[Resurrected] Colman’s call: Manly “let the wrong half go” calls grow louder as dce and Manly struggle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He wrote a book about the Superleague War around 1995 Moondog. I didn't read the whole thing, just the Manly stuff. There was no hint of him putting the boot into Manly.

He must have experienced some weird metamorphosis when he crossed the border Terry. His reporting on Manly has verged on unbalanced in the Courier Mail.

Maybe he really loves Manly but is too scared to say it, so he just writes what people want to read. A bit like Ryan's love for Chezza.

;)

I wonder if this journalist wants to do a long-winded column about how Thurston went all of those years until Granville and Morgan came along.

I'm not surprised how Daly has gone this season. He has lost one of the most reliable hookers in Ballin, has been separated from one of the game's best fullbacks for the first 2 games and no longer plays alongside Foran who is a good player with a lot of experience.

You put anybody under that amount of pressure and they are going to be nowhere near their best

Last edited:
As Tooves said, organising a team on the field isn't one of DCE's strengths. That's where Snake, Matty Ballin and Foran were good for him because they did the organising and allowed DCE to provide the brilliance.

Right now we're seeing with Manly what we all saw with NQ until Granville and Morgan popped up. Thurston isn't an organiser and needs someone around him to do that. That is part of why he has been so successful for Qld and Australia for so long and only just successful for NQ last year. With Qld and the Kangaroos he has Cronk and Smith, just like he now has Granville and Morgan in his club side.

Its the same with DCE and its why Qld kinda looked like chooks with their heads cut off when Cronk broke his arm in 2014. They had to play with two halves who couldn't organise a chook raffle in a pub, but because JT was the obvious senior DCE was forced to play Cronk's organising role and it didn't work.

ok, accepted that DCE is not on fire in the first two games. But the HUGE difference between DCE & Foran is that DCE always gives 100%. Towards the end of last year when Manly were ****e & he was playing injured, he did so; this year sure, accused by some as playing caca but how many tackles is he pulling off? Yes, DCE may be a mercenary but he always puts in with effort... something that is foreign to Foran. Glad he with his negative karma aura is gone. The end. Red wine please

This is exactly what I was talking about in another thread the other day, laying the boot in after 2 games.. Man I cant wait till he starts playing blinders while Foran is on the sidelines with that bung hammy, then we will see what everyone has to say!

ok, accepted that DCE is not on fire in the first two games. But the HUGE difference between DCE & Foran is that DCE always gives 100%. Towards the end of last year when Manly were ****e & he was playing injured, he did so; this year sure, accused by some as playing caca but how many tackles is he pulling off? Yes, DCE may be a mercenary but he always puts in with effort... something that is foreign to Foran. Glad he with his negative karma aura is gone. The end. Red wine please
Well said @Dee Why Eagle .... my sentiments exactly. DCE might be this and might be that, but always puts in 100%.

We definitely let the right half go!

To be fair the headline is quoting what is basically a throw away line in the middle of the article with the focus more on Manly's high expectations v current predicament rather than comparing DCE v Foz performances.

Not many sentences that are free of factual errors although that is standard for a "NEWS" article.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4