Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Awww... Toddy, you just bring a tear to my eye. Such a compassionate guy that wants the best for the game.

Serious concerns have been raised about the financial management of a billion-dollar broadcast deal under his watch, but NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg says he doesn't feel like a 'dead man walking'.

After four seasons in rugby league's top job, questions have been raised about Greenberg's management and the financial model that has NRL headquarters running at a yearly cost of $182 million.

And while the NRL has been forced to look at the entire expenditure and confront inefficiencies in spending in the face of the coronavirus crisis, many have asked how rugby league has been able to fall to its knees so rapidly.

Prior to the suspension of the season, Greenberg's contract was the subject of headline fodder given it expires in October, but over the past month, it has taken a back seat to the effects of the coronavirus on the competition.

However, Greenberg has come under intense criticism for not immediately taking an equivalent pay cut to NRL players, and with the financial model now reset for the next few months, attention has once again turned to his future as the game's boss.

"It doesn't feel like (I'm a dead man walking), it feels like I'm working a lot of hours," Greenberg told Fox Sports on Friday.

"I've got to say we've had great support from our chairman Peter V'landys and the entire commission.

"We feel very supported and I think I'm encouraged by the fact that there's been so much support to try to drive the game forward.

"Of course there's going to be criticism. I'm a realist, I take that criticism primarily in the title and in the role that comes with the game.

"That criticism will continue to come. I see that as part of the rugby league landscape that any senior administrator or leader in a role like mine has to take that.

"I think the primary criticism is around the game's distribution model and cost base sustainable for the future. I think that's a question that we have to answer."

It's an issue Greenberg says every sport and business in Australia is now dealing with.

Australian Rugby League Commission chairman Peter V'landys will ultimately have the final say on whether Greenberg will remain CEO when talks resume later in the year.

However, he continues to insist he is in no rush to secure his future.

"Peter and I have had pretty strong working relationship over the last month or so I would have to say, I don't think anyone on my phone, including my wife, is higher up on the call sheet than the chairman," Greenberg said.

"He and I have spoken regularly over the last month and worked our way through this period together.

"I've maintained throughout the whole year that my future is almost irrelevant through this. It's the game's future.

"I'm just going to put my head down, work really hard and do the best I can for this sport and ultimately these are decisions for the commission and the chairman later in the year once we get ourselves back onto an even keel."
Here's the classic dictator/megalomanic stuck in the circle of denial. Wow he's a dead set c**t.

Awww... Toddy, you just brought a tear to my eye. Such a compassionate guy that wants the best for the game.

Serious concerns have been raised about the financial management of a billion-dollar broadcast deal under his watch, but NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg says he doesn't feel like a 'dead man walking'.

After four seasons in rugby league's top job, questions have been raised about Greenberg's management and the financial model that has NRL headquarters running at a yearly cost of $182 million.

And while the NRL has been forced to look at the entire expenditure and confront inefficiencies in spending in the face of the coronavirus crisis, many have asked how rugby league has been able to fall to its knees so rapidly.

Prior to the suspension of the season, Greenberg's contract was the subject of headline fodder given it expires in October, but over the past month, it has taken a back seat to the effects of the coronavirus on the competition.

However, Greenberg has come under intense criticism for not immediately taking an equivalent pay cut to NRL players, and with the financial model now reset for the next few months, attention has once again turned to his future as the game's boss.

"It doesn't feel like (I'm a dead man walking), it feels like I'm working a lot of hours," Greenberg told Fox Sports on Friday.

"I've got to say we've had great support from our chairman Peter V'landys and the entire commission.

"We feel very supported and I think I'm encouraged by the fact that there's been so much support to try to drive the game forward.

"Of course there's going to be criticism. I'm a realist, I take that criticism primarily in the title and in the role that comes with the game.

"That criticism will continue to come. I see that as part of the rugby league landscape that any senior administrator or leader in a role like mine has to take that.

"I think the primary criticism is around the game's distribution model and cost base sustainable for the future. I think that's a question that we have to answer."

It's an issue Greenberg says every sport and business in Australia is now dealing with.

Australian Rugby League Commission chairman Peter V'landys will ultimately have the final say on whether Greenberg will remain CEO when talks resume later in the year.

However, he continues to insist he is in no rush to secure his future.

"Peter and I have had pretty strong working relationship over the last month or so I would have to say, I don't think anyone on my phone, including my wife, is higher up on the call sheet than the chairman," Greenberg said.

"He and I have spoken regularly over the last month and worked our way through this period together.

"I've maintained throughout the whole year that my future is almost irrelevant through this. It's the game's future.

"I'm just going to put my head down, work really hard and do the best I can for this sport and ultimately these are decisions for the commission and the chairman later in the year once we get ourselves back onto an even keel."

"I've got to say we've had great support from our chairman Peter V'landys and the entire commission. .....

Sounds like he "has the full support of the board"

woohoo!

Here’s an alternate view on the Plandemic. Max backs up a lot of what @susan has been saying. eg, overflowing hospital bed bullshiit, increase in domestic violence, as well as an increase in mental health related issues.
And even If you don’t buy everything Max is selling, at least you’ll get to see the beautiful Springbrook National Park. If Max is right, that pleasure may get taken away too.
Open BOTH eyes ppl.

Last edited:
Hilarious
"There is no coronavirus, there is no covid 19 pandemic sweeping across the planet - this is a huge scam to crash the economic system - If you haven't put your money into precious metals or cryptocurrencies do it pretty quickly folks"

Or how about this [14.35] "Covid 19 isn't killing anybody. All the evidence shows it's electromagnetic poisoning that's killing people"

or "Soon they'll be encouraging people to buy sex robots to bring home, the govt might even start supplying them just to keep the populace happy"

Haha Come on wombat, I'm not so sure susan will be thrilled you have linked him with this crackpot conspiracy theorist!

Hilarious
"There is no coronavirus, there is no covid 19 pandemic sweeping across the planet - this is a huge scam to crash the economic system - If you haven't put your money into precious metals or cryptocurrencies do it pretty quickly folks"

Or how about this [14.35] "Covid 19 isn't killing anybody. All the evidence shows it's electromagnetic poisoning that's killing people"

or "Soon they'll be encouraging people to buy sex robots to bring home, the govt might even start supplying them just to keep the populace happy"

Haha Come on wombat, I'm not so sure susan will be thrilled you have linked him with this crackpot conspiracy theorist!

Never sure with posts like that whether it is just trolling, boredom or the big 's'.

A quick glace at the comments where it is full of "This only happened when 5G started!" is enough to indicate what level the video is aimed at.

"The Earth is flat," says guy making money from fools.

Never sure with posts like that whether it is just trolling, boredom or the big 's'.

A quick glace at the comments where it is full of "This only happened when 5G started!" is enough to indicate what level the video is aimed at.

"The Earth is flat," says guy making money from fools.
Sort of makes sense, I suppose if you're a prepper then a govt issue sex robot could just about complete your bunker requirements?

Notice plenty of comparisons with the Spanish Flu epidemic some 100 years ago but many more billions of people habitating the earth now , more congested locations , huge level of international travel so really a totally different ball game in terms of trying to control this pandemic . Only consolation and according to some medical authorities , generally 80 per cent of people who contract it will only experience mild symptoms but that still leaves many individuals at risk of developing a dangerous form of it . Just how long the curve has to stay flattened before things can return to some normality in most countries seems to be the big imponderable and uncertainty .

Hi all, I was visiting my son, his partner and my first granddaughter (18 months), in New Zealand and at the 11th hour I decided to stay and help them through this as they have no other family here to help.
So we are into week 2 in lock down ... seems to be working pretty well ... no panic buying of dunny paper or anything really ... shelves are fully stocked ... 25 people at a time allowed into the local New World supermarket, fully staffed, no queuing at checkouts, 10 minutes in the 2 metre gap queue to get in. Only 1 person per household allowed to shop.
We are opposite the public high school (closed), which has unbelievable sporting (and cultural), facilities, so we can go for a daily exercise walk with the 2 dogs. 4 rugby fields 3 soccer/hockey fields, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 2 cricket ovals and a ****load of netball courts etc... any way I hope everyone in Oz stays healthy during this nasty pandemic... cheers

Notice plenty of comparisons with the Spanish Flu epidemic some 100 years ago but many more billions of people habitating the earth now , more congested locations , huge level of international travel so really a totally different ball game in terms of trying to control this pandemic . Only consolation and according to some medical authorities , generally 80 per cent of people who contract it will only experience mild symptoms but that still leaves many individuals at risk of developing a dangerous form of it . Just how long the curve has to stay flattened before things can return to some normality in most countries seems to be the big imponderable and uncertainty .
So many unknowns with this thing. Read an article this morn indicating the peak could be mid April if strict adherence to distancing and isolation occurs. The way I see it, I do my part with this thing and adhere to the messaging and everyone else does then hopefully they get a handle on it. I also worry about the broader impacts as raised by Susan. So much mixed info and messages out there tho.

Hi all, I was visiting my son, his partner and my first granddaughter (18 months), in New Zealand and at the 11th hour I decided to stay and help them through this as they have no other family here to help.
So we are into week 2 in lock down ... seems to be working pretty well ... no panic buying of dunny paper or anything really ... shelves are fully stocked ... 25 people at a time allowed into the local New World supermarket, fully staffed, no queuing at checkouts, 10 minutes in the 2 metre gap queue to get in. Only 1 person per household allowed to shop.
We are opposite the public high school (closed), which has unbelievable sporting (and cultural), facilities, so we can go for a daily exercise walk with the 2 dogs. 4 rugby fields 3 soccer/hockey fields, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 2 cricket ovals and a ****load of netball courts etc... any way I hope everyone in Oz stays healthy during this nasty pandemic... cheers
Ahhh packing shelves at New World. Man I loved my teenage years in NZ. Those years of first employment coincided with my following of Manly in the early 90s. Great memories!

Yeah well.... I hope everyone in ALL countries stay healthy! So there

Hmmpf

(lol)

Yeah well.... I hope everyone in ALL countries stay healthy! So there

Hmmpf

(lol)

Sorry buddy ... yes indeed, it is affecting the whole planet, ... I have family in the States that I wish had gotten the hell outa there ... actually I was wishing that before Covid-19 the dumb arse, petulant ginger man-child is freking dangerous

Here’s an alternate view on the Plandemic. Max backs up a lot of what @susan has been saying. eg, overflowing hospital bed bullshiit, increase in domestic violence, as well as an increase in mental health related issues.
And even If you don’t buy everything Max is selling, at least you’ll get to see the beautiful Springbrook National Park. If Max is right, that pleasure may get taken away too.
Open BOTH eyes ppl.

Sorry buddy ... yes indeed, it is affecting the whole planet, ... I have family in the States that I wish had gotten the hell outa there ... actually I was wishing that before Covid-19 the dumb arse, petulant ginger man-child is freking dangerous
BBC NEWS

Mr Trump announced the CDC's guidance at the White House daily coronavirus briefing, but repeatedly emphasised that the advisory was "voluntary".

"You don't have to do it," he said. "I'm choosing not to do it, but some people may want to do it and that's OK. It may be good. Probably will."

Asked why, he said: "I just don't want to be doing [that], somehow sitting in the Oval Office behind that beautiful resolute desk, the great Resolute Desk."

"I think wearing a face mask as I greet presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens, I don't know somehow I don't see it for myself. I just don't. Maybe I'll change my mind."

Ah yes of course, David Icke, conspiracy theorist extraordinaire

Originally working as a BBC television sports presenter, Icke claims he saw former British Prime Minister Ted Heath's eyes turn black while the two waited for a Sky News interview in 1989.[9][10] In 1990, while spokesman for the Green Party, he visited a psychic who he said told him he had been placed on earth for a purpose and would begin to receive messages from the spirit world.[11] The events led him to announce the following year that he was a "Son of the Godhead"[6] and that the world would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes, a prediction he repeated on the BBC's primetime show Wogan.[12][13] The show turned him from a respected household name into someone who received widespread public ridicule.[14]

The Reptilian Elite

1585974791135.png

They are among us. Blood-drinking, flesh-eating, shape-shifting extraterrestrial reptilian humanoids with only one objective in their cold-blooded little heads: to enslave the human race. They are our leaders, our corporate executives, our beloved Oscar-winning actors and Grammy-winning singers, and they're responsible for the Holocaust, the Oklahoma City bombings and the 9/11 attacks ... at least according to former BBC sports reporter David Icke, who became the poster human for the theory in 1998 after publishing his first book, The Biggest Secret, which contained interviews with two Brits who claimed members of the royal family are nothing more than reptiles with crowns. (Picture Dracula meets Swamp Thing).

Hilarious

Mundine claimed the same thing he blamed the new world order hahaha he's a fool of a took that's for sure

mrs ge, being bored keeps sending me tiktok videos (which some are funny and pretty cool)

But one was tagged (not by her) Oh my gosh...watch to the end!!!!!!

I'm thinking, the vid's are 10 freaking seconds long!!! How friggen short must your attention span be to feel the need to tell people to watch to the end?!?!?!?!?!?!

Now get the hell off my lawn you Gen Z's!

sheesh, just to show it can always be worse, the next EIGHT second video not only went #waittillcheifturnsaround but also felt the need to overlay that fact on the video

Get some national friggen service into your fomo butts, then we'll see how your attn span improves when looking at the business end of an AK-47... liek totes for realzzzzzzz

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6