Congratulations on two fronts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
1. To David Perry. I don't know David personally but I'm surprised at how many comments denigrate him when he seems to be doing a good job (to me, as an outsider). From what I read he has managed to find some third-party deals for DCE which seem promising. David has a really tough job to do, and I think we should all trust his judgement and business acumen. Getting $8-Million worth of talent into a $5-M cap is a feat I wish I could achieve for my family budget.
2. I know journalists are despised by virtually all posters on this site but Andrew Webster's column today in the Daily Terror was spot on, putting the blame squarely on Orr for not representing the best interests of his client.

Jury's out on Perry but he has had some tough times to deal with since taking the job and off the top of my head I can't recall anything he's done that I've been critical of. In fact so far I'm quite impressed.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jury's out on Perry but he has had some tough times to deal with since taking the job and off the top of my head I can't recall anything he's done that I've been critical of. In fact so far I'm quite impressed.

gees mate thats tough
go over to mwse and check out the business partner (sponsor) page and see how long it is now compared to 12 months ago and how many new brands there are on there supporting our club.

For mine despite being unfairly pasted by journos who love hasler and his greek mate Dave Perry has done an outstanding job.

With him, the penns, quatum and the footy club we are in good hands.

I want to join the who's family if he has a $5m family budget... :)

And on a serious note yeah Webster was on the big sports breakfast this morning and made sense......for a change after some of his rubbish.

Cambo said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

gees mate thats tough
go over to mwse and check out the business partner (sponsor) page and see how long it is now compared to 12 months ago and how many new brands there are on there supporting our club.

For mine despite being unfairly pasted by journos who love hasler and his greek mate Dave Perry has done an outstanding job.

With him, the penns, quatum and the footy club we are in good hands.
I say I'm impressed and you think I'm being too tough on him? :huh:

Have to agree. He has done a great job at the place. Especially with all that has gone on.

Yep, I think Perry has done a great job in difficult circumstances.
I feel safer now about our long term survival than I have in the last decade, despite the ramblings of Paul Kent.

Am I the only one who would like to run into Kent at the pub and tell the grub what I think of him ?

Fro said:
I want to join the who's family if he has a $5m family budget... :)

Look for me at The Caxton at Mark's function prior to the Broncos match and I'll dip into that budget to buy you a beer!

Masked Eagle said:
I'm suspicious of the Telegraphs motives. I think this article is part of a wider conspiracy to bring us down! :eek:

There have been many more articles from the Yellagraph over many years which have had the same motive. Not new. And sickening. I now generally refuse to either read or, if I do, believe its exaggerations.

Perry negative include, in his own words first priorities were to resign Hasler and Hoppa. Fail and Fail.

Positives include punting Zorba and seems to be stabilising a sinking ship financially.

The Who said:
bob dylan said:
Perry negative include, in his own words first priorities were to resign Hasler and Hoppa. Fail and Fail.

Both were unaffordable. Both are expendable.

He said they were his priorities not me, so he failed with both.

bones said:
David Perry got rid of Zorba so he is all right in my books.
Zorba was a legend and liked by many including myself and i was naturally disappointed he is gone but thats all water under the bridge now and as a passionate Manly supporter i would like nothing more than to see David Perry doing a great job for the Sea Eagles .

Bozo, Zorba was never a legend, unlike your namesake. Zorb was an ordinary second rower who played in the 72 GF win. Not a standout player, but one respected for being a one team Manly player and a GF winner. However he obviously hung around sucking on the club's teat just a wee bit to long and became a cranky guy with a few axes to grind. Never a legend. I think there's been a mile of threads on this guy. probably way to many.

arty said:
Masked Eagle said:
I'm suspicious of the Telegraphs motives. I think this article is part of a wider conspiracy to bring us down! :eek:

There have been many more articles from the Yellagraph over many years which have had the same motive. Not new. And sickening. I now generally refuse to either read or, if I do, believe its exaggerations.
Yeah, I too refuse to read it, or if I do, I keep my eyes closed.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6