Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Of course they (potential buyers) would and some of the doomsayers like Handsome (cough) Mark from Brisbane need to take a Bex and lie down. Sure, it doesn’t help when Scott gets on the phone to Ritchie and spills his guts.

In the old days it was rugby league’s Tiberius with a telephone, aka Peter Peters, who was on the blower to Ritchie, Brent Read, et al. Nowadays as a cost-cutting measure, Scott has to do it himself.;)

Remember we are talking RL here, many of the so-called experts are feeble-minded flogs themselves.

If one of them told you all they know about the world, it wouldn’t take long. And if two of them did, it would take no longer.

Terry , I’ve left this for a few hours.

But mate , attack my views ( that’s fine) , disagree with me ( also fine) but seriously “ Handsome ( cough)” really is a tad below the belt.

Sure, I’m hardly “ Rueben Garrick “ , I’m an almost 65 year old , balding about to be pensioner but really did you have stoop to personal insults??

We are all entitled to an opinion, I get you don’t like mine and that’s fine but at least I have the guts to list my real name and put a real photo up and I’d really really appreciate not be insulted by someone that hides behind a made up name

I have however taken your opinion on board and hope we can move on.

But that ball is in your court!!

If the players really want a game to go back to when this is over they all right now to go to a minimum wage across the board.

All nrl players in each clubs top 30 need to look at this seriously.

I would think something like 15 k per month which isn't bad in the scheme of things.

None of this 20% decrease talk. Be bold and make the call.

Definitely 1,000% don't agree with that.

I own a small business and so far I'm not seeing anything that will help me through this. Nothing, I actually wish I could get the dole, $1,100 a fortnight and I'd be *en happy to wait in a queue for 8 hours to get that *, if that's what it took? FMD, I dream for that kind of money.

Small business owners like me will earn nothing, we will eat into every last bit of our cash reserves, all our personal savings and we'll try and survive by taking on more debt and even then without customers or sales many of us will probably still go broke.

As far as I can tell, the measures announced so far are designed in a way to enable employers like me keep my staff employed. What I will receive at the end of April might cover a months wages, but they are not paying it until end of April anyway. They do nothing to help cover my daily overheads,. ..... insurance, rent, electricity....... bla, bla, bla. You get it. So if I don't have sales then those things aren't covered and then my team don't have a place to work anyway.

Its probably not the best financial decision but I've too much personal energy and money invested in my business to walk away without trying everything but at the moment that $1,100 a fortnight looks pretty sweet and I really wouldn't complain about having to wait in a queue or that the My Gov website crashed.

Anyway, **** times for all.

Go Manly.
Hang in there brother. You and your ilk are the backbone of this country. I salute you.

No

I never supported the Northern Eagles, I sort of watched and hoped for wins but never could get fully behind the team.

No Manly and I save money and time.

I'll admit I supported the Northern Eagles, but it was hard cheering for players like Jason Taylor who had come from the North Sydney side of it. My support was because of the Manly side, plain and simple.

1997 was the only year where I have supported another team while Manly were playing. And that was only because there were two competitions and the two would never have to play each other (being from Adelaide I did support the Rams in the Super League season. I even had season tickets and didn't miss a game, even their World Club Challenge games). But as soon as peace emerged and the NRL came to be from 1998, there was only ever one choice as to who I was going to support. Regardless that my home town had its own team, my rugby league loyalty starts and finishes at Brookvale Oval.

I do fear for the future of our club with all that is happening right now. Hopefully we do come out the other side (if there is another side) and Manly is still intact as a football club. But if the club does end up going under, I won't be supporting any other team, even if there is one from Adelaide.

Spoke to someone today who picks up my green waste once a month. (No green bins in Townsville) His last pick up was from a uni academic who told him that the lock down won’t work in this country because in China and South Korea and Japan they have respect for the law and know they will be punished. Here we just want to be insta famous and couldn’t give a **** about our elderly neighbours around the corner.

The dickheads who went to Bondi on Saturday said that loud and clear didn't they.

Attachments

• Red Card meme.jpg
    Red Card meme.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 7
I guess there is one positive note about the season being canceled.

Manly will still be the last club to win a Grand Final played at the SCG :cool:

Going to be an interesting day.. my business is staying open, but will there be any customers? Does anyone have money for takeaway anymore??
Its an odd feeling.. being relieved to be open as so many other businesses are closing, and weve only been open under 2 years so theres no savings or any back up money to get us by if we close, but also getting to worry about being face to face with people all day long, exchanging money etc, do i want to risk getting this sh!t and taking it home to my 1 year old???

Gonna take every precaution i can, but still, worrying times.

Going to be an interesting day.. my business is staying open, but will there be any customers? Does anyone have money for takeaway anymore??
Its an odd feeling.. being relieved to be open as so many other businesses are closing, and weve only been open under 2 years so theres no savings or any back up money to get us by if we close, but also getting to worry about being face to face with people all day long, exchanging money etc, do i want to risk getting this sh!t and taking it home to my 1 year old???

Gonna take every precaution i can, but still, worrying times.

A couple of the food places here have started preparing 'take away food you prepare at home' so they can stay open. A local burger joint will, for $35 give you a kit with all the stuff for 4 burgers and fries ---- ah, I mean chips!

And a pizza place will parcook their pizzas so you can get 'em home and finish them there.

All to minimize 'handling' and to keep your distance.

The book shop is "No browsing, order your books online, come in and 'tap' pay, then go away."

Dunno if that helps, but I wish you all the best.

Mmmm burgers, pies, pizzas. Gawd, wish I could find a neenish tart somewhere!

Terry , I’ve left this for a few hours.

But mate , attack my views ( that’s fine) , disagree with me ( also fine) but seriously “ Handsome ( cough)” really is a tad below the belt.

Sure, I’m hardly “ Rueben Garrick “ , I’m an almost 65 year old , balding about to be pensioner but really did you have stoop to personal insults??

We are all entitled to an opinion, I get you don’t like mine and that’s fine but at least I have the guts to list my real name and put a real photo up and I’d really really appreciate not be insulted by someone that hides behind a made up name

I have however taken your opinion on board and hope we can move on.

But that ball is in your court!!
You’re right Mark I shouldn’t have written that.

I forgot the golden rule that if you make it personal (I was only trying to be lighthearted, but it missed the mark) you risk losing the argument.

My apologies.

A couple of the food places here have started preparing 'take away food you prepare at home' so they can stay open. A local burger joint will, for $35 give you a kit with all the stuff for 4 burgers and fries ---- ah, I mean chips!

And a pizza place will parcook their pizzas so you can get 'em home and finish them there.

All to minimize 'handling' and to keep your distance.

The book shop is "No browsing, order your books online, come in and 'tap' pay, then go away."

Dunno if that helps, but I wish you all the best.

Mmmm burgers, pies, pizzas. Gawd, wish I could find a neenish tart somewhere!
That might be an idea worth looking into.. selling burger kits . Were honestly looking at it day by day.. i fully expect the rest of us to be shut down by early April, this thing isnt gonna get better any time soon..

That would be an accurate description of myself. I had a look at my superannuation about a week ago and couldn't believe how much was gone, I haven't been game to look again. For those reaching retirement and with no time to make up the shortfall it's a real worry.

Yes, but even worse when you don’t have any way of topping it back up.

We lost a heap in the GFC (about $250k) but I worked for another 5 years and salary sacrificed $50k a year to make that up, this time in retirement, if I sell it’s gone.

I have about 12 months in cash so let’s hope that’s enough to ride this out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4