But **** they can tackle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Got to give it to those St George boys; excellent defence.  If you've got that right, the rest will come.

They make very few mistakes coming out of their own half, play for territory and defend well.

Re: But s**t they can tackle

But they choke when the real pressure comes on at semi final time. 

That defence was **** hot tonight, if we can replicate some of that 2nd half stuff against the Warriors on Saturday night we will score 4-5 tries

Their line speed was incredible and straight everytime. I mentioned it to my mate in the first half. That is the kind of defensive that we had in 2008

We gifted them 3 tries with Z grade errors and Harrigan gave them the Gasnier joke of the year try. I'm not saying we should've won because we were ****house. They defended well we didn't but if anyone thinks Saints are past the post then no way. They can be beaten it's just we won't be the ones to do it serving up our continual level of mistake filled crap.

tookey link said:
But at least they get to the semi's. Dread the thought we mightn't even get there...

ALinda link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=184681.msg284975#msg284975 date=1281956736]
But at least they get to the semi's. Dread the thought we mightn't even get there...
[/quote]

Hey, at least Lowey gets to put that on his resume as a first year CEO, as well as losing us our major sponsor....

There ARE some positives in all of this ;)

Just joking guys - lighten up everyone, we were down Brett Stewart, David Williams, Ben Farrar, Will Hopoate, Josh Perry, Dean Whare.....yet Dragons were down Hornby, and that's all they could bleat about.

Just joking guys - lighten up everyone, we were down Brett Stewart, David Williams, Ben Farrar, Will Hopoate, Josh Perry, Dean Whare.....yet Dragons were down Hornby, and that's all they could bleat about.
[/quote]
That's true, I admire your optimism!

You need an X factor to beat the Drags defence, like Hayne did last year. We don't have it. If we're any chance to win the comp this year, we'd need a team like the Tigers to turn it on in the Prelim with Farah and Marshall pulling **** out, which they're capable of.

The chokers are looking clear premiership favourites for mine.

Their defence tonight was outstanding. It felt like they had about 5 more players than us out there.

A year has to come around eventually when they don't choke.... but geez I hate Soward!!!

Credit where credit's due.
We weren't bad, they were really good.
I saw it at the ground & forgot to tape it, so I don't have the TV perspective, but live, I just remember starting to yell "chuck it......................." and then I realised, even from an elevated, end on perspective, there were no gaps in Saints defence. They're awesome. If they don't win the comp this year, it's the choke of all chokes. Their d is amazing, their attack comes off the frustration it causes.

castle eagle link said:
any-one else notice soward trip matai on the play beau scott scored from?

Gee, I thought that I was the only one who saw that. He definitely stuck his leg out to stop Matai from getting to the ball which allowed them to get the ball then to race away to score.

Duff link said:
Credit where credit's due.
We weren't bad, they were really good.
I saw it at the ground & forgot to tape it, so I don't have the TV perspective, but live, I just remember starting to yell \"chuck it.......................\" and then I realised, even from an elevated, end on perspective, there were no gaps in Saints defence. They're awesome. If they don't win the comp this year, it's the choke of all chokes. Their d is amazing, their attack comes off the frustration it causes.

This is right.  I think it probably wasn't as obvious for those who saw it on TV, who might have been thinking our attack was crap because we couldn't find the gaps.  The fact is - there were no gaps.

I was much more disappointed with the loss to Newcastle than this one.  Sure we made a few dumb mistakes - but in my view the Dragons won it more than we lost it.

Newcastle played almost the perfect game, probably the best of their year, and Mullins had a blinder especially with the boot. Last night the Dragsters turned in a solid effort of no gaps and it was easy to see how they controlled the flow.

Our kick game is poor and puts little pressure on. In attack we ran good angles about 4 times and the rest was pretty ordinary. We need to improve wrapping the player up with the ball.

If we meet them again I saw enough to say we could take them. We had a complete reshuffle and they were missing just Hornby, but Fien as a replacement is always a tough competitor. Matai owned Gaz. There were times when we looked like the attacking unit of old and stretched them. It was a huge clash in the forwards and we held our own.

We are one of the few teams suited to finals footie. Hopefully Hoppa will be back. The corrections we need are all fixable imo if the players can come up with the right attitude.

The Warriors have got it together and this weekend will be a huge test, but I haven't lost all hope yet.

FARK the dragqueens.....theyve won the minor premiership even earlier than last year ? ..this will be a bigger choke than 2009....all the ingedients are there...and their closest opposition are who? panthers and tigpies - lol....saying that , if our guys cant knock over 2 out of their next 3  , then do we deserve to be there come semis time  ??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4