City Ferry to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Saw some Dogs supporters wearing their jerseys and crossing from the City to Manly via the ferry today (probably celebrating last year's grand final).

Obviously, the Cooks River and Georges River ain't good enough. But glad they are spending their money on our local economy, however unsightly.

There was also a woman all wrapped up from head to toe, but as it's not hot enough in the over 30º inside the ferry, she had a Dogs scarf around her neck????

---

Another reason they should have customs at Manly wharf. They could have impounded the offensive clothing.

Quite funny that!! Although nearly every Manly fan I meet lives in the Western suburbs or elsewhere, not the Northern Beaches area. The most passionate ones seem to be from a long way away. eg BE, Kiwi Eagle etc. If we could just get huge amounts of 5 minuters to Brookie games 20k would be average and we would get a new stadium. :s:-/

Darren said:
Quite funny that!! Although nearly every Manly fan I meet lives in the Western suburbs or elsewhere, not the Northern Beaches area. The most passionate ones seem to be from a long way away. eg BE, Kiwi Eagle etc. If we could just get huge amounts of 5 minuters to Brookie games 20k would be average and we would get a new stadium. :s:-/

Like any good poll you should indicate which area you took your sample in. Many passionate fans live on the beaches! Myself included.

MWSE said:
Darren said:

Like any good poll you should indicate which area you took your sample in. Many passionate fans live on the beaches! Myself included.

Was raised just up the hill overlooking Brookie and spent many a football day on the NE Hill at the ground with a group of regulars. Now live near Parramatta but still support the Eagles and remain surprised at how many Sea Eagle fans live out this way. Travelling to Brookie these days is a major trip, just as it is for Manly supporters coming the other way. But will always consider Brookvale Oval the only legitimate home of the mighty eagles.

Sorry MWSE, there are passionate beaches fans (like yourself) but obviously not huge amounts judging by our numbers. No knocking on doors poll but when you go to games and you chat to our fans it seems like most I talk to are from outside of the beaches. Not surprising as the housing prices would make it near impossible for the grown up children to remain on the beaches.

I'll never forget when we won the GF and we were going to have the parade at Manly. Beaver said the club was worried no one would turn up! Such a shame this dominant club can't sell out it's ground. Locals never had it so good. I have travelled from the Gong for 28 years, 3-4 hour return trip and frigging locals can't get there to support the Mighty Eagles (oh, hang on, when finals are on they go) Homebush full of maroon and white on GF day :dodgy::sleepy:!!

I'm not from the beaches, but I'm still not quite convinced there are not a lot of passionate fans there. Hmmm....What does Jase think? ;) lol

Haven't seen Jace as on holidays but he always tells me that Souths have no problems with support, local or otherwise as they are the best supporters in the country. Just look at all the car stickers! hmmm

Darren said:
Haven't seen Jace as on holidays but he always tells me that Souths have no problems with support, local or otherwise as they are the best supporters in the country. Just look at all the car stickers! hmmm

I understand when a Manly supporter has to move away from the Northern Beaches because the housing prices are too expensive here.

What I don't understand is why the Wabbits, Drags, etc. who dislike our local team move into the locality concentrated of Manly fans?

Everytime during Finals, a number of cars are flying the Manly flags, ...surely that would make those Manly-haters want to move back out to the more affordable housing areas???

---

Problem with Brookie is its capacity. There have been many matches played in recent times when the ground has been full. Trouble is it becomes standing room only and the crush I suspect dissuades some supporters from attending. Ticket prices also cause problems for families and then food prices are exorbitant.

You want crowds to attend these days, you've got to pander to what they are prepared to tolerate, otherwise they'll go elsewhere, and on the northern beaches unlike in the west, there's lots of alternative places to go.

Manly have the product with ongoing competitive teams and top players. But spectators want to sit and enjoy it and they certainly dont want to pay half their pay packet to bring the family.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4