Captain/Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
Barrett looks like he could still lace on a boot.

How about throwing himself into 5/8 to partner DCE for the rest of the season?

In all seriousness who was the last Captain/Coach in the ARL?

I'm thinking Wally Lewis at the Goldcoast Seagulls in their first year?

Yes. Lewie Wallis circa 1991. And he was the first in more than a decade.

Fulton was the last C-C of a Sydney-based side, back in 1979. And even then it seemed like an outdated concept.

Yes. Lewie Wallis circa 1991. And he was the first in more than a decade.

Fulton was the last C-C of a Sydney-based side, back in 1979. And even then it seemed like an outdated concept.

It was 1992 actually ;) I remember because the Seagulls played a game in Adelaide at the Thebarton Oval at the end of the season against a South Australian invitation side which included Fatty, Ricky Walford and Jeff Hardy. It was played on the night before the 1992 Australian Grand Prix (Wally Lewis was in the celebrity race.....he won that). I was a ballboy for the game even though I was 17 lol.

Four wins from eleven losses .. I was hoping this was about Lyon becoming coach rather than Barrett lacing up his boots again!

Lets get Cherry to do it and get rid of TBaz altogether. I'm

It was 1992 actually ;) I remember because the Seagulls played a game in Adelaide at the Thebarton Oval at the end of the season against a South Australian invitation side which included Fatty, Ricky Walford and Jeff Hardy. It was played on the night before the 1992 Australian Grand Prix (Wally Lewis was in the celebrity race.....he won that). I was a ballboy for the game even though I was 17 lol.
I did say 'circa 1991.' Look it up if you're unsure of the meaning.

I would think there are quite a few words beginning with C other than captain and coach that Farrah and Taylor would use to describe each other..

Out of respect for the ladies. I shall not mention it.

In 1968, at age 20, Bob Fulton captain-coached City against Country!
Captain coach is an outdated concept, but even so this is remarkable, can anyone explain it?
(Young Bozo also led Manly in the 13-9 grand final loss to Souths that year.)

fulton-1968.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4