It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From a very close and good source of mine has told me the players have been told today that john Cartwright will take over the job for the next 2 years

Forget other media reports the decision has been made , press conference this time next week or if the club can sort it out TB's situation before Sunday it will be announced after our game but probably very unlikely.

I only post when i get good information..
I dont like being the other internet trolls and spread rumours.

Interesting times ahead.

Last edited:
From a very close and good source of mine has told me the players have been told today that john Cartwright will take over the job for the next 2 years

Forget other media reports the decision has been made , press conference this time next or if the club can sort it out TB's situation before Sunday it will be announced after our game but probably very unlikely.

I only post when i get good information..
I dont like being the other internet trolls and spread rumours.

Interesting times ahead.

Cheapest easiest option and the least popular with the fans..... given how this year has played out I guess it was probably never in doubt.

How inspiring... Cartwright, now that’s a clear indication to all of us that the owners are serious about getting us to our next premiership. Cartwright has done a marvellous job at getting our boys to the number one position in the entire competition... for most amount of points conceded.

Bugger, was hoping for Maguire.

I believe your source so I’d say it’s a done deal and it would tie in with how cheap the Penns are and Maguire would cost more than Cartwright.

Oh well, 2 years of mid table finishes I’d say :wasntme:
If we're lucky. It's hardly inspiring news. I hope I'm mistaken, but common-sense suggests he must surely be part of the problem these past few years.

And here I was hoping for Julie Bishop (who I truly believe would have been better).

Well Hoss would not have been my choice but he is a genuine type of bloke with integrity which would be a positive.

Hoping he can get some high quality support around him in assistant coaches (eg the best available with passion and capability to be an NRL coach) and top class recruitment manager.

I know Zorba already told us that Cartwright was the coach but there was always the faint hope that it wasn't going to happen. Once it's announced then how many of us will feel confident that the **** that has gone on this year on and off the field wont be repeated again next year? It will be a sad day for our club when it is announced. Cheapest option, yes. Best option, no.

Cartwright as coach is another nail in the Manly Sea Eagles coffin. I just hope it is not the final one.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2