Bulls set to offer Beaver more super

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
Bulls set to offer Beaver more super
sportRugby League03 Feb 09 @ 03:48pm by JASON AVEDISSIAN
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/bulls-set-to-offer-beaver-more-super/

BRADFORD coach Steve McNamara is prepared to extend the career of Manly great Steve Menzies who appears headed for an extra year in the English Super League.

The 35-year-old Sea Eagles two-time premiership winner is gearing for his debut in the English game on Sunday.

Menzies will mark his maiden appearance against ex-Manly teammate Luke Williamson when the Bulls play Harlequins in London.

But on the eve of the match, McNamara has strongly hinted he’s ready to give Menzies another season in the Bulls’ kit.

“When you look at your recruits, whether they’re from here or overseas, you are looking at their contribution to the whole organisation and Steve is outstanding in a lot of areas for us,” McNamara said this week.

“A 12-month deal suits both parties but there are no signs of him creaking at this moment in time.

“He’ll be judged on his performances throughout the year and I’m sure we will sit down at some time and talk about where he goes next in his career.”

Menzies appears to have settled in to his new lifestyle away from the beaches.

The head-geared former Australian and NSW backrower even suggested he wished he had made the tough decision to move to England a little sooner.

“It opens your eyes a little when you’ve been in your comfort zone,” Menzies said.

“I went back home for Christmas and found myself looking forward to coming back over here. A little part of me wishes I’d come three years earlier so I could have played a little bit longer. But, saying that, I wouldn’t have been able to experience what I did last year.”

That, of course, was an unforgettable premiership thrashing over arch rivals Melbourne on the final day of last year’s NRL Centenary season.

“I still look back now and can’t believe it,” Menzies said of finishing his career by equalling Terry Lamb’s record of 349 first grade games.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6