Cherry-Evans has good news for Sea Eagles ahead of Rooster game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
HALFBACK Daly Cherry-Evans has delivered Sea Eagles fans the message they wanted to hear ahead of tonight's grand final rematch with the Sydney Roosters at Brookvale Oval.

Read More

HALFBACK Daly Cherry-Evans has delivered Sea Eagles fans the message they wanted to hear ahead of tonight's grand final rematch with the Sydney Roosters at Brookvale Oval.

“I’m ready
Daly_Cherry-Evans-420x01.jpg
to go, I’m excited, I can’t wait playing the Roosters side which are in great form at the moment,” the Manly star said.

He said being rested from training at the start of the week had been very beneficial as he recovered from a knee injury.

“Days off are what helps it — resting, physio,” Cherry-Evans said.

“The Manly club is very conscious of that and they have been very helpful.”

In more positive news Cherry-Evans revealed that in the normal scheme of things he won’t do any further damage by continuing to play.

“It was a bit sore after Origin but I felt as though it recovered pretty well to be honest,” he said.

“So I won’t be putting myself in any dangerous position for my future moving forward by playing any more games this year.”

He said it would take an unfortunate incident such as the tackle by Bulldogs forward Sam Kasiano where he originally sustained the injury to hurt his knee again.

“Other than that the general bumps and bruises you get from rugby league they won’t do any further damage,” he said

Cherry-Evans also said he was prepared to make way for Cooper Cronk in the Queensland Origin side if he is available for game three.

“If Cooper is back I have no doubt he will slide straight back into the No. 7 for Queensland,” Cherry-Evans said.

“I will go back to the bench and it will be business as usual for Queensland

It honestly doesn’t bother me.

“I’m only 25-years-old and I am fortunate enough to be involved in a few Queensland sides already.

“My time to represent Queensland in the No. 7 will hopefully come later down the track but I’m in no rush at the moment to put a stranglehold on that jersey.”

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/cherryevans-has-good-news-for-sea-eagles-ahead-of-rooster-game/story-fngr8iii-1226967827442

HappilyManly said:
We had the rematch in Round 4 - why is it another rematch :huh:

You know what channel nein is like. Using any excuse to boost ratings.

Ita going to be an epic game. Great news sid is on the mend. He was kicking again vs the sharks so I assumed he ia getting over the worst of it.

I don't want to hear about DCE playing for QLD.
Maybe I'm selfish but my heart is with Manly and I want our players available for every game.

from the title i thought he had finally agreed to extend his contract so that we wouldn't have to listen to all of the speculation about him going to the donkeys or whoever is the flavour of the month for slothfield

He could announce he's re-signed with Manly. That would be good news.

Related video:

DCE revved up for blockbuster

Thu 26th June, 02:48PM

In what is shaping up to be one of the matches of the season, Sea Eagles halfback Daly Cherry-Evans says he's revving for tomorrow night's blockbuster against the Roosters at Brookvale Oval.

Click here to view the video at seaeagles.com.au

Daly is an impressive young man, for sure.

Apart from the brief case of the sniffles there, he is spot on and saying exactly what you'd want to hear right now.

Tonight really is shaping as the defining game of the season so far; certainly our MIGOTY by far.

Thanks @Jethro for the clip.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6