Change in attacking structure working for DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
From the last two games I noticed that our attacking structure was vastly different from the first two games and all last season. Primarily, DCE is not primarily leading the forwards around the park anymore. Green seems to have step up and become the early tackle organizer allowing DCE to freelance in the back line.

During both games he was attacking on the left and right and injected himself where he saw an opportunity. I have noticed that Turbo seems to float around behind him waiting and watching then chiming in when DCE attacks. This seems to have worked wonders the last two weeks as Green is able to free DCE up a lot and give him time and space to work in.

What will be interesting is when teams adjust to this and construct a game plan against it whether DCE and Barrett can come up with a way to adjust.

Two games back in form do not mean DCE is back, but he is back playing to his ability. As I said many times before, a player doesn't just forget how to play. Hopefully this new structure lasts and continues to be as effective as it has been.

images.png

From the last two games I noticed that our attacking structure was vastly different from the first two games and all last season. Primarily, DCE is not primarily leading the forwards around the park anymore. Green seems to have step up and become the early tackle organizer allowing DCE to freelance in the back line.

During both games he was attacking on the left and right and injected himself where he saw an opportunity. I have noticed that Turbo seems to float around behind him waiting and watching then chiming in when DCE attacks. This seems to have worked wonders the last two weeks as Green is able to free DCE up a lot and give him time and space to work in.

What will be interesting is when teams adjust to this and construct a game plan against it whether DCE and Barrett can come up with a way to adjust.

Two games back in form do not mean DCE is back, but he is back playing to his ability. As I said many times before, a player doesn't just forget how to play. Hopefully this new structure lasts and continues to be as effective as it has been.
I've noticed DCE playing second receiver more often than not in the last two games. All of what you said tells me that Barrett could turn out to be a good coach after all. Really been impressed with how our wins have come.

Last year we had signs of a good team through some individuals. This year we have the signs of a good team through an impressive game plan where everyone is contributing. A vastly more sustainable performance.

A thing that has really stood out in these last 2 games is the amount of options, with players who are running hard direct lines and pushing up with the footy....that unders line from Kelly for his 2nd try was a bloke not waiting for DCE like most of last season, Kelly like the rest are now attacking that footy with zest.
Even that spectacular try to Turbo....on replay there were 6 Manly players supporting, with only 2 Dogs close by....this is when you win those 1% plays....on the back of attitude and along with the new structures TM pointed out above....this energy is paying dividends.

It's so beautiful to watch our attacking options and the scary thing for the opposition is that it can only get better.

Without getting ahead of myself I think one of the reasons why we have seen an improvement is due to the younger guys willing to put their hands up and giving it a real go and putting pressure on the more experienced campaigners to perform otherwise they could be replaced.

What about our defence for two weeks in a row.

Where did I read that Baz has been working hard on defence?

I like your post but I don't think they are playing under a new structure. I think it's simply that we just didn't have much ball or go forward (mostly self inflicted) during the first two rounds. That has changed in the last two rounds and as a result they have had more ball and more room to execute what they would have liked to have done against parra and Souths.

I like your post but I don't think they are playing under a new structure. I think it's simply that we just didn't have much ball or go forward (mostly self inflicted) during the first two rounds. That has changed in the last two rounds and as a result they have had more ball and more room to execute what they would have liked to have done against parra and Souths.
Yep. The other noticeable difference is that when the team's not defending all the time they tend to give away far less penalties. Who woulda thunk it?

Personally I thought the try allowed to NQ was borderline.

It didn't look like the Shockwig had it fully under control when he grounded it.

Personally I thought the try allowed to NQ was borderline.

It didn't look like the Shockwig had it fully under control when he grounded it.
Agree, but it's pretty much par for the course these days. The Bunker consistently awards tries if there's even a hint of "control". Pinky finger seems to be enough, even if the other three fingers and thumb have dropped it. Hence the oft-repeated (and usually accurate) prediction at my place, "That's not a try but they'll award it."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7