Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In the Sunday paper: Canterbury leagues club $4.5m loss LAST year. Will only get worse this year due to it being closed.

Pokie rivers of money drying up?
It’s a generational change, the ‘young’ generation now can bet on anything on their phone and also the rise of sport betting has taken over from the pokies for the occasional flutter as well.

It’s a generational change, the ‘young’ generation now can bet on anything on their phone and also the rise of sport betting has taken over from the pokies for the occasional flutter as well.
Spot on. Was back in Australia in Feb before the world went to ****sville and went to dinner a few nights at 2 different country NSW clubs and 2 on the GC which 10 years ago would have been packed in the pokie areas. They looked like a ghost town with a median per peson playing age somewhere in the 70ś. Change is a foot and those clubs reliant on the pokies will need to be very careful over the next few years....

Spot on. Was back in Australia in Feb before the world went to ****sville and went to dinner a few nights at 2 different country NSW clubs and 2 on the GC which 10 years ago would have been packed in the pokie areas. They looked like a ghost town with a median per peson playing age somewhere in the 70ś. Change is a foot and those clubs reliant on the pokies will need to be very careful over the next few years....
Probably going to have an effect on some State government 's revenue also if that is the case or ongoing trend with a reduction in Pokies taxes .

I hope that poker machine revenue dries up. Gambling is a social disease which is eating into our way of life like terminates into timber. I absolutely loath the constant gambling adds on Foxtel which I consider socially irresponsible. Gambling destroys more families than smoking ever did.

I hope that poker machine revenue dries up. Gambling is a social disease which is eating into our way of life like terminates into timber. I absolutely loath the constant gambling adds on Foxtel which I consider socially irresponsible. Gambling destroys more families than smoking ever did.
The problem is the modern day gambling is basically 24/7 and you can do it from your own living room. At least with pokies you had to get off your arse and go to the pub or club and most at least shut for 8 hrs or so a day.

The only saving grace is that the modern form of gambling you can at least apply a level of skill to increase your chances against pokies which are designed for you to lose

The problem is the modern day gambling is basically 24/7 and you can do it from your own living room. At least with pokies you had to get off your arse and go to the pub or club and most at least shut for 8 hrs or so a day.

The only saving grace is that the modern form of gambling you can at least apply a level of skill to increase your chances against pokies which are designed for you to lose
There's always something to gamble on:

The problem with pokies isn't just that they are designed for you to lose, it's that they are designed to get you hooked. There is a reason that they've been banned in other countries.

I think the world as we know it will be very different after this is all over.

And until it is over even if they start to relax things a little I reckon it’s going to be a long time before anyone leaves our shores for an overseas holiday ( other than NZ).

I think the world as we know it will be very different after this is all over.

And until it is over even if they start to relax things a little I reckon it’s going to be a long time before anyone leaves our shores for an overseas holiday ( other than NZ).
Agree we need to keep the borders closed until there is a vaccine or an effective treatment.

Not sure NZ will be accepting any riff raff like Aussies!
If the Aussies can't get there who is going to be skiing and boarding in Canada next season? Apart from the Aussies stuck there Whistler will be empty .... The locals will have it themselves!

If the Aussies can't get there who is going to be skiing and boarding in Canada next season? Apart from the Aussies stuck there Whistler will be empty .... The locals will have it themselves!

I am pretty sure Whistler emptied all the houses of Aussies. The air is cleaner anyway (lol).

They are probably looking at that now! If everything is back to normal then the usual influx of Aus, NZ, UK, USA, DEU, SPA crowds will all flow in.

I dunno, you just can't click you fingers and get everyone back, plus Whistler has a lot of young people getting paid sfa wages, scammed in housing, all for the experience of the whistler party and ski experience. It must work.... as there's always a lot of "young'uns" every season.

Now Whistler is owned by the evil Vail overlords, it's even more convenient for Americans to trip up for the weekend. I was shocked seeing a one day ticket can be about $140 !!!! (Last I checked it was $100 and everyone was complaining).

Obviously everyone buys a multi day ticket which reduces the cost significantly...even season passes.

If British Columbia still have the mandatory 14 day isolation in effect when it's getting white outside... buggered if I know how many of the younger ones will still want to head on over and work while living in a dump.

House prices will probably fall so it'll only be 800k to buy a 1 bedroom heap 'o crap instead of the usual 1.1 million (sigh).

This season was crap btw.

As I typed the above... just saw that one of the staff housing blocks at Whistler is on fire. Didn't need that.

Agree we need to keep the borders closed until there is a vaccine or an effective treatment.

Bill Gates is in control:

Today, the group is focused on many areas that drive continued work across the world. These activities have given birth to new forms of technological, eugenic endeavours.

The organisation is simply continuing the Gates family legacy of trying to dominate and control the world’s systems, including in the areas of technology, medicine and now agriculture.

So, a man who has profited largely off vaccine development for years and also held ‘simulations’ of pandemic outbreaks is now cashing in on the chase to develop a COVID-19 vaccine? How fitting.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4