Chee Kam

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
Seems a fair pick up, big unit. To me a trex clone, hangs on the edges, to be honest needs 12 months in nsw cup. But given our forward depth may be bloodied early.

He was hurt early. AC injury, they say. So he was not as dominant as he could have been. But when he returned he did try.
Comparing him to She-Rex is an injustice. This kid puts in, and tackles.
He's a good pick-up.
We need youth, speed and enthusiasm in our forwards.

the worry for me is how much strapping he had on for twenty,obviously plays it hard but nrl is a major step up from 20s.
Looks like he needs year in nsw cup [/font]

He'll be 21 by next yrs kick off and a summer under Donny will make sure he will be ready for first grade. He will be in the 2nd row next to Choc next year.

I saw him today for the first time and u think he should be given a go in firsts. I think shirt period to really get himself used to it then he will a starter soon enough. Our forwards legs are starting to get weary and he will be very useful. Plays it hard and fast.

Looks to be a real prospect. Great build for a wide running backrower, and looks to be more athletic than Trex. Will definately be playing 1st grade next year. Add the human missile Richie Faaoso into the mix and all looking good for us next year.

i think he needs a little bit more beef on him to play in the nrl, otherwise can't wait to see him in maroon & white

He has size already the way I see it, geez canberra imploded. He will come off the bench, buhrer deserves a go first up.

winnyason said:
He has size already the way I see it, geez canberra imploded. He will come off the bench, buhrer deserves a go first up.

I'd agree with that as I really think we need to go the route of faster more mobile forwards. We have gone past the arm wrestle, muscle up, grind out a win game plan of the last 5 years. It is taking a huge toll on our forwards who were all busted up by the end this year. We now need to run the game at a faster pace because we have the halves to do it now and plenty of skill and speed in the backs.Unfortunately due to the lack of vision by the NRL the game is headed in the direction of the Toyota cup where points are easy to score because defenses are crap. Speed and mobility are going to be the keywords for the future.

On a different aspect . . the Tigers have some terrific prospects so maybe the clearing of the first grade decks will prove a smart move for them.

Chee Kam tweeted today - not the news I wanted to hear , injuries suck man would be mad to do the haka, well life goes on gt this shoulder right for Manly '13

bones said:
Chee Kam tweeted today - not the news I wanted to hear , injuries suck man would be mad to do the haka, well life goes on gt this shoulder right for Manly '13

they're saying possible reco.

i had one 3 weeks ago, should start physio in another 2/3 weeks.

he should be right if he gets it done soon?

What I've seen of Chee Kam, he could need a reco on both shoulders but I'd still have him at our club over Trex.

Matabele said:
T Rex was hiding out in the backline at this kid's age.

I've only watched him play two games and was impressed by what I saw. The other thing I saw was that he seemed permanently camped out wide.

Bit like Choc when he was younger, the great days of Choc bowling them over and going straight through!!

God I hope we see choc running wide again next year.. Buhrer is a great defender and would be an ideal middle man, when he was getting solid game time he was notching 30 tackles easy..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6