Commentary gripes thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Since when did it become a compulsory part of sports commentary to update the sporting odds every 5 minutes.  All of course with the all-important disclaimer "gamble responsibly" as though that's going to stop thousands of kids starving in the next week.

since centrebet became a major sponsor

"Since when did it become a compulsory part of sports commentary to update the sporting odds every 5 minutes"

When they are sponsored by the provider of those odds. Another example of mixed messages from the NRL and hypocrisy from Gallop.

The other one that gets me, and they never declare an interest on it either the sly bar$tards, is how they always refer to the Gold Coast as the Jet Star Titans, yet no other club is referred to by their sponsors name. You watch on Sunday, it'll be the Jetstar Titans this, Jetstar Titans that.........but you won't hear the Quantam Hot Water Sea Eagles mentioned once. Talk about cash for comment.

I wonder what they will call the Jetstar Titans once they get F**king smashed i hope Watmough, Matai, Perry and Co smash that ****ing turd Nathan Friend.

Dan link said:
  no kidding.  But chip and Chase makes the point well.

Also, how annoying and invasive is that stupid Keno ball scoring a try and running across the screen all the time?

The direction set by the NRL is to firmly associate the game's image with the active promotion of drinking (sponsorship), gambling (sponsorship) and the sex trade (timing of TV coverage in new target market of Melbourne).  Provides an interesting backdrop for Gallop's preaching about responsibility of players in these areas. How long will it take for a major Hanse Cronje controversy to emerge?

I thought the "gamble responsibly" disclaimer was trite given they'd just highlighted someone who'd bet $2500 on a long shot (Crocker first scorer).  Fine for them as it came off and they might have buckets of cash to play with, but was it an appropriate example to highlight to the average mug punter?

While im up my moral high ground and having never ever placed a bet on anything, especially two flys running up a wall or a horse or dish licker or a red hot or a sports bet, ever ever. I will remember that gambling, while very bad, for the very small majority, like alcohol or going to the gym or anything else involving anyone with an addictive personality is unfortunate and I wish they would not give money to our game, but please place a bet a www.centerbet.com.au you idiots, by the way lets bring back prohibition and make everyone swim in head to toe swimming outfits.
I mean for fucckks sake are we that pathetic now that we have to go and bag out a major sponsor when dollars for sponsorship are becoming increasingly more competetive. Come On!

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180470.msg224106#msg224106 date=1242997374]
  no kidding.  But chip and Chase makes the point well.

Also, how annoying and invasive is that stupid Keno ball scoring a try and running across the screen all the time?
[/quote] I actually thought it was an M&M until my daughter told me it was a keno ball.

Fulton, I'm not sure anyone's bagging out a sponsor.  I think the go is to point out the idiocys of Gallop and his ilk.  We all love the alcohol and sex and gambling.  It's the cement the game is built on.  There the working man's addictions, league is a working mans game, and Gallop should just get on his middle class lawyer's horse, named Hypocracy,  and ride out of town.  Leave the game to stay down and dirty and, dare I say it, popular.  And Nicci, I too thought it was an M&M.   

Fulton link said:
While im up my moral high ground and having never ever placed a bet on anything, especially two flys running up a wall or a horse or dish licker or a red hot or a sports bet, ever ever. I will remember that gambling, while very bad, for the very small majority, like alcohol or going to the gym or anything else involving anyone with an addictive personality is unfortunate and I wish they would not give money to our game, but please place a bet a www.centerbet.com.au you idiots, by the way lets bring back prohibition and make everyone swim in head to toe swimming outfits.
I mean for fucckks sake are we that pathetic now that we have to go and bag out a major sponsor when dollars for sponsorship are becoming increasingly more competetive. Come On!
Right on! And let's bring back cigarette advertising while we're about it (not)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4