Buhrer tackle = full joke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That Baz is a good question, but the boys in Pink saw nothing wrong......they must need Specsavers

I think the mrc look at any tackle if a player is hurt.

So I guess we'll wait and see.

Or we already know the decision, I reckon.

Gallen on report for a crusher tackle which was nowhere near as bad as what Hoffman did to Buhrer.

No doubt if it was Matai that did a tackle like that it would be front page of the DailyTrash

It wasn't Hoffman. The player with the legs has control of a spear tackle. All Hoffman did was try and force him on to his back. It's the player who picks the legs up who is at fault.

The Buhrer tackle will go unpunished. I'm more concerned that they will go after Horo for knees now that the scum player has been confirmed injured.

The Buhrer tackle was a deliberate tactic to hurt by 1 tackler twisting the upper part of a player 1 way and the other tackler twisting the lower part of the player the other way. It was meant to maime and it did just like diving at knees or twisting legs and ankles.

I was also puzzled by the lack of penalty, it was clear at the ground that he went past horizontal

can only assume it was the manly factor.

on the horo tackle i thought slater made contact as well by landing on the other guys head and most likely caused the injury

I will have to disagree with you guys on this. Just seemed to be an unfortunate tackle with two players trying to achieve different aims. Didn't think it warranted a penalty.

Will the MRC answer the key questions relevant to guilt and severity:
1. Were Buhrer's legs raised above the horizontal?
2. Was he pushed downwards with force?
3. Did his head contact the ground as a result? With force?
4. Did injury result? Serious injury?

If so, then this tackle was far, far worse than the tackles on Inglis that put Fa'aoso out for months. If there are no consequences then the system is a farce.

The Horo contact is an entirely different matter. Accident, pure and simple. It was two players challenging for a loose ball, with eyes only for the ball, sliding in from a distance, and colliding.

Sorry but i have to disagree with mwse. but i think you need to go and see specsavers and maybe you should go and support the storm you are no manly supporter in my opion

mickqld said:
The Buhrer tackle was a deliberate tactic to hurt by 1 tackler twisting the upper part of a player 1 way and the other tackler twisting the lower part of the player the other way. It was meant to maime and it did just like diving at knees or twisting legs and ankles.
Haven't had a proper look at it, not sure if it was a tactic or not?
Anyhow, they don't normally ban tackles unless they have got a name. Maybe we could dub it the Corkscrew?

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
SeaEagleRock8 said:
mickqld said:
Haven't had a proper look at it, not sure if it was a tactic or not?
Anyhow, they don't normally ban tackles unless they have got a name. Maybe we could dub it the Corkscrew?
Corkscrews concentrate energy in one direction only, how about the double helix, or the ratchet?

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
sweetest g said:
Sorry but i have to disagree with mwse. but i think you need to go and see specsavers and maybe you should go and support the storm you are no manly supporter in my opion

**** post noob

Penalty at best. Sure it Looked bad and he was injured as a result but to think 2 players got together and tried to hurt a players is bull****.

Hoffman was trying to wrestle him onto his back and Hinchcliffe (i think) was trying to stop his forward movement by getting his legs off the ground.

Anyone who thinks it was more than that has dead lost touch with reality.

I think Hoffmans final effort had intent, there was a definite driving of Buhrer into the ground that could have been avoided. I think it's worthy of review.

MWSE said:
I will have to disagree with you guys on this. Just seemed to be an unfortunate tackle with two players trying to achieve different aims. Didn't think it warranted a penalty.

Agreed. I think if we were penalised for a similar tackle plenty on here would be screaming conspiracy theories.

sweetest g said:

Thanks for the constructive response G. Lucky I always stay ahead of the curve and have my eyes tested regularly. They are fine, but I do appreciate your concern.

I thought it was a driving tackle with the clear intent to injure, as are cannonball, crusher and head slams. This sort of unnecessary behaviour brings the game into disrepute. It wasnt a normal tackle, there was clear intent to twist the torso by two players and drive the guys shoulder into the ground with force. It should be looked at, and if let go, then all players should, in future, drive the tackled player into the turf with as much force as Hoffman did. I don't buy the excuse that Hoffman was attempting to turn the player onto his back. He was clearly driving Burher's shoulder into the ground. It was not accidental.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6