Can't Wait for the trials

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
I am sure this was from a trial game.

EPSON119.JPG

Have mentioned before, wonder what might have been for his future with the club had Darcy Lussick not injured himself badly in that trial game a year ago (that he had the honour of captaining the side in).

Still, trials are a necessary evil, and I've noticed losses have never really reflected the fortune of Manly's coming season (with that possible exception when Easts smashed us and Pearce supposedly told mate Foran that we had no chance that year).

The trials are important for the new players. They are an opportunity to impress and to start developing combinations. The risk of injury is unavoidable and is present every game. Fingers crossed.

Yes but the trials are also undertaken when they are 90% ready not 100%, so the chance for injury is way higher.

Under Des, we hardly ever won a trial but were successful in the season so I hope that trend continues.

Mind you, when we play our trials I’ll be hoping we win but if we do lose I’ll say to my friends, I’m glad we lost! :giggle:

Odds are we will suffer at least one serious injury at training .... can't cotton wool them ....
Good point . Trials and Training runs are essential and sht happens . It is the luck of the draw . I am looking forward to seeing new players and different combinations .

Much rather the team has some practice and Des gets a chance to check the motor and form of some of the newbies under proper match conditions . As for potential injuries, all clubs are in the same boat and it's really a necessary unavoidable risk that has to be taken..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2