Caught on radar, shooting for the stars

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
In celebration of the demise of the Des Hasler 'under the radar' policy, it is timely to raise a cheeky but totally valid question: are we watching, right here and right now, a Manly side that will in future be seen as part of the greatest era in the famous club's illustrious history?

Read the full article

Great read. I have a feeling that we will go back to back and go down in the history books as one of the great teams. The team play with plenty of passion and commitment, they are miles ahead of any other team.

Oops that article is not by me I need to fix that sorry SER8

No worries Dan, thanks for putting it up, beats me why I couldn't submit it, I even tried it as notepad.

On the topic, while it might sound farfetched, the point is we won't know until it unfolds. But a major achievement is a real possibilty, this team of ours might just be getting better and better.

RE: Caught on radar, shooting for the stars

MPC75 said:
. . . I have a feeling that we will go back to back and go down in the history books as one of the great teams. The team play with plenty of passion and commitment, they are miles ahead of any other team.
What is that distant glow on the horizon? Surely it can’t be … March daydreams coming to life?
7 weeks to go, simply not possible.
And yet … does it feel like something is brewing?
No, it’s ok, I’m just imagining things!

4uzb5h.jpg

I've been pondering this question for most of the season and I think without doubt if this team bags another title then it will be the greatest team of not only Manly's history but in the top 5 of all time greats of all clubs. It is now harder than ever for a club to consistently stay at the top in fact almost impossible.
Look at the super rich clubs Broncos,Dogs,Storm,Dragons,Parra,Warriors they haven't been able to dominate for the period of time we have and we do it making losses and boardroom bitching. The core group of our success Snake,Wolf,Lyon,Matai,Choc,Gift,King,Ballin,Kite,Rose have been here the longest through all our success unlike the Manly teams of the 70's where there was a heavy turnover of core key players between 1968 - 1978.
The greatest teams of alltime the Saints of the 50's followed by Souths the 60's then Parra 80's if we win another title we go above Manly 70's the Raiders of the 90's and Broncos of the 90's as the top teams of all time. We have already surpassed the mid 90's Manly team.

There are plenty who will say it's bad lack/dangerous to indulge in such speculation. I'm imagining looking back at the present from some future time. A champion's qualities are not always fully appreciated until their achievements are digested and put in perspective by the passage of time. Duds or demigods? It is all about to unfold.

Wow. What a great team we follow. I count my blessings that I was born in Manly hospital and not Westmead.:p

Caught on radar, shooting for the stars

Back to back would be something special. Rarefied air these days. We need to stay injury free and have a bit of luck. Having said that there is no team bashing down the door of premiership favoritism. Dogs are probably favs at this stage but I'm confident we have them covered at full strength in finals pressure.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, it would be a special moment in our history and imagine having the chance to witness it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7