Clean Out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Other" teams have big money TPA's and benefactors with heavy pockets and a paper bag account at their local IGA.

I imagine the Rorters add 2-3 million annually to the cap, 3 or 4 other clubs 1-2 M. For example, the Rorters have about 2M worth of wingers.

Us, maybe 300k in TPA'a.

We spend about 6M of our probable 10.2M on 9 of our 30 players.
Simple solution.....Release Jake Trbojevic! There are plenty of forwards out there better than him & on half his salary. With the money saved we’d be in the market for some real good signings......we could get Staggs & Welch with the coin he’s on!

Lolololol.....AFB & Marty don’t bend the line??? What do you call post contact meters? Not bending the line? Both are right up there with post contact meters so to say they’re slow & don’t bend the line makes me laugh! AFB voted best prop in the game by his peers & Marty along with AFB voted best prop pairing but they don’t bend the line!
That's 2 players out of 6 starters, 3 bench forwards and a bench hooker. That's 2 out of 10 forwards where I come from mate. Learn to count.

I’m not talking about the others mate, I’m talking about our props....that’s 2 players so learn to count!
So you just wanted to crap on my post about our forwards not bending the line by only talking about 2 out of the 10 forwards involved. Good one genius.

So you just wanted to crap on my post about our forwards not bending the line by only talking about 2 out of the 10 forwards involved. Good one genius.
Lolololol actually I’m not crapping on your post just defending players you’re crapping on! I’m at least making factual statements unlike you genius! Bet you can bend the line eh.

I don't think a huge clean out is needed.

What is needed is better luck with injuries and players like Tom playing most of the season instead of sitting on the side lines injured. When he has played since 2019, Manly have won 80% of game's played, and that was with still a few players out . Imagine what this side could achieve with some consistency with their full strength playing roster

For me the biggest concern this year (other then the reliance on Tom) was

Hooker
Winger (decent back up Full Back)

I was excited for 2021, as was hoping Faniu would return and would also have young Hoppa Jr step up.

Both of these now thrown in turmoil so very disappointing

Simple solution.....Release Jake Trbojevic! There are plenty of forwards out there better than him & on half his salary. With the money saved we’d be in the market for some real good signings......we could get Staggs & Welch with the coin he’s on!
How can you actually justify releasing Jake over Marty if you were to get rid of a key player. Ludacris.

Jake has been one of our best for years and even in recent defeats has been one of the only to rise and actually have a go. Scored a try or two and tackled his heart out.

For the past few years he has been one of the best forwards in the comp, no argue. This year he has been average compared to that form.

Taupau has always been a hitman but never actually reached that ‘elite’ category that Jake has been in for years. I really liked Taupau but theres a reason why he couldnt crack the starting side of New Zealand for years... he is a high impact 30-40 minute player with a brain fart per game. I rate Taupau highly still but not nearly on the 750k he’s on.

I would rather pay 900k (overs) for Jake who has proven himself at the highest level, is younger and is a future captain of the club.

The jake trash talk is a bit if a joke IMO... much worse players in the team when looking at late performances... Marty one of them... got completely outmuscled by Panthers pack. At least Jake still held his own.

Marty has been far surpassed by AFB this year. I would prefer a Christian Welch for 500k who is solid and reliable along with Jake and let AFB, Paseka and Keppie be the impact middle forwards.

Also to add to this about your “factual statements” you claim you rely on above, Marty’s metres per game was roughly 118m... Addins was 184 (Second best to JT, this stat was from about 2 weeks ago or so). 118m per game is extremely low for a starting forward especially of one on Marty’s coin.

How can you actually justify releasing Jake over Marty if you were to get rid of a key player. Ludacris.

Jake has been one of our best for years and even in recent defeats has been one of the only to rise and actually have a go. Scored a try or two and tackled his heart out.

For the past few years he has been one of the best forwards in the comp, no argue. This year he has been average compared to that form.

Taupau has always been a hitman but never actually reached that ‘elite’ category that Jake has been in for years. I really liked Taupau but theres a reason why he couldnt crack the starting side of New Zealand for years... he is a high impact 30-40 minute player with a brain fart per game. I rate Taupau highly still but not nearly on the 750k he’s on.

I would rather pay 900k (overs) for Jake who has proven himself at the highest level, is younger and is a future captain of the club.

The jake trash talk is a bit if a joke IMO... much worse players in the team when looking at late performances... Marty one of them... got completely outmuscled by Panthers pack. At least Jake still held his own.

Marty has been far surpassed by AFB this year. I would prefer a Christian Welch for 500k who is solid and reliable along with Jake and let AFB, Paseka and Keppie be the impact middle forwards.

Also to add to this about your “factual statements” you claim you rely on above, Marty’s metres per game was roughly 118m... Addins was 184 (Second best to JT, this stat was from about 2 weeks ago or so). 118m per game is extremely low for a starting forward especially of one on Marty’s coin.
Kind of agree mate but I think you’re harsh on Marty. I Think he puts in & not sure what brain farts per game you’re talking about. I don’t think he gets outmuscled at all but we all have different opinions. I do think Jake is overrated & not worth the money he’s on
to be honest. He’s nowhere near JT from the cowboys but isn’t far off his salary. I’m not trash talking Jake but he has more brain farts per game than Marty! Cam Murray & Victor Radley are on less coin, are better players & offer much more than Jake.....just my feelings mate.

Kind of agree mate but I think you’re harsh on Marty. I Think he puts in & not sure what brain farts per game you’re talking about. I don’t think he gets outmuscled at all but we all have different opinions. I do think Jake is overrated & not worth the money he’s on
to be honest. He’s nowhere near JT from the cowboys but isn’t far off his salary. I’m not trash talking Jake but he has more brain farts per game than Marty! Cam Murray & Victor Radley are on less coin, are better players & offer much more than Jake.....just my feelings mate.
fair play son.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6