Brookvale upgrade cost?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
What would it cost?

Oz Lotto is $70m tonight. I hope you all purchase a ticket with the intention of giving Manly $20m to put towards an upgrade if you win the $70m. I know i would!!

Cost more than 20 million to bulldoze it down before you upgrade it.....Might need powerball on Thursday also.

Warringah council would blow $20m on a new feasibility study, rounds of community consultations, environmental studies, eco-friendly architectural designs etc etc.

Frogz said:
Cost more than 20 million to bulldoze it down before you upgrade it.....Might need powerball on Thursday also.

That's why i said "put towards an upgrade"

Mals said:
Warringah council would blow $20m on a new feasibility study, rounds of community consultations, environmental studies, eco-friendly architectural designs etc etc.
Alternatively, after those processes had occurred, a new Hill Stand seating 350-750 should be achievable. Providing fewer seats than the Fulton-Menzies Stand in its current configuration, which cost about $320,000 to build in 1978/79.;)

Napper said:
What would it cost?

Oz Lotto is $70m tonight. I hope you all purchase a ticket with the intention of giving Manly $20m to put towards an upgrade if you win the $70m. I know i would!!
I bet you wouldn't, anyway you would be better off if you gave the money to the club, rather than to Warringah Council.
For $20 million you could buy the club easily, but would you have the resources to keep on propping it?.

Put $10 million in an account for 3rd party payments to players.....Buy a block of units on Manly beach for the players "girlfriends to live in.....and have $50 million to p1ss up against the wall. Oh and have fun.

Mite invest a bit also, I think..... Liver transplants are not cheap!!!!!!!

They were saying at one of the consultations that, with $15 million in the bank accruing interest, the council could make $1 million annually to cover cost of maintenance. I'd put $60 million in an account, accruing $4 million a year. Within 5 years I'd have enough to buy the club outright. Another 5 years and I'd have enough to make a good play at upgrading the ground, with some government funding.

Alternatively, in the long term I'd try and buy Rat Park, knock it down and build a super fortress on the land, with multi-storey carpark, bus terminal and Leagues Club. Stadium that looks like Suncorp, with Maroon and White seats, and a hill on the bottom level, eastern end, and a retractable roof. This would cost over $200 million (on top of buying the land, $250 million including land). Get the governments and other parties to fund the building of the ground, with $2 million of my $4 million fund paying back investors over 50 years, and the other $2 million on upkeep.

The council can then sell Brookvale Oval's land, Manly will have a true place it could call home, and one we can play finals out of (instead of the SFS) and, on my deathbed, it would be handed over, with the $60 million fund, to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Trust, making the land, and the club officially owned by the fans themselves, not any council or Government, and fully funded by 2 owners: the Trust fund, and the fans.

Think about it this way (as a last thought): at the moment, a full Brookvale Oval at say on average $25 a ticket, per game (20,000) would be $500,000. Times that by 10 games and we are looking at $5 million per year. The club then pays a certain cut for maintenance, staff costs, other costs involved, as well as the obvious fact that we don't get 20,000 on average.

Lets say, with this new 50,000 seat venue, and facilities to get people to and from the game, we get 25,000 average, to 12 games (no Brookie games taken away btw) at an average of $25 / ticket = $7.5 million / year just with Rugby League. Lets say food and drink costs, as well as Staff costs and electricity are covered by food and merchandise sales. the maintenance is covered by the Trust fund interest.

This means we have $7.5 million in the pocket. This means, every 2 years another $15 million is added to the Trust fund, and an extra $1 million in interest.

10 years on: $135 million in the Trust account, $78 million in interest overall interest accrued, now at $9million / year.

These are just for the regular Rugby League season as well. What about Sydney FC games, Waratahs games, Rats games, Rugby League finals, concerts/bands, festivals, one off games between international teams in all different sports? The list goes on, and the stadium would be looking at making back the $200 million in interest over 20 years, with another $150 - $200 million in the bank.

The stadium would be club owned, the car park, club owned, the Club itself owned by the fans again, the Trust would fund local businesses, local juniors and junior development, funding for a network of buses to bring fans to the games. Hell, even further on down the track with enough money (and with the fan base packing out the ground every game (50,000 remember)) a couple of chartered planes to and from Brisbane for every Manly game, with buses to the game from the airport and back again.

It would make the club the richest in the country, and probably the most successful. Yes there would be a salary cap, but we'd be able to buy whoever we wanted in the coaching staff and administration, we'd build up the best development base in the country, perhaps even the world (with a bit of leg pulling a rule brought in with dispensation for local juniors would help retain these guys at high wages).

If only... ;)

holy poop on a stick!

100 million dollarydoos!

Imagine winning that all by yourself!

I'd buy the robot from lost in space.

And a turnip

That'd be a really big turnip in the country, wouldn't it, Global..?

Mals said:
globaleagle said:
ABTK said:
That'd be a really big turnip in the country, wouldn't it, Global..?

I love it when a quote comes together.

$100m buys you a lot of Moose head themed cars :D

You're right! I think I'll buy a ticket!

"Hey Rocky. Watch me pull the winning ticket outta this hat!"

The Wheel said:
Well you blokes can now try for $100 million next Tuesday

27796538.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4