Central Coast Mariners want to play A-League match out of Brookie Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
THE Central Coast Mariners have held talks with the Manly Sea Eagles to play an A-League match out of Brookvale Oval next season.

However, the rare joining of forces by the two rival codes could lead to much more than just a one-off game.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-central-coast-mariners-want-to-play-an-aleague-match-out-of-brookvale-oval/story-e6frf3ru-1226834677330?from=public_rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Interesting, A-League teams have 13 home games, if they moved 3 games to Brookie, plus Warringah Council sold the naming rights, and we get the proposed $10M upgrade good ol' Tony, we should be playing at Brookie long into the future.

IMO, for the upgrade, if they could:

-add 1,000 seats to the Jane Try Stand
- upgrade the dugout to a more modern facitily
- add another 500-700 seats at the bottom of the F-M Stand.
- increase the size of the hill
- Make the changerooms bigger
- More toilets
- Improve the drainage of the pitch

Then maybe, just maybe we should be allowed to continue at the Fortress!

CCM is struggling for crowd support up there and there is a huge soccer following on the northside that dont want to follow Sydney FC or the Wanderers. It could be a very beneficial partnership between the 2 clubs and we must try to embrace the entire northern Sydney region right up to Swansea.

A partnership between the 2 clubs could work very well. Could offe 10-20% off tickets for Manly members for Mariners games and vice-versa.

If they can't get support up there what makes them think they'll get it in sydney.Are they persuming supporters from sydney fc or the wanderers may jump ship & start supporting the mariners.

I don't think so i know i'll never stop supporting my beloved sydney fc.

They need to change their name and colours. Central Coast Sea Eagles in maroon and white. We need to expand the Sea eagles brand and with 800000 people living north of the harbour to the outskirts of Newcastle we need to embrace the entire territory.

The Mariners got a crowd of over 7,000 for a Tuesday night game at North Sydney, I don't think they will struggle with crowd numbers.

Plenty of soccer people in Sydney not aligned to Sydney FC (city side) or Wanderers (Westies). A better name would be Man(ly) United Red Devils

An A League soccer club has made Kogarah Oval their home track so its not new. Personally I think the more codes that play at Brookie, the more chance there is of getting the upgrades that are needed. Much more political and fan punch. I'm for it.

Plus the new Rugby comp below super 15 where Manly and the Rats team together will also play out of Brookie I understand - looking at a pretty good argument for it becoming a state trust run ground IMO

Can only be a good thing for the development of Brookie and as mentioned if the second tier Northern Suburbs union team play some games out of Brookie, more exposure and more potential funding...
As for whether Sydney can support (only 3?) more games in Sydney I think there is massive untapped support on the Beaches - plenty of people wanting to go to games but can't be arsed for the trip to SFS or out west - sound familiar.....?

CCM are poison at the moment please do not touch them , the owner is getting desperate . Money is a massive issue with them , please stay clear.

The NRL are believed to be supportive of the Sea Eagles campaign to upgrade Brookvale Oval despite a future focus from NRL chief executive Dave Smith to ensure that within the next five years all 16 team’s will be playing the majority of matches out of two to three major stadiums.
First of all Dave Smith can go and get f*****, if he thinks we will all be playing out of three stadiums. Won't happen.
All for the Mariners mob to play out of Brookie.

wombatgc said:
The NRL are believed to be supportive of the Sea Eagles campaign to upgrade Brookvale Oval despite a future focus from NRL chief executive Dave Smith to ensure that within the next five years all 16 team’s will be playing the majority of matches out of two to three major stadiums.
First of all Dave Smith can go and get f*****, if he thinks we will all be playing out of three stadiums. Won't happen.

My 3 stadiums: ANZ, Allianz and Brookie :p

Victory and the Storm both use AAMI Park - although that is a new stadium.
With A-League in summer and NRL and union in winter it makes sense as the asset is being used almost all year round by national televised competitions.

It would be interesting to go to Brookie and boo the home side.

Mariners can eat a bag of wanderers but if Brookie can make money from them, we'll take it.
My only issue is that I don't like this supposed symbiotic relationship between the Northern Beaches and the Central Coast. Call me a snob but it's a bit offensive. It was a bad idea before the Northern Eagles and a worse one now. We are from Sydney. The leafy North of Sydney. Not Blacktown by the sea.

wombatgc said:

I agree.

The three stadia is a ridiculous idea. Unless one of them is Brookvale.

Doesn't the CEO understand the tribalism of this game. After all he has a funny accent from the Old Dart and would understand the same tribalism abounds in English soccer as it does in rugby league.

If Manly aren't playing out of Brookvale they may lose their identity.

Whilst I shudder at the initial thought of letting a gaygame (read: the world game of football) upon the hallowed turf of Brookvale Oval, if a beneficial relationship can be developed whereby Brookvale Oval gains significant improvement, and the Maroon & White / Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Rugby League Brookie identity remains true or flourishes even better, then it's worth considering.

Due care had better be used when even examining such an option with the risk of the gaygame club failing financially etc.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.......

Whatever it takes to keep games at brookie is ok by me *

*don't live in the area so my thoughts on the subject may be oversimplified....
like most of my thoughts.

Would like to get the 10 mill from wing nut and some assurances from pommy assed smith about future directions.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-gold/payto-panda-anzac-day-bledisloe-cup-clash-scuttled-by-new-zealand-rugby-union/story-fndpt9s1-1226839830262

Our best northern beaches snout tell us the combined Warringah, Manly, Norths and Gordon team in the NRC will be known as the North Harbour Rays, resurrecting the name of the old Central Coast Rays, reigning ARC champions from 2007.

The Rays will be coached by Phil Blake and are set to play some games at the league mecca on the insular peninsula — Brookvale Oval.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7