Can't wait for 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NZEaglesFan

Reserve Grader
I just want to say that I am so F%&king excited for our club and bring on 2019. The boys (Des & Co) are back and the rest of the league better watch out!!

We have a good mix of stars (Turbo Brothers, DCE, Walker, Taupau, AFB) and a mix of proven performers such as Api, Thompson, Sironen (if he remains injury free), Taufua. Throw into the mix players I think will have a good year (Paseka, Sipley, Tanginoa, Fainu, Elgey and Funa) I think we will surprise a lot of teams. Under Des, we will play for the full 80 and if we do this, we will win more than we lose otherwise Penn had better get a handyman on board as well to fix all the door hinges after the game.

Just watching the training videos, I just can’t wait for the season to start. Unfortunately living in Auckland, I do not get the chance to see the team live but I watch them play on TV and I make sure the whole neighbourhood knows when we score a try or when the ref does not keep the opposition back 10

Just the prospect of the team turning up with a good, hard attitude has me excited!

If the team’s attitude is fixed, the results will flow because, as you point out, there is some serious talent in this team. That is, of course, assuming that Taupau doesn’t go to the Roosters, Walker doesn’t go to the Tigers, AFB doesn’t go to the Knights, DCE doesn’t go to the Broncos and the Turbos don’t sit out 2019 in solidarity with Trent.

I can wait. The off-season brings its own benefits, most importantly not having to stress watching Manly in a close tussle. Can be downright painful.
Or even better, not having to get through the week of disappointment and recriminations that follows another loss.

Though now I think of it, I admit we’ve had some shocking off-seasons over the years.

But this one shapes as a classic - we can look forward to improvement, indeed expect it, and with justifiable confidence.

If all we get in 2019 is the team showing ticker , and not throwing games away I’ll be happy.

I’m sure with a full cap, and a year under his belt seeing what they can do ( or can’t and thus be released ) that our coach will be far better positioned for 2020.

Reading various articles from players, they all seem super impressed with Des and his knowledge and amount of work he does. They are all saying how much they are learning from him. Throw into the mix Donny Singe and his training, I am sure we will surprise a few people this year.

I do not think we will fail under Dessie’s watch and I am sure he will find player to cover our outside back stock.

There is good reason for excitement, the start is a coach who has Massive expectations....
Often this in life in general is annoying, due to the fact those who raise the bar and scream instruction, never go close to meeting these lofty expectations themselves - that my friends, is a fraud.
Des is the opposite - everything he cries out for is met with his private laboratory of 24/7 studies and the desire in his approach to the players in the dressing shed and trainng seem contagious.....and there's no fluke that with improved Attitude, are improved results.
Also keen to see this young team grow with belief and rookies like Hoppa and a few other sneakies, with Massive potential who will become household names over the next season or 2.....also hope Elgey and 1 or 2 other signings shine like Waddell and Garrick.....then throw in - "Who the F*** is the Pommie signing joining early/start of season ???

I look forward to season 2019 because it is the season of change that was needed
Change brings new opportunities and HOPE !
download.png

I'll be happy next season, as my expectations are super low given that intrepid backline, and depth.

I'll be happy next season, as my expectations are super low given that intrepid backline, and depth.

I have heard that Suli and the rest of the backline are practicing a special try celebration for in front of the Ken Arthurson stand .. @:D

While super excited I think there may be frustrating times during our recovery.

Don't underestimate the scale off the rebuild Des has on his hands. The majority of this team is still the same side that has underperformed for so long.

While the Manly blood is pumping again it will take time. As long as I see improvement then I will be happy. As my life long hero Kevin Costner once said 'if you build it they will come' Des will build it and we will come.....

The only concern I still have is that we could potentially lose a few players to ACL injuries from the crappy brookie surface and with them any hope of doing well this season.

i don't expect much in the first few rounds, it will take some time for this new outfit and coaching staff to get things together. it is the next few years and some astute recruitment that i am more excited about.

I enjoy the off season these days because I can feel optimism without deluding myself too much, can think of the new guys and what they potentially could do, have hopes that they are finals bound etc. Its the actual season that gives me heartburn and suicidal thoughts
Based on that after last season I am surprised your still with us

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8