Brookvale Oval's new stand held up over the line

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Brookvale Oval's new stand held up over the line
7 APR 12

THE revamped Jane Try Stand at Brookvale Oval will not be ready for the Sea Eagles’ first home game against Penrith on Monday night - and probably won’t be completed for another month.

Warringah Mayor Michael Regan said wet weather had delayed work on the the stand and the new Eagles Nest Cafe.

“Despite a mammoth effort by contractors, the record wet weather has delayed the stand extension and kiosk upgrade by about a month,” Cr Regan said.

A council spokeswoman said refreshments would still be available from temporary vans and other bars on the grounds.

Sea Eagles chief operating officer David Perry apologised in a statement on the team’s website.

“We sincerely apologise for this unexpected delay, but let me assure you, the new facilities will be worth the wait - a better experience for our corporate partners and fans,” he said.

Mr Perry said the new corporate facilities would not be ready until round nine, when the Sea Eagles play the Raiders on May 6.

The state government and Warringah Council are funding the $10 million facelift of the ground.

Cr Regan said workers had completed the last major concrete pour for the stand and seating would soon go in.

“Fans may also notice the whole stadium has been given a massive clean, general face lift and the field looks absolutely fantastic,” he said.

THE WORKS

>Extension to the Jane Try Stand by two bays, which will provide:
>260 undercover, flip-up seats.
>New corporate suites accommodating 200 fans.
>Disability access improvements.
>A larger kiosk to reduce waiting times.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/held-up-over-the-line/

Why would they be? The were wound up in 2009 weren't they? Also, that company had been around for near on 100 years. Pretty sad affair really.

Imagine being that generation. Life's pretty tough sometimes.

Kell and Rigby only went belly up a few months back. Around 250 to 300 jobs lost. Although they were in trouble for quite a while.

Shame, a real bloody shame. Good Australian workers with such a strong legacy. As a Business Banker, this news is really upsetting. So many affected families.

I know a lot will think that outlook is soft. This happens all too frequently though.

Fricken world growth. Slow down !

On Good Friday , I was driving home from Manly to Elanora Hts (near Narrabeen) & I called into Brookvale Oval. Hadn't been there since DonnyBrookvale (vs Storm).

I walked across the oval and ventured up to my "season ticket seat" in section "N" of the Fulton/Menzies Stand.

I must say that the playing surface looks sensational , but I was disappointed with what I saw in the North Western coner of the ground. I can sympathise with the poor weather that has been around , but I must admit , that I thought this "relatively" small amount of construction would have been completed.

Nevertheless , I'm sure it will be completed and looking good within the coming weeks.

Looking forward to Monday night :

4pm : Drinks at Brookvale Hotel
5.45pm: Dinner at Mimmo's Restaurant
6.45pm: Arrival at Fortress Brookvale

GO MANLY !

Fluffy said:
maybe drop your rates to help rather than out of cycle rises?

Thank you. That just shows how ignorant you are. Here's a tip Fluffy:

There is a big difference between what the reserve Bank may want to do to drive spending, and the cost of capital to Banks and their ability to pass that on.

Before you make an uneducated statement about something you know nothing about, how about doing a little research before you open your massive mouth.

"Out of cycle rises".

Wow dude.

Maybe if The Sea Eagles won more games, maybe Wayne Swan could pass on a rate decrease, so you can buy more beers (hick)?

:huh:

Try taking a walk outside the banking and mining industries for a second - its farked out there since the GFC.

Banks making record profits still though but thats ok.....

Maybe i should be drinking your beers, you obviously have had a few too many and cant see very well.

But the days of banking being a service are gone, they are a business, and they need to make the best returns they can for their shareholders, we are not customers we are sources of income. Rate rises by the banks are due to increased costs no question, but passing it on is to ensure profits aren't impacted.

As you have seen most banks are ramping up their off shoring efforts to save a few extra million each year, and rest assured there will be more mass redundancies this year - all to ensure one more years record profit. Late 2012 early 2013 is when we are going to see the impacts of the next economic decline, banks are preparing for that. They don't want to be seen laying off jobs in a recession (more likely depression) so they are one and all doing it now. All for the almighty dollar

Ryan said:
Fluffy said:
maybe drop your rates to help rather than out of cycle rises?

Thank you. That just shows how ignorant you are. Here's a tip Fluffy:

There is a big difference between what the reserve Bank may want to do to drive spending, and the cost of capital to Banks and their ability to pass that on.

Before you make an uneducated statement about something you know nothing about, how about doing a little research before you open your massive mouth.

"Out of cycle rises".

Wow dude.

Maybe if The Sea Eagles won more games, maybe Wayne Swan could pass on a rate decrease, so you can buy more beers (hick)?

:huh:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/rising-aussie-bank-costs-impossible-says-french-bank-20120220-1tiv2.html

Claims about higher funding costs by Australia’s big four have met with scepticism from an unlikely source - a large French bank, Societe Generale.

Tokyo-based Societe Generale Asia Pacific head of interest rate strategy Christian Carrillo said it was "almost mathematically impossible" that total funding costs for Australian banks were rising, as the sector argued this month, using it as a motive to lift mortgage rates independently of a Reserve Bank.

"The claim that the recent increase in mortgage rates is due to higher funding costs is very dubious," he said in a research note. "The mortgage hikes seem aimed at protecting their high profit margins."

Australia's major banks have lifted mortgage customers by between 6 and 10 basis point after the RBA shocked the market earlier this month by keeping the cash rate at 4.25 per cent. The banks have insisted that the cost of funds needed to keep lending into the economy were rising, driven in part by the volatility associated with the European debt crisis. The unpopular out-of-cycle rate rises followed announcements of job cuts by ANZ Bank and Westpac, further inflaming opinion about the banks.
Mr Carrillo said that an analysis of Australian Prudential Regulation Authority monthly banking statistics and RBA data on debt securities outstanding show that the source of most bank funding is onshore, where costs have actually been falling.

Australian banks' reliance on domestic funding has increased to an all-time high of 66 per cent at the beginning of this year, pushing long-term overseas funding to its lowest level since April 2009.

"Our calculations suggest that almost all sources of funding of Australian banks, except long-term overseas, are cheaper than their post-GFC highs and have kept falling since the second half of 2011 in absolute terms," he said.

Australian banks began to reduce their reliance on overseas markets for wholesale funding since the financial crisis.

“Australian banks are essentially an oligopoly," said Mr Carrillo. "They control most of the market anyway. They can effectively set rates where they want to."

"You have four big banks. They want to protect their profit margin. They can do it, so they do it.”

In a speech last week said the RBA said the cost of bank debt has risen since mid-2011, affecting both unsecured debt and covered bonds.

The RBA noted that the spread on senior unsecured debt over the bank bill swap rate, the benchmark cost of floating rate bonds, increased from 127 basis points in June 2011 to 185 basis points in February, the spread widening by 58 basis points.

Mr Carrillo, referencing the RBA speech, said that the BBSW itself has gone down by 70 basis points over that period.

'The cost for Australian banks borrowing money'. It's a furphy put about by the banking industry to disguise the fact that they are entirely profit driven to a degree that's immoral. They are protected from competition and are guaranteed by the taxpayer, you and I. Crying as they drive businesses to the wall. Now I've read it all.

Seperate point - wtf are all you clowns doing posting before 8am on easter sunday?

Im stuck at work clocking up about 85 hours this week as are the ways since the GFC.

Many of the banks cash cows/income streams have been attacked recently by the introduction of the govt fair banking laws. In retaliation the banks have just increased their revenue from other areas of banking

The banks are also lending less as the housing industry is slow and new buildings are slower despite govt grants, but Australians are saving more and paying off more debt that ever

essentially banks are requiring less money to lend but are generating much more of this money from on shore, a swing of about 40 - 50%. Banks are a business, and do have to answer to share holders but their business models with massive bonus systems and staff recognition junkets flys in the face of joe public who keep hearing how much pressure they are under as they have to answer to share holders

Its no different to gillard means testing aussies on 100k and then saying they dont need tax payer hand outs for child care and medicare , then she earns much more than them and takes a lifetime pension from taxpayers for screwing us over.

The gillard and gail kelly show

Dont get angry, get them back and take your business elsewhere. Its not that hard. In australia they say the house is the biggest purchase that most aussies will make in their lifetime, wrong, the biggest purchase is the home loan as it may cost you 3 times the cost of the property

Fluffy said:
Seperate point - wtf are all you clowns doing posting before 8am on easter sunday?

Im stuck at work clocking up about 85 hours this week as are the ways since the GFC.

as for me, im on the net due to **** Hot preparation

All food prepared for lunch at families house, butter chicken and rocky road( seperated dishes)
Easter egg hunt complete
family lie in
brekky complete
cleaned up,
first egg demolished

geez fluffy easter is all about a man carrying a load on his back. 85 hours. Can it be worth it, and is your bank helping you ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Sorry fella's I am lost, can somebody point me back towards the footy forum ?
Mate you take a left at the first segue and go straight through the first two hi-jacks until you come to the big hi-jack about 5 posts back, you should be right from there

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7