Chairmen likely to move on Grant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

mozgrame

Engorged member
ARLC chairman John Grant is once again under fire.

A year after he survived a push to have him ousted from the role, SMH are reporting that a meeting of NRL chairmen next week will likely once again push for him to be removed.

The issue on this occasion stems from his fight for survival last time. In order to save his own skin, he reportedly agreed to fund the clubs $13 million each, regardless of the size of the salary cap. Now, a year on, the NRL have announced that due to cashflow problems, the clubs are likely to be around $1.5 million short next year.

Read more...http://theobstructionrule.com/2017/05/19/chairmen-likely-to-move-on-grant/

Aaaah , it becomes more clear by the day. When the NRL refer to the games partners its not the clubs they speak of.

I agree footy needs a shove up the arse at the grass roots but where did the extra 24 mill shorfall go. I bet not a cent is going to the grassroots other than was previously budgeted for

The clubs are greedy and short sighted fair enough but they obviously either had the cash at the time or used this as a tactic to get them to sign up again to the NRL at a time when clubs were thinking of ditching the governing body.

Or the just spent it on ****. Maybe they paid off gambling debts , they put the house on parra and then they got done for cheating the cap.

"Show us the monnnney!"
That's what rugby league has become.
If it's not the players it's the clubs crying poor.
We fans? Well, we are the wallets, whether it be paying to actually attend games -- a dying breed -- paying for Foxtel subscriptions or buying merchandise.
But the best things in rugby league are free: such as Silvertails.
Thanks Dan.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8