[Resurrected] Colman’s call: Manly “let the wrong half go” calls grow louder as dce and Manly struggle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well said @Dee Why Eagle .... my sentiments exactly. DCE might be this and might be that, but always puts in 100%.

We definitely let the right half go!
6a00e54ef85fc488340191043befdd970c-pi

Sooky Pants Foran was the right half to go - wish he had pissed off end of 2014 and not wasted our Season pining for the Next Level :finger:

Last edited:
And there you have it Folks the first real negative article about Manly
I was trying to get use to all the positive articles but now getting that normal feeling back
Just might coincide to going back to winning ways

Proven again tonight. Foran is 2 games for 2 wins. His team looks structured (even though they have had massive change as well).

DCE looks lost, soft and indirect both in attack and defense.

Laugh it off all he likes, and listen to those that "only support him". Either way he's playing like garbage.

Proven again tonight. Foran is 2 games for 2 wins. His team looks structured (even though they have had massive change as well).

Laugh it off all he likes, and listen to those that "only support him". Either way he's playing like garbage.

Corey Norman & Radradra are the reason Parra is winning. Norman is on fire at the moment. Foran is a passenger but he is a media darling now so he gets all the praise.

Foran was steady...that's all he will be....maybe will miss 4-5 games after his old mate T Rex fended him into a 5 metre cartwheel.
DCE has had a slow start, there's no dispute....difference is, he is far more talented when on & once the team lifts & grows, he has far more gears than Foran.
As for Eels.....no surprise they started 2016 well, like 2015 & many others....watch them dwindle & chase Brad Arthurs head - AGAIN ...by round 20

True Ryan.

What disappoints me more is our other old heads aren't stepping up more when Chez is clearly out of form.

And if Walker was playing as well as Norman, the last couple of weeks would be a fair bit different.

If DCE is not an organiser, then why the hell wouldn't Parcell be the choice as 80 minute hooker. He sees everything around him, gives crisp service, and has unbelievable intelligence compared to almost everyone in the team bar BJ.

Even Sterling said last night that Foran is basically a passenger out there for the Speels right now.

The thing is though that the rest of that team is currently stepping up. Of course it helps when they have the refs on side.

Dear Uncle @lsz

All of us here at silvertails etc etc really admire you taking on the post more stuff to make @Dan rich project (just kidding dan)

but please refrain from publishing total rubbish in the future.

thanks

your bestest bff

globularmceagleness

HASHTAGjackdaniels
A little click bait goes a long way to up the numbers...

Corey Norman & Radradra are the reason Parra is winning. Norman is on fire at the moment. Foran is a passenger but he is a media darling now so he gets all the praise.

We had Norman & Semi last year & the year before (with Hayne). Eels still flopped.

It's either what Manly supporters are suggesting , that suddenly, this year, coming out of the shadows of a miserable 30years, the NRL have decided they will fix our games or something else..

We are winning because we aren't leakage as many points as we have in the past.

That's because of an improved attitude & mental fortitude of the pack & the team overall.

Helped with more toughness, leadership & composure & skill from Scotts, Jennings, Gordons reliability & Foran too.

Foran did a lot for us Friday night, defensively & offensively, not just kick for Semi/Jennings first try. I'm not stupid enough to get into an argument with Manly supporters re Foran. He's mud to most here. That's just my opinion.

Our team performances have also been helped because the Juniors, Mau's, Meroa, as well as the Norman's & Semi's are also improving as players on upward curves & the return of Edwards adds more punch.

It's early days, with a long season ahead, so far so good & we'll see how we respond when we hit a poor patch. That will be the litmus test. We responded well to our R1 loss, so, signs are good.

Now it's Manlys turn to respond, though, DCE has no hope if the team keep leaking points & are on the back foot.

Where's the attitude & siege mentality when you need it ?

Last edited:
We didn't let any half go. Offering a mill a more a year is not letting Foran go. He chose to leave. As for letting the wrong one go, impossible.

Foran is great player and played some great games for Manly over the years. Unfortunately he was not happy at Manly in 14-15.
I think he will be great at Parra but not a great creative lay in tries type, more of a cool head that plays well under pressure (when his hearts in it) and can direct the players around him.
One problem though will be he will only play 65-75% of games this year.

Eelectric is right. The eels are playing much better than us and what he said is mostly correct. Neither Foran or DCE are worth the money they are on at the moment. One is playing like **** and the other is playing injured and the jury is out on him. Norman is far and away their best half.

I suppose time will tell, you don't win a comp in March.

What we do miss @Eelectric is Forans no nonsense defense on the edge.

On a totally different topic we have a spare member here that I am certain would be a perfect fit on your speels forum if you could lure him across with promises of becoming a selecter. @Turbo would be indistinquishable from your dribblers.

We had Norman & Semi last year & the year before (with Hayne). Eels still flopped.

It's either what Manly supporters are suggesting , that suddenly, this year, coming out of the shadows of a miserable 30years, the NRL have decided they will fix our games or something else..

We are winning because we aren't leakage as many points as we have in the past.

That's because of an improved attitude & mental fortitude of the pack & the team overall.

Helped with more toughness, leadership & composure & skill from Scotts, Jennings, Gordons reliability & Foran too.

Foran did a lot for us Friday night, defensively & offensively, not just kick for Semi/Jennings first try. I'm not stupid enough to get into an argument with Manly supporters re Foran. He's mud to most here. That's just my opinion.

Our team performances have also been helped because the Juniors, Mau's, Meroa, as well as the Norman's & Semi's are also improving as players on upward curves & the return of Edwards adds more punch.

It's early days, with a long season ahead, so far so good & we'll see how we respond when we hit a poor patch. That will be the litmus test. We responded well to our R1 loss, so, signs are good.

Now it's Manlys turn to respond, though, DCE has no hope if the team keep leaking points & are on the back foot.

Where's the attitude & siege mentality when you need it ?

I think this debate is more centred around another man the silvertails love to hate brad arthur. When he was at manly our defensive attitude was first class. It seems its his trademark. It was just easier to get it going at manly due to the squad of proven performers we had.

Credit where its due

It pisses me looking at parra and the dogs look like us in so many ways as they have both cherry picked us extensively, but we dropped the ball, its a ruthless game on and off the field. We fought a ongst ourselves for too long.

But if the cap dramas around the eels proves correct i wont be happy. Just like the dogs, and melb they were able to assemble strong squads and weaken other teams chances . Im sure other teams do it as well but our squad has been ravaged by the eels as of late .

Manly should seek damages through cival proceedings i reckon as nearly all there breaches are a direct result of offering overs to our squad. Hell i even read they did it with gower, wtf is that

DCE hasn't had decent service since Ballin got injured at the tail end of last year - that's about when his form slump started.

I don't think Ballin ever gets the credit he deserved for the quality of service he gave our halves.

Api has sadly not been up to it so far this year - maybe his off field issues have taken their toll on him, and he will recover, but at the moment he shouldn't be near first grade.

Parcell is a gun and it's obvious how much better we are with Parcell at hooker.

Hopefully having Parcell at hooker will help DCE out of his slump.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2