Brooky's dodgy surface

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SwornEagle

Reserve Grader
More leg injuries playing on the Brookvale oval grass on Saturday night..
It's becoming a regular sight, players going down with a chronic ankle, knee or leg injury at Brooky.

I'd like to see the stats on leg injuries at Brookvale compared to all other grounds in the NRL.

Its getting to the stage where the Brookvale surface could derail our entire season! When is something going to be done about the playing surface?

The surface is an absolute disgrace; there was no excuse whatsoever for the state of the ground on Saturday night, We had fine, warm weather in the lead up but it was still very long, thick & wet. I just cannot get my head around why the ground is not cut lower & rolled. The groundsman should be shot at dawn.

there are no groundsman i dont think, well none that are qualified. I think its so strange that the council dont send or employ a greensperson to work there. Surely there would be a manly fan that would love to do the job,or that is qualified to do it, my uncle did it for the panthers for so many years, he loved it (hes a panthers fan).

As the Sea Eagles are paying for the maintenance you would think there would be some provision in the lease about the standard of maintenance.

I cannot believe what I am reading, that our home ground does not have a full time curator. GPS Rugby grounds have this - why not a multimillion football team that pours plenty into the council coffers? Unbelievable.

its a bit of a joke, maybe the club could contract a local greensperson or curators to work for the club ? seeing as the council will do nothing.

Surely there's some supporter,with a green thumb,or qualifications,who may do it for a free silver or bronze pass as payment?

victims=farrer,perry,watmough,hoppa,rodney,whare all have injuries because of this surface.....what a f*cken joke....

I walked on the ground after the game and the grass isn't long or soft. But there are plenty of divots in it. Which is to be expected.

Also how would you know if there isn't a groundsman?

byso link said:
Also how would you know if there isn't a groundsman?

byso, that would be because of this:

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/125-000-for-ground-that-has-no-curator/

I would say a lot of these injuries are just coincidental you can't honestly say that Perry's was a result of the surface, his knee would have hit the ground on any tackle in any ground.

Farrer the same thing and for that matter Rodney too.

Jeez some people have very long bows

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but the flags on the top of the goal posts are non existent.

You would think it would make it easier for our goal kickers and when kicking for touch if we had them.

mr seagles link said:
victims=farrer,perry,watmough,hoppa,rodney,whare all have injuries because of this surface.....what a f*cken joke....
There is something in this. I reckon a few of Matai's suspensions can also be attributed to the surface, because players sometimes sink and it can make the tackles a bit higher than normal.

It's also apparently responsible for the hung parliament.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4