Cody Walker - Grub extraordinaire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cody was named in honour of this Cagney character in White Heat, Cody Jarrett:
AAF72AE6-9AB2-4535-8DFD-537CCB319232.jpeg

As the game’s no.1 grub, Cody is now entitled to yell - “Made it Ma, top of the world!”

Cody Walker and a few of the Vermin side has this niggle about them and its overshadowing for me their brilliance on the field.

When they got the better of us in round 2. when the game was done they started a melee and Gagai and Walker were involved. Walker has a nasty streak in him and he bends the rules too much for my liking.

This to me is their biggest weakness is the players I mention can be put off their games and the teams with discipline like Penrith will get the better of them if they try that on.

The issue with the Vermin is they have a sense of entitlement now all due to the bending of the rules they have gotten away with in relation to medical retirements, favours from the NRL in relation to cap relief, the fact the NRL wants them to be top 4 every year. I could go on and on about them.

Ever since I started watching the game in the 70s at the end of their great era they had a chip on their shoulder and the world owed them, I still see that today and they are a club that I would not want to be a success!

Good club footballer when a team is travelling well but vulnerable in the big games and potentially detrimental to team culture if things aren’t going well. Feels a bit like Mundine v2.

I wouldn’t have him near the blues squad.

Souths are a protected species, Cody Walker has no incentive to pull his head in when he can get away with four binnable offenses in two weeks and face one week off. Ditto for when Latrell and the several swinging arm offenses last year, and previously Sam Burgess for existing

Easily the most creative five eight in comp outside of Munster. Also a grub. But so is Munster.At club ,as opposed to origin level , he is an undisputed match winner.

Pick your poison I suppose.

We have a team full of nice guys. One of the reasons we are easy beats in my book when things get tough.Letting AFB go basically made the nunnery complete..no chocs, kingy , gift , Rambo , k ward amongst our boys.

It’s nice to think a team of choir boys and talent wins competitions. It doesn’t unfortunately.All the top teams have blokes who cross the line regularly.When JWH doesn’t play in big games, Roosters struggle.

Id love a bit of mongrel in our team.Maybe not petty cheap shot stuff like Walker but some sort of intimidation for sure.

Last edited:
Easily the most creative five eight in comp outside of Munster. Also a grub. But so is Munster. At club ,as opposed to origin level , he is an undisputed match winner.

We have a team full of nice guys. One of the reasons we are easy beats in my book when things get tough.Letting AFB go basically made the nunnery complete..no chocs, kingy , gift , Rambo , k ward amongst our boys.
Undisputed match winner that he is but, as the thread title says, Walker's also an extraordinaire at grubby tactics.
As for Munster, I don't think he's anywhere near that grub level - just a top-class five eight and very good player.

Well said about our team though. Releasing AFB, left us devoid of an enforcer and (as my son calls them) a team of powder puffs.

Easily the most creative five eight in comp outside of Munster. Also a grub. But so is Munster.At club ,as opposed to origin level , he is an undisputed match winner.

It’s nice to think a team of choir boys and talent wins competitions. It doesn’t unfortunately.All the top teams have blokes who cross the line regularly.When JWH doesn’t play in big games, Roosters struggle.

Id love a bit of mongrel in our team.Maybe not petty cheap shot stuff like Walker but some sort of intimidation for sure.
He is one of the most exciting players to watch but just a massive scumbag. Like why would he elbow meaney who did nothing to him like that. Or step on waddells foot... like wtf is wrong with him? If hetherington did that **** to Reynolds he would be gone for weeks EASY. souths are protected and have been for years now

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6