Charlie Gubb

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 26876

C'mon manly, let's sign him up. 'The obstruction rule' has posted an article surrounding Gubb, reminding us all that he is still unsigned and somehow without any interest. Gubb is looking for a new club, and we, whether depth or bench, would be perfect for him imo.

I'd love to sign him, just thought he was all but certain to sign with the Cows but that talk has died down into a pile of ashes. Give him a contract manly!

Edit* Ok gone back and watched a few snips of warriors games with him coming off the bench. Although I don't agree that he is average, I reckon he could do some improving. He seems quite limited skill-wise although I still would take a cheap punt at him, I see some benifits to his game and after all if he fails he can just be the new Lewis Brown!!
http://theobstructionrule.com/2017/08/01/gubb-not-getting-much-interest/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to be brutal, Harry, but he's a very average player and we already have enough of those. Pass.
Nah that's fine, we all have opinions. I just like what I've seen enough that I reckon he should be given a chance and he at least could be useful for depth, I just see that (although he hasn't showed much brilliance so far) he could develop really well. I don't know I just have a gut feeling with him

Please god, no no no no no

Gubb is absolutely abysmal, up there with the worst players in the NRL I have ever seen. Hit ups offer nothing and runs around like a blue arse fly looking busy in defence with no effectiveness

The Warriors forward pack is awful, they are losing Matulino, and they still don't want this guy

I'd rather we re sign Gary Winter than this bloke

Please god, no no no no no

Gubb is absolutely abysmal, up there with the worst players in the NRL I have ever seen. Hit ups offer nothing and runs around like a blue arse fly looking busy in defence with no effectiveness

The Warriors forward pack is awful, they are losing Matulino, and they still don't want this guy

I'd rather we re sign Gary Winter than this bloke
Maybe I need glasses, or memory. Perhaps it's because he hasn't played in a few months??? I just have a feeling we need to give him a go, get him cheap and see how he goes from the reserve grade. All the warriors players play under their potential, I just reckon he needs a chance

What a couple of Warriors fans say, is that he only gets noticed because of the hairstyle, without that he would just be a mediocre player that didn't get noticed

From what I've seen of him, is the sort of guy who is good in reserve grade but never at the next level, a bit like Sean Meaney used to be for us

Cecchin and Brown, two names that turn my stomach when listed as taking part in any of our games. Despite this obvious double handicap I can see us winning this one. However my good vibes will become greatly reduced if I see that Lewis Brown starting again in the back row.

He is in the Jarryd Kennedy ballpark of signings; 27-28 year old. A guy that got lucky playing some grade but everyone knows he is lucky and will amount to nothing.

I like that you're out there scouting around looking for potential...the club certainly need to jag a couple of good forwards and who knows, sometimes good ideas are planted on these very forums.

What a couple of Warriors fans say, is that he only gets noticed because of the hairstyle, without that he would just be a mediocre player that didn't get noticed

From what I've seen of him, is the sort of guy who is good in reserve grade but never at the next level, a bit like Sean Meaney used to be for us
From what you are saying .He Sounds like a Lewis Brown

A lot will probably disagree (lol) but for me I would prefer Tim Grant,have seen a few games from him this year and seems to have his mojo back,aggressive,but not over the top any more,is willing and is a leader type player at 28 or so.Might form a good combo with Taupau and he has not picked up his option with the Tigers for next year.As long as the money is right,spots are thin for him next year at Tigers.

A lot will probably disagree (lol) but for me I would prefer Tim Grant,have seen a few games from him this year and seems to have his mojo back,aggressive,but not over the top any more,is willing and is a leader type player at 28 or so.Might form a good combo with Taupau and he has not picked up his option with the Tigers for next year.As long as the money is right,spots are thin for him next year at Tigers.
Good idea, Joe. I really like Tim Grant - have done for a number of years. Made a great Origin debut and then kinda disappeared but has always had good size and aggression. Probably the best option I've heard so far!

I think this prop is off contract next year too, but what has happened to all the young giants we suposedly signed this year ... where the fck are they?

I think this prop is off contract next year too, but what has happened to all the young giants we suposedly signed this year ... where the fck are they?
In rugby league live 3 I used to always buy vete. I remember againsy us last year he came absolutely charging into our forwards. Would probably even prefer him to Gubb although I don't really see a high chance of us actually getting him. He could thrive under a club with a good (cough cough *the best*) culture like us

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7