Buhrer should start in T-Rex's absence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can anyone tell me why this isn't happening?! All I could think of on Friday night while the Dogs were laying all that pressure on us in the first 15 min was get Buhrer on the field! He should be playing 80 minutes while T-Rex is out imo.

When he develops a few more kilos maybe. he's good enough but a little light for a backrow spot.

I don't think your on your own with this line of thinking. The only reason I can fathom it is they just want Harrison for his extra size in the early exchanges. He really isn't offering much more than that.

Would you have honestly played the game any different to how it was played?

We won so whatever happened worked.

The only thing that was odd was interchanging Pappa 3 minutes after half time. He was one of our best out there and should have stayed on

Daniel said:
Would you have honestly played the game any different to how it was played?

Umm..yes? I thought we lifted when he came on. I would have liked that intensity from the get-go, not until after we had turned in that terrible opening 10-15 minutes.

I would rather joe myself he is so underrated and really bends the line.

Bruher reminds me of Glenn Stewart before 2007 has the skills just lacks size ATM. I think we will see his best once he has another off season or 2

Glenn Stewart was back and that's most likely why Burher didn't start. He plays a similar game to Glenn so I can understand why he did not start.

Rodo said:
Glenn Stewart was back and that's most likely why Burher didn't start. He plays a similar game to Glenn so I can understand why he did not start.
MAtie are you saying gifty was a back ?
Because that's wrong he was a back rower.

Cameron said:
MAtie are you saying gifty was a back ?
Because that's wrong he was a back rower.

No. Sure Glenn's a back rower and he was 'back' from injury for the game. Both him and Burher play a similar type of game and that's why I think Burher did not start the game.

In my team Joe G starts because he is a meter eater and tackling machine. He was just about our best last year and he played in Kings spot. Sorry Ferris.

Buhrer isn't the type of player that you want starting a game, he's not even a player you want going for 80min week in week out in an ideal scenario.

He's good at what he does, but with his size he'll get worn down if he gets chucked up against massive blokes constantly & then you'll all be whinging that he's not good enough anymore.

I thought Harrison played well for Manly against the Dogs. More game time has given him more confidence and it is beginning to show. Harrison is also better at no. 12 than lock, where he was previously filling in for Gift.

Eaglette Fan said:
I thought Harrison played well for Manly against the Dogs. More game time has given him more confidence and it is beginning to show. Harrison is also better at no. 12 than lock, where he was previously filling in for Gift.

Really? I've been generally underwhelmed by what Harrison has been doing. He seems to have a couple of charges in him early but then spends most of the time on the bench. Its like the reverse sub of what Des used to do with our 17th man last year.

The problem for Ferris is when Trex comes back all our backrowers are 80 minute players. Thats when he normally sees very little game time and is wasted IMO.

Thats where Tooves should give Ballin a spell and give Ferris more game time.

Just because won won doesnt mean it works !

Harrison hasnt shown anything special, Buhrer should have started. And played the whole 80, hes almost a clone of Glenn just smaller, imagine Glenn on the right side and buhrer on the left, both ball playing back rowers.

bennyeagle said:

Harrison hasnt shown anything special, Buhrer should have started. And played the whole 80, hes almost a clone of Glenn just smaller, imagine Glenn on the right side and buhrer on the left, both ball playing back rowers.

No way in hell should Buhrer be playing 80 unless we get hit by a massive injury crisis. You don't take a player like him & run him until the wheels come off, you just wont get bang for your buck that way.

I wouldn't even like to see him on the field for the first 15 or so when all of the larger players are on the field, fresh & fired up. It'll just wear him down & it's unecessary to expose him to it.

Don't see the Burher = G.Stewart comparison either. Buhrer is at his best in space where he can use his agility & sharp line running to create opportunities on the edges of the ruck.

Wolfpack said:
bennyeagle said:

No way in hell should Buhrer be playing 80 unless we get hit by a massive injury crisis. You don't take a player like him & run him until the wheels come off, you just wont get bang for your buck that way.

I wouldn't even like to see him on the field for the first 15 or so when all of the larger players are on the field, fresh & fired up. It'll just wear him down & it's unecessary to expose him to it.

Don't see the Burher = G.Stewart comparison either. Buhrer is at his best in space where he can use his agility & sharp line running to create opportunities on the edges of the ruck.

I must admit to struggling to see the comparison as well. If Glenny could run like Buhrer he'd be the best player in the well if you combine the rest of his skills.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8