Cade Cust into the 30?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Played off the bench in the ISP last week and starting at halfback in the ISP this week.Wondering if they are looking at promoting him into the 30 man squad in the coming weeks(depending on how he goes at ISP level).Good left foot kicking game(particularly short game),could work down the left and would probably be a good complement for DCE(better than Croker).Good vision,smart,good passing game,solid defender,good runner,interesting to see how he goes at ISP this week,although the forwards might be a bit average this week....

Though it was only the Holden Cup G/F last year, I didnt realise how talented young Cust is. A bit small but he seems tough enough and did wonders taking advantage of the extra attention Tom Wright was getting. Yes, I can see the value is trying him out. I thought Manly had given him a miss after they bought Metcalfe, but it seems he is still on the books and drawing attention to hmself. Certainly his style of play is a step up from Walker and Croker. Just wonder if the step up into the big boys teams will offer the likelihood of using him as 5/8 or half later this year. Good point Smokin' but we come to expect that from you Joe.

Played off the bench in the ISP last week and starting at halfback in the ISP this week.Wondering if they are looking at promoting him into the 30 man squad in the coming weeks(depending on how he goes at ISP level).Good left foot kicking game(particularly short game),could work down the left and would probably be a good complement for DCE(better than Croker).Good vision,smart,good passing game,solid defender,good runner,interesting to see how he goes at ISP this week,although the forwards might be a bit average this week....

Yeah Joe, the same thought entered my noggin .... wanted to see how he went against grown-ups .... watch this space.

Manly are probably just biding some time before the June 30 th deadline to see what or if any outside club players may come onto the radar . Cust may be able to make some better progress with some more time playing at the I S P level, , just have to wait and see i guess . Metcafe was the one with some real footy ability and speed but seems to have some other deficiencies as well unfortunately . Both should still get some more opportunities to show if they can manage to play at a higher level . Top 30 spot for Cust at this stage , probably unlikely .

Now this is a positive, foward thinking step.

Well done coaching staff, more of it please.

Metcalfe is fast but looks very small, still a kid.
He's still just 18 so should qualify for Flegg next year as well. Metcalf + Cust may just be the future but given our halves predicament I wouldn't be surprised seeing Cust pulled up to FG. Will be interesting to see how he copes against men in reserves. If he defends anywhere near as well as Croker and given his potential, could well be the answer to our problems.

Both Cust and Metcalf seem to be smaller blokes, could go well when the interchange is restricted to 6 with some tired forwards around.

Both Cust and Metcalf seem to be smaller blokes, could go well when the interchange is restricted to 6 with some tired forwards around.
Slightly off thread topic but I’m looking forward to seeing api when we go to 6. So elusive around the markers. Tired forwards will struggle when he ducks under

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Where has Jersey Flegg disappeared to?
Is it over or in some form of hiatus??

Dylan Kelly from Burleigh Bears has sign with Manly immediately to start off with Blacktown
Interesting. Does anyone know how he goes and what his best positions are? Also is it a Manly signing or a Blacktown one?

I have a feeling if those young guns don’t get a start they will somewhere else in 2019.

Probably at the Roosters , who are able to afford not 30 but 60 players!!

What about Tamare Martin. He is off the bench at the moment for the cowgirls. Get him by June 30.

Very talented player - but is he enough of an organiser?
I think he is biding his time until Thurston retires at the end of the year, unfortunately.

Interesting. Does anyone know how he goes and what his best positions are? Also is it a Manly signing or a Blacktown one?
He is a second rower from the central coast,he played reserve grade with us a little while ago and moved to Burleigh to see how it would go.More of a ball player,looks more likely a Workers signing than a guy for top 30(but don't know for sure)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6