Christmas Sportsbet Odds - Premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good odds for Sharks. Manly and Warriors aren't very generous, considering how we both went this year.

Don't get the Rorters' odds as they lost their goal kicker and RTS. Both are huge point scorers @:rolleyes:

Sharks should be above the Rabbids and Dogs IMO @:cool:

Manly and Warriors aren't very generous, considering how we both went this year.

True but the Warriors have recruited very well & their year derailed with Shaun Johnson's injury and he should start the year fit & raring to go. With Matilino, Mannering, Luke, RTS and Johnson, Warriors will be top 4. Arguably the most unpredictable and dangerous spine in the comp.

And Manly - well their team is almost unrecognisable from last year.
How many faces from 2015 will be there in 2016??? Three??? ;)

Note: I got on the Eagles at $17. :party:

True but the Warriors have recruited very well & their year derailed with Shaun Johnson's injury and he should start the year fit & raring to go. With Matilino, Mannering, Luke, RTS and Johnson, Warriors will be top 4. Arguably the most unpredictable and dangerous spine in the comp.

And Manly - well their team is almost unrecognisable from last year.
How many faces from 2015 will be there in 2016??? Three??? ;)

Note: I got on the Eagles at $17. :party:

I'm not a punter but I have two bets a year, 1 on the Melbourne Cup for a bit of fun ( usually $25 each way) and 1 on Manly, been doing it for the last decade and am probably still in front.

I have $50 on Manly at $17

If I was given a grand and could not back Manly it would go on the Warriors.

Fantastic team on paper and have to put it together at some stage.

If you want to go by the theory that the NRL likes to favour teams some years ala Souffs 2014 then it could be the story they are looking for.

I'd love to know how the Rorters are 2nd favourite at $6.50. No RTS, no Maloney and his goal kicking (for which they don't seem to have a decent replacement).

Personally I see the Rorters sliding down to the bottom half of the top 8 next year.

Speels at $23 even with the Dalai and Kieran "The next attempt to replace Sterling" Foran running the show :rofl:

Sharks good value....Think we are way too short.. recruited very well, but injuries do happen, team will take time to gel..

I think 2016 has the potential to be one of the closest competitions on record. There are a lot of good teams on paper. I for one expect the donkeys to do well as they have such an advantage with their roster and draw. The cowpokes will find out what its like to be hunted as every team will be after them. The rorters will remain strong but there are a few weaknesses there now. I think the teams that will improve on 15 will be Manly after a slow start will really improve, I think the Sharks will lift as they have a good spine. Whatsamatta have to improve surely the March premiers at least. The warriors have some good players but do they have the belief? Their challenge is to not drop their bundle after origin time. Souffs will be stronger with Burgess but will miss Luke, Des will have the dirty dogs up there and abouts. It will be an exciting league and no easy games for the best part

I'll be slipping some cash on us and the Warriors.
Broncos will be hard to beat though

^ Might be wishful thinking but I actually expect the Broncos to slide this year. I'm still surprised they did so well last season and I've got a feeling the Wayne Bennett halo effect will have worn off by now. Fingers crossed they go back to being ordinary.

The real question is how good will the manly forward pack be this year against the top teams. We have the outside backs to win the premiership but do we have the forward pack.

Warriors are the great unknown. I can't forget how they collapsed this year, it was a stunning fall... and they have exactly the same coach setting the mentality this year.
Can RTS and Luke suddenly transform that bloke (forget his name) into a genius and a premiership winning coach?

The Warriors 2015 season crashed and burned the day we beat them and they lost Shaun Johnson....coincidentally it was the same day.

If the Warriors happen to make the 8 next year then as always with that mob, anything is possible.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7