Buhrer predicts Toovey could coach Manly for many years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
ON the eve of Des Hasler's return to Brookvale Oval, Manly utility Jamie Buhrer has given his replacement, Geoff Toovey, a glowing endorsement by predicting he could be coach of the Sea Eagles for the next 20 years.

Read the full article

"I wouldn't discount Toovs being here for the next 10 or 20 years. He is a good coach and he will only get better. Obviously it would be a good story to have Dessie back here at some stage in his career.

*cough*

"Sports fans have always loved a sub-plot and this is a humdinger," Nine's head of sport, Steve Crawley, said.

"Brookvale is one of the game's great battlefields and Des Hasler has gone from Napoleon, the local general, to Benedict Arnold."

Napoleon lost, Manly wins!

I hope Crawley is talking about the TV ratings in NSW because the Manly v Dogs game is the 2nd game on up here and Queenslanders will be in bed before that start of that telecast.

Been invloved with footy for over 40 years. Yet to hear a current player say anything negative in the press about the coach.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Been invloved with footy for over 40 years. Yet to hear a current player say anything negative in the press about the coach.

Shane Shackleton.

WAMF said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

Shane Shackleton.

Lol you beat me Wamf :)

I wonder how happy love shack is today. Now Kearney got boned

WAMF said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

Shane Shackleton.

Mark taifua's career really took off after he called Bennett a nineball, or eight ball or something.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2