Cheating Squeels!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sealbomb

What part of the Squeels cheating got to you the most in tonight’s MASSIVE loss?

I think for me it was probably the pocket money they gave Hayne to go chase his dream in another country, in another sport, last year. That really hurt us out there tonight. He really tore up the field (albeit a preseason NFL field in 2015).

For some of you it may be the inequity of Lee Mossop being paid out secret offshore payments of $50k so he could go home to England to play for Wigan (I wonder if the payments were offshore because he was living in England?) The guy played 3 games for the worms. If that doesn’t scream uneven playing field I don’t know what does.

The injustice for me that came a close second to the Hayne scandal was the temerity they had in cleaning out their roster and then paying multiple players to play at other clubs in 2014 counted on their cap. Then in 2015 with a horror injury toll and while still paying a few players running around in opposition Jerseys they blatantly pull in a dozen reserve graders, the likes of Luke Kelly and Bureta Faraimo, blowing the 2nd Tier cap so they could actually field a team. CHEATS!

And don’t even start me on how they scandalously brought forward some of Semi Radradra’s pay upgrade a couple of years ago so he could support his sick father. The nerve! If that isn’t a Daily Telegraph front page scandal, well, I’d be all ears to hear what is? Sure, they forgot to mention that it was approved by the NRL in the article, but who has time for such detail when there is a board to bring down.

And to add insult to injury our former favourite son, Anthony Watmough, sitting in the stands watching the game (he was actually quite close to the field). You know that he got an NRL registered 3rd party deal from a subsidiary of a company that did some IT work for the club. Outrageous! I am told he has actually been in the stands to watch all the games this year if you can believe that?

Why they didn’t do the legitimate way of topping up players pay off the books by having your Chairman allegedly sell properties from his property development company, at a large discount, to star Australian players and future immortals is I guess a question for Steve Sharp to answer. No need for a year-long audit reaming there. Perhaps Ben Ikin should bring this up on his “Like it – Don’t like it“ segment on NRL360. He was a director at the Cowboys after all and could shed some light on how to get a deal like that done and swept under the carpet. They do have a premiership so must be doing something right?

Anyway, if not for all this squeels Machiavellian chicanery I think we would have been in this game up to our ears. The cheating scum worms should be rubbed out of the comp for this year (and if I had my way next year as well).

/Rant

I know I shouldn't feed the trolls but isn't cheating still cheating?

Didn't cause us to lose tonight. Have Parcell and DCE out with a hooker playong half and a backrower playing hooker contributed to that.

Didn't cause us to lose tonight. Have Parcell and DCE out with a hooker playong half and a backrower playing hooker contributed to that.

Cheat
Verb
Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage:

Have they mismanaged their Cap? Yes
Have they been unbelievably stupid? Yes
Have they cheated (in the Storm/Bulldogs sense?) I don't think so.

Won't feed the troll but will answer you. Might be under the cap now but only because thay got caught for previous years. Refer back to Storm 2010.

Won't feed the troll but will answer you. Might be under the cap now but only because thay got caught for previous years. Refer back to Storm 2010.
You mean the storm that won a couple of comps (that every commentator still credits them with) by having world class players gifted boats and sign 2 sets of contracts? Yeah, really comparable.

You mean the storm that won a couple of comps (that every commentator still credits them with) by having world class players gifted boats and sign 2 sets of contracts? Yeah, really comparable.

So it's not cheating if you break the rules but still can't win? Seems logical....

This is no surprise really...Eels have promised plenty early most seasons but show their true colours by seasons end .....fighting for their beloved spoon.
Funny thing is their supporters actually rate them a chance....been down this road plenty over the years & does make great entertainment.

So it's not cheating if you break the rules but still can't win? Seems logical....
Name the advantage gained by their salary cap breaches. Cheating by definition implies an unfair advantage. What is the unfair advantage in paying players to play at other clubs? Was the Semi Radradra beat-up cheating? It was approved by the NRL but was still front page news. How about you all wait for the NRL finding before branding Parra guilty?
Anyway, enjoy the loss!

Last edited:
Reading the tele this morning the comment was made that parra's punishment will be given next week and they can forget about playing in the semis this year

Still doesn't punish them enough as they should also operate under a reduced cap next year s that they have to shed players

I think a big factor in all this is that they got fined over $400k last year and "assured" the NRL ( pretty much signed Stat Decs etc ) that they had come clean with all the info.
Now it seems, that is not the case so the dishonesty continues.

As for the advantages gained, would they have signed Jennings if they hadn't signed Beau Scott if they hadn't signed Foran if they hadn't signed Norman if they hadn't let Hayne walk? Not to mention having massively upgrade Semi as well.
Simplistic I know but it's the domino effect that rorting the cap provides, same as the Storm back in 2010, good players and success attract more good players and more success.

Seriously ?

What sort of tosser comes on to another teams forum, starts a thread like this, then goes to his own site, copies and pastes his own post, claiming this was written by a Manly fan ?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/a-silvertail-fan-seems-a-bit-miffed-by-our-win
What sort of tosser? The sort who is so frustrated at the ineptitude and dishonesty in their own clubs administration that they are starting to lose the plot, coming on rival club sites to add further dishonesty. I do feel some sympathy for the poor buggers, but this one is just a troll.

I love the way their management are so unbelievably stupid and their fans even more so.
Match made in heaven.
:h::h::h::h::h:

What sort of tosser? The sort who is so frustrated at the ineptitude and dishonesty in their own clubs administration that they are starting to lose the plot, coming on rival club sites to add further dishonesty. I do feel some sympathy for the poor buggers, but this one is just a troll.

s'funny that that forum has a lot of rules about not trolling and how you'll be banned if you do.

Seems like they can dish out the trolling but.....can't take it.

I used to think it was the same here, but the amount of trolls we get...plus the lack of action to remove them makes me think we don't have those rules or are less liberally applied. Either way...it is what it is

All hail king click bait

They can get flicked at any minute but we try to be patient so far as possible. Should we maybe give this one a Hasson avatar too? Or maybe a nice portrait of the Dalai? Or a paper bag full of cash? Just something to identify clearly where they're coming from...!?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6