• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Is anyone else tiring of this whiny biatch of a man?

I was all for him at the start of the tour and then he had a couple of minor dummy spits which made me think twice.

After his poor attempt at the olympics (claiming his ACL is torn, could you even ride a bike with a torn ACL?) I just reckon he is an A grade whinger. If you are injured, pull out. Dont use it as an excuse after the event.

It's like tennis players who when they are a set or 2 down get injured (happens very often), then they are commended for their bravery for fighting on only to blame their injury at the end of the match for losing, when its clear they were getting their pants pulled down to start with.

Its just give me the ****s. 

i hate Cadel - his attitude really stinks. I like to live in a dream world where all successful aussies are modest and humble. This guys is a complete c*ck smoker

I can't be hard on him. Showed incredible guts in shocking situation. He had to take on a team of champions and only just lost the Tour. Rode for his Aussie mate the other day.

I have a lot of respect for Cadel.  You can ride a bike with a ruptured ACL - I did so and his supporting muscle mass would be far greater than mine.  The aCL affects sideways stability - not an issue when clipped into pedals.  But the actual rupture would have caused a hell of a lot of swelling and pain for at least 2 weeks.

He road the road race for the team - not for himself and he nearly managed to get Rogers into the medals.

He also has opinions on the world beyond cycling and he his not afraid to speak his mind on issues in cycling and beyond.  He was diplomatic when badgered about drug cheats on the Tour without pulling punches.  Far rather Cadel Evans with an articulate opinion (same goes for Stuart McGill) then the boring automotons sprouting cliches.

He has endured some huge dissapointments, particularly finishing 26seconds behind a guy with a huge drug question mark over him (Contadore).

I thought the interviews with Leisel Jones after her win were far more embarrasing and mawkish.  All the psycho babble about HER journey, HER growing and personal development.  Me, me, me.  Yuck. 

He does have a touch of the MacGill's about him. I don't know about Evans, he is a strange rooster that's for sure. Did well in this years tour with very little support from his team, so you have to admire him for that.

McGill was just too intelligent to truly fit into the deadhead Cold Chisel listening culcha of the Strine cricket team.  Maybe Evans is likewise.

I was pondering the Australian psyche today.  Craig Stevens is seen as a "good bloke" but in the 1500M last night he was embarrassing - a waste of a plane ticket.  And he has been that way at every major meet for the past 4 years.  The only reason the bloke has a profile is because a champion fell off the blocks. 

Yet Stevens is perhaps held with more affection than Thorpe or Hackett - despite being a poster boy for abject mediocrity.  On the other hand Hackett ws brilliant last night.  I really hope he gets the gold tomorrow, particularly after the way he was savaged for being "fat" after the open water swim a few months back.  Bizarre.

Phelps is an insight into the American mindset.  Apparently his efforts are not being greatly celebrated State side and it's possible he's better known in Australia than at home.  Thought he tries hard to be one, swimming is not the sport for breast beating, jitterbugging lairs that the Americans seem to value so highly in their champions.

I heard Phelps interviewed today and he is an absolute tosser. If only he had the class and charisma of Thorpe or Hackett he would be held in higher esteem. He can swim but did not show well on telly.

The bloke is transparently full of himself and certainly lacks the class of Spitz.  Here's the the Aussie 4x100 Medley relay team and a gold medal to deny Phelps the record.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/aussie-updates/cadel-evans-blasts-china-and-made-for-tv-games/2008/08/21/1219262404441.html

Matabele link said:
Phelps is an insight into the American mindset.  Apparently his efforts are not being greatly celebrated State side and it's possible he's better known in Australia than at home. 

Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.

My sister lives in new York and I was talking to them during the week. The US media have done nothing but show Phelps and to suggest he is better known here than in the States is laughable.

In regard to his attitude, I hate Yanks just as much as the next bloke but from what I have seen and heard, he is not a typical loud mouth yank.

The Aussie swimmers who have been asked have all said he is a very humble guy. Similarly my sis and bro in law have said from all the interviews they have seen he is a genuine, young man.

I would agree with you too Doug having been watching US TV myself, but obviously Mata must know better based on whatever was on Today Tonight

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7