Cleary's Or Turbos?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

If you had to pick 1 family for Manly

• Cleary's: Coach and halfback

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Turbo brothers: FB and 13

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
We have fallen behind everybody by focussing on the coach. Gone are the days where simply a good coach is the answer. You need good systems, development, pathways, recruitment and coaching working in unison. Melbourne have achieved it without a huge junior league why can’t we. We are stuck in a time capsule whilst the top sides move into the future.

Why aren't the Arthurs an option ??!!
Or the Flanagans? @:D

“Our club is very aligned,” Cleary stated.
They are owned by Panthers Leagues, who run 6 licenced clubs. Manly's journey into private ownership has been a bumpy one, at the moment it definitely feels like we are at the bottom of a giant pothole and need to get back up on the road in order to go forward. An absent owner is not setting the right tone, we don't seem aligned at all!

Well, stupid question, however the Clearys have the runs on the board and will probably be next to score.
In saying that I wouldn’t swap Tom and Jake, but I’d love to have Nathan and Ivan at the club, they both have that winning aura in spades, there well loved and respected by all at their club, sadly things appear very different at our club.

If the poll was like for like, i.e. coach for coach & halfback for halfback, the Clearys would probably win 100% of the vote.

Maybe someone could post this poll: In 2023 which team will finish higher on the ladder, Bulldogs or Sea Eagles? :)

Ok post GF fun.
Would you rather have Ivan as coach with Nathan our 7 OR Tom and Jake for 2023 ( and Des as coach)
Both. It was a poor decision to not retain Ivan all those years ago. Ridge went to super league soon after Ivan left.

Some dud decisions over the years, retaining players based on character is a factor that manly has not done well.

Cleary would have been solid through the late 90s and early 2000s, improving all those teams.

I left boats - we never refer to them as ‘subs’, only skimmers (the surface navy), pongos,* Albo’s Penguins** and civilians do that - nearly three decades ago and have only recently retired from the outfit.

However old habits do die hard.

*Pongos - Army. Because when the Army leaves the pong goes.
**Albo’s Penguins - Air Force. One in a million can fly.

Psssh...who said 'subs'?

Thanks for the definitions (still...proving my downtime quip. lol)

Yawn zzzzzzzzzz
Sleep Yawn GIF

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4