Can we win this comp without another BIG front rower ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Look, i dont know the answer, and i'm not panicking. But twice now our forward pack has been out gunned by Dogs, Wabbits. I just pose the question.

Out gunned, or out enthused ? Cause if its the latter, we can do something about it, starting next weekend. But maybe, size Does matter - most chicks think so.

Our forwards with the exception of Watmough struggled to get to even reach 80m gained. We had little to no impact from the bench tonight with matai off early and JSL not able to show much in attack because he had to make 30+ tackles.

You cant win games when you cough up the ball like that. We just fed the Vermins strength.

The way to beat them is do through the middle before going out wide. Not enough ball tonight.

Our pack has us in first place and a decent number of scalps on our belt. No need for panic at this point. Tonight was a blip on the radar. Outenthused and poor execution...not lack of ability or toughness.

Chip and Chase said:
Our pack has us in first place and a decent number of scalps on our belt. No need for panic at this point. Tonight was a blip on the radar. Outenthused and poor execution...not lack of ability or toughness.

Precisely.

They had far more to play for and whether we like it or not, that does play a role mentally.

As I said, when we have to win we're a lot better.

As it stands we're still first on the ladder.

I can't wait 'til September now, too!

i seem to remember us beating both the dogs and souths this year so find this thread rather stupid.

more than twice this year the dogs and souths packs have been out guunned so i guess they are no chance either without another front rower....

Manly will take a lot out of last night's game.

The video sessions will be scrutinized I'm sure. Brains v Brawn :idea:

Smarter play and not getting suckered into fights, ala Killer and Keary would work :cool:

Crowd: 27,062.

Our execution was way off. If Buhrer holds onto the ball when he was over the line I think that would have changed the momentum, but he drops it and souths score at the other end.

I'm not too concerned, Toov's is not going to show his cards in a comp game when we are leading the comp by 4 points. Souths can't play any better than what they did. They also choke under pressure, so I am not too concerned about that loss. I am concerned about losing Matai for an extended period of time though.

I think it all comes down to Matai. He's a massive defender in big moments and massive metre eater. Take that out and you lose one side in attack, a bench interchange player, and a hell of a lot of defence for 74 minutes of the game. The role of Matai means we've not had to have the cloned forward pack that the like of the rabbits and the bulldogs favour.

MPC75 said:
Our execution was way off. If Buhrer holds onto the ball when he was over the line I think that would have changed the momentum, but he drops it and souths score at the other end.

I'm not too concerned, Toov's is not going to show his cards in a comp game when we are leading the comp by 4 points. Souths can't play any better than what they did. They also choke under pressure, so I am not too concerned about that loss. I am concerned about losing Matai for an extended period of time though.
I'm not too concerned either. Let the bunnies have their moment and carry the heightened expectations for a while.

Souths also face a potentially big problem, namely what to do with their bra boy captain. He weakens their team when played as a forward.

We have a demonstrated history of winning big games against bigger packs. Our pack just needs to not turn over possession and be more aggressive, which they didn't do last night.

Chip and Chase said:
Also there were reports of a bug going through the team, Forans leftovers perhaps. If you are even 10% down against a quality side it makes the job a lot tougher.

Epa is in the run on side for NSW Cup today.

Would love to see him on the bench against the Titans. Smashing the Coaltrain would be a great test of his fitness :)

Rd 25 and 26 have the Dogs,Scumos,Rorters and Rabbids up against each other :D

Utility Player said:
Chip and Chase said:
Also there were reports of a bug going through the team, Forans leftovers perhaps. If you are even 10% down against a quality side it makes the job a lot tougher.
Yeah, i heard a number of players didn't train this week as the flu went through the team.

Not sure if the flu was to blame for the outcome. I thought Lawrence and kingy went missing in the middle . Uncharacteristic errors from some of our inform players , I think the boys will be embarrassed with there efforts lastnight and come back with vengeance. I hope skivvys ok I dont think we can go all the way without him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4