City country and tactics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
First of all josh Reynolds is such a soccer playing diving dog. Early in the second he stands up into a markers thigh and dives on the ground holding his head like he was just hit by a bullet.

Now a for tactics it was clear the city halves are used to teams that use big men up the middle all they did was keep turning up the guts for the big men to try and strike down the middle, then kicked out for toupou on the wing. Boring football and a losing tactic against a pack like countries.

City were atrocious out of dummy half and 2nd receiver often was getting the ball behind them or from a terrible pass

Wingers only got to touch the ball on kick returns and when coming to help get us a few meters.

There were so many opportunities away from the middle but the halves refused to go there, instead relying on big bopper to just run at the line.

Neither of the city halves should be allowed near origin

First of all josh Reynolds is such a soccer playing diving dog.

Watched my annual snippet of A-League today. Still a complete and utter embarrassment that grown men feel they need to act like that. Soccer will never be a force in this country while they glorify and encourage cheating like they do. It's pathetic basically.

I'll tune in again next year to see if things have changed.

Dan said:
First of all josh Reynolds is such a soccer playing diving dog. Early in the second he stands up into a markers thigh and dives on the ground holding his head like he was just hit by a bullet.

Now a for tactics it was clear the city halves are used to teams that use big men up the middle all they did was keep turning up the guts for the big men to try and strike down the middle, then kicked out for toupou on the wing. Boring football and a losing tactic against a pack like countries.

City were atrocious out of dummy half and 2nd receiver often was getting the ball behind them or from a terrible pass

Wingers only got to touch the ball on kick returns and when coming to help get us a few meters.

There were so many opportunities away from the middle but the halves refused to go there, instead relying on big bopper to just run at the line.

Neither of the city halves should be allowed near origin

Sums it up well

Would have fallen uner this category guy's - KISS aka Keep It Simple Stupid.

Well it worked for the Kiwis kind of.

I'm just so not sold on Josh Reynolds. I know nearly everyone I talk to says he should be the NSW 5/8, but he just doesn't have:

1) Creativity
2) A good kicking game
3) Size to have a good running game

Now he does have

1) plenty of mongrel
2) plenty of energy
3) a desire to win at all costs.

And whilst those 3 things are positives for origin, to me you need something from the first 3 point, and he just doesn't have those.

Mullen to me is a stride from ripping his hamstring again, just the way he moves is so cautious. He reminds me of Snake the first week or two when he comes back from injury.

I'd go with Mullen, simply because I can't cheer for Reynolds. I know gamesmanship is part of footy, as much as I mightn't like it...I just think Reynolds does stray into the soccer-style diva category.

Thurston is no giant, so Reynolds size isn't an issue, but if Daley plumps for Reynolds I may just hope no Manly players get picked...
And not watch at all.

There were some nice touches today, but the game lacked intensity and seemed a cut-and-paste creation...more like a PR exercise than a real contest.

Scores aside, if yesterday's match was any indication of how NSW will play in Origin this year.....Qld will win in a clean sweep.

Was it just me or did anyone else get the impression that the City halves had instructions that if they were going to go to the wings then it was to Tupou's side of the field more often than not?

The tactic was clearly kick for the high jumping Toupou, no doubt there at all. However why put a winger like Taufua in the team who is more of a ball running winger, if you aren't going play out toward him. He was given very little space or time with the ball

Didn't watch it. Nothing game. Don't care who makes the NSW squad. I will watch origin because it's high quality, but won't care who wins. Wouldn't care if QLD won 20 series in a row as long as Manly keeps winning.

The only player apart from Josh Reynolds I can recall that pissed-off or fought with every other player in the entire competition was Tommy Raudonikis.

Mind you, Tommy would rather knock himself out than take a dive.

bones said:
Didn't watch it. Nothing game. Don't care who makes the NSW squad. I will watch origin because it's high quality, but won't care who wins. Wouldn't care if QLD won 20 series in a row as long as Manly keeps winning.

As a born and bred South Aussie and life long Manly fan I whole heartedly agree :D

Though I did watch when the City vs Country game was shown here in Adelaide.....at 1am Monday bloody morning.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4