Christian Welch

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 26876

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely another Storm forward who will not amount to much outside of the ‘system’. Have there been any forwards to have successfully moved on from the Storm?

We have Taupau and AFB (upgraded) on big money next year,we also have Boyle and Paseka on decent money and potentially Sipley on a modest increase(maybe,if we re-sign him).We can't afford to throw more money at the position,not $600k....A player on the rise,but don't think it would be wise to tie up more money on props...

Welsh is a good player , probably is more suited to the back row where he has played much of his previous footy and originally played his junior footy as a centre . Waddell and young Haumole should be the main priorities to retain going forward as likely mainstay future back rowers [ and Shuster is maybe also being considered as a future back rower as well and a key priority signing despite him going great as a 6 in the juniors ]., Capable players like Welsh and whatever their asking price always tend to find a club prepared to meet their terms but surely not Manly at present with so many good up and comers in their forward prospects .

Replace Sipley with Welch Lolol.....you’re kidding right?
No I just thought i’d post the rumour. Would’ve loved him a year ago, although don’t really need him now imo. His price way , way too steep.

Sipley has been great for sure, but he still needs some improving (and will do so with more games!!). Just wondering what people would think about a player like welch. Backs are obviously where our focus should be though

No I just thought i’d post the rumour. Would’ve loved him a year ago, although don’t really need him now imo. His price way , way too steep.

Sipley has been great for sure, but he still needs some improving (and will do so with more games!!). Just wondering what people would think about a player like welch. Backs are obviously where our focus should be though
Harry.............Sipley is getting better with the more games he plays for sure. To be honest I think our forwards rotation / depth is pretty good. I also think our backs are improving in a big way. Unfortunately we now have Trbo, DCE, Taufua & Walker on the side lines! We have a number of youngsters coming thru who we need to keep & not lose at the expense of players we don't really need. Our full strength team is more than capable of kicking every other teams a$$! With the inclusion of a Gutherson we would be a pretty formidable team.
Backs: Tom T, B Elliott, J Taufua, M Suli, B Parker, R Garrick, D Walker, A Hopoate, A Miski, S Kioa, DCE, K Elgey, L Croker, T Hodkinson, C Cust, L Metcalf, .....add Gutherson
FWDs: M Taupau, AFB, Jake T, T Sipley, M Boyle, C Wadell, C Sironen, J Thompson, J Gosiewski, K Tanginoa, T Paseka, L Perrett, H Olakau'atu, S Keppie

Harry.............Sipley is getting better with the more games he plays for sure. To be honest I think our forwards rotation / depth is pretty good. I also think our backs are improving in a big way. Unfortunately we now have Trbo, DCE, Taufua & Walker on the side lines! We have a number of youngsters coming thru who we need to keep & not lose at the expense of players we don't really need. Our full strength team is more than capable of kicking every other teams a$$! With the inclusion of a Gutherson we would be a pretty formidable team.
Backs: Tom T, B Elliott, J Taufua, M Suli, B Parker, R Garrick, D Walker, A Hopoate, A Miski, S Kioa, DCE, K Elgey, L Croker, T Hodkinson, C Cust, L Metcalf, .....add Gutherson
FWDs: M Taupau, AFB, Jake T, T Sipley, M Boyle, C Wadell, C Sironen, J Thompson, J Gosiewski, K Tanginoa, T Paseka, L Perrett, H Olakau'atu, S Keppie
Absolutely agree, well said

Most likely another Storm forward who will not amount to much outside of the ‘system’. Have there been any forwards to have successfully moved on from the Storm?

Tohu Harris is the only one who I can think of. Great player who is now stuck in an inconsistent side

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4