Canberra Raiders v Manly Sea Eagles [Round 24 2013]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Canberra Raiders v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Canberra Stadium, Bruce ACT, Sunday 25 August 2013
NRL kickoff 2:00pm
Live TV: FOX Sports 1

Match Officials : Ben Cummins and Chris James;
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Luke Potter;
Video Referees: Gavin Badger and Reece Williams

CAN-LUteams.png

Raiders
1 Reece Robinson
2 Sandor Earl
3 Jarrod Croker
4 Bill Tupou
5 Sami Sauiluma
6 Anthony Milford
7 Josh McCrone (c)
8 David Shillington (c)
9 Shaun Berrigan
10 Brett White (c)
11 Josh Papalii
12 Joel Thompson
13 Paul Vaughan

Interchange
14 Glen Buttriss
15 Joel Edwards
16 Dane Tilse
17 Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
18 Sam Williams

Coach: Andrew Dunemann

MAN-LUteams.png

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Brenton Lawrence
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Justin Horo
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Richie Fa'aoso
15 Jamie Buhrer
16 David Gower
17 George Rose
18 James Hasson

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Official Match Hashtag: #NRLcanman

@Berkeley_Eagle make sure you put [Round x 201x] in the title otherwise the system doesn't know what to grab :)

The match officials appointed to this game will be more closely scrutinised that the team sheets!

I'm quite confident we'll beat Canberra. I know we haven't played in Canberra for a while, but unless I'm mistaken we have a good record there. I've watched them win a couple.
Am I right?

Talkin' Teams: I'm hearing Anthony Watmough has been named in the Manly team despite a knee injury.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/talkin-teams-tuesday-august-20-20130820-2s8kk.html#ixzz2cU3eSSt4

Manly team added

The Who said:
I'm quite confident we'll beat Canberra. I know we haven't played in Canberra for a while, but unless I'm mistaken we have a good record there. I've watched them win a couple.
Am I right?

I certainly remember us winning down there in 2008 with Cuthbertson sent off early in the 2nd half, 31-18 from memory. Matai scored a ripper with 2 huge steps and Beaver sealed it late

Anyone know the progress of Tom Symonds? I thought he was supposed to be back this week.
I guess these team sheets are only for guidance. There always seems to be changes.

Glad we are playing this in the sunshine early in the arvo. Would be difficult on Saturday night.

Kiwi Eagle said:
The Who said:
Am I right?

I certainly remember us winning down there in 2008 with Cuthbertson sent off early in the 2nd half, 31-18 from memory. Matai scored a ripper with 2 huge steps and Beaver sealed it late

Date
Friday, May 30th, 2008
Kick Off
7:45 PM (local time)
Referee
Sean Hampstead
Venue
Bruce Stadium (Canberra)
Crowd

24fe5ad.jpg

We also beat them in a Sunday afternoon match. Possibly 2007. It was a high scoring game. Carney cut us up early but we ended up storming home.

The Who said:
We also beat them in a Sunday afternoon match. Possibly 2007. It was a high scoring game. Carney cut us up early but we ended up storming home.

this one > http://rlp.tc/m7249

We have to beat Cummins as well. He's a Manly hater (but aren't they all). It seems such a pity that one has to take into account the referees when discussing the teams.

at the beginning of the season I checked who was reffing us before who was in the team

now all the refs are so bad it isn't even worth checking on them anymore

we will get shafted that is the only consistent thing

we just have to play much better then canberra so that the refs cannot decide the game, if it is a close game the refs will turn up the rubbish and try as hard as possible to have us lose

if we get rubbish video ref call, I hope badger's wife makes him sleep in the spare bedroom

Word is that David Furner has been sacked this afternoon. What normally happens the next game after a coach is sacked ?? I hope not.

The Insomniac said:
Word is that David Furner has been sacked this afternoon. What normally happens the next game after a coach is sacked ?? I hope not.

No way it will happen like that. David Furners brother is the CEO and his "God Father" is the Chairman of the Board. He will not be put in that position.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2