Charges from Round 25 - Friend gets a week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Manly duo free to play

September 02, 2008 MANLY duo Steve Matai and Glenn Stewart are free to play for the NRL ladder leaders in the final round despite being charged by the match review committee.

Matai and Stewart have both been given grade one careless high tackle charges following the Sea Eagles fiery 28-10 win over Gold Coast at Brookvale Oval.

But early guilty pleas will see both players cleared to play against Penrith, while Matai will be risking a one-match ban if he contests his charge at the NRL judiciary.

Two Titans players were also charged.

Rookie Esi Tonga can escape suspension with an early guilty plea for a dangerous throw charge while hooker Nathan Friend is set to miss the final round clash against the Wests Tigers for his involvement in a second half fight with Sea Eagles prop Josh Perry

That is the best possible outcome for Manly and should serve as a wake up call to Matai. Sucked in to the grub Friend.

I can't work out how Friend's incident is deemed serious enough to get a suspension but not a penalty - please explain?

And how the **** did the refs get it so wrong and penalise us and not the Titans for the Friend incident.

Question - If Matai contests and gets a week, does it clear his carry over points?

Stewart doesn't deserve to have carry over points.  It means any indiscretion in a semi could see him miss a GF.  For what?  They should contest it.

Similarly, contest Matai and have fewer carry over points if we lose.  Lyon can play in the Centres against the Riff.

ConcernedSupporter link said:
ummmmm WTF did Stewart do?

Paralysed Harrison for just long enough for the Video Ref to have a look. Then an act of god had him 100% upon the blowing of the whislte

The Wheel link said:
I can't work out how Friend's incident is deemed serious enough to get a suspension but not a penalty - please explain?

Exactly. All OK now, but if the Titans scored off the penalty and won the game then it would be a travesty.

As Orford was heard to say to the ref, "...and what about the boxing match".

The standard of refereeing is so below par that winning the comp will probably come down to a parcel of 50/50 calls going one way.

It might very well cost a team its season.

Oh, and I wonder if the refs would favour their fellow employees, such as the Storm (100% New Ltd), I wonder....

Nah, that wouldn't happen, business doesn't work that way....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6