Brookvale Oval Brawl inspires copycats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MANLY and Melbourne's night of mayhem played a "diabolical" role in sparking vicious all-in brawls at three junior league grand finals on Saturday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brookvale-oval-brawl-inspires-copycats/story-e6frexnr-1226124888641

They can't be serious.

Well if 6 weeks ago they gave out a 5 week suspension for a kick in the head you would think they would have had problem even before last Friday's game, what a cop out for a Neville trying to big note himself.

What else can we blame the brawl for?...world famine,the global financial crash...the carbon tax?!!:s

Only surprised that Manly are not being blamed for the brawls in the Canterbury, the Penrith and the Tigers games in Round 25.

Deafening silence in the Media about the above brawls:huh:

Are you all amazed at the constant and distorted view that the "4 Manly Players ran in..." ?
The fact that all the Storm Players ran in as well, as in the first brawl, is mysteriously lost in reporting. :dodgy:

I wonder how accurate these reports are? Are they just made up by the media? As we know, News Ltd HAS been proven to be one of the world's most corrupt media oragnisations!

What a load of crap!

Fights have been happening in junior league for years it has nothing to do with one fight that happened last week.

Also the media cant have it both ways. They are promoting the incident but replaying it on the news every day and night and having it in the papers everyday since it happened and why because it sells papers!!!

I hate how they promote things like this so much to make money but they are the first to slam clubs for people apparently copying what went on.

On Talkin' Sport yesterday a caller rang in and said that if Manly played the Storm in the GF what is the bet that they use footage of the brawl to promote it? If the fight has damaged the 'brand' as they say, surely they can not mention/show this fight again in ANY promotion without bringing the game into disrepute. Can the NRL then be charged with contrary conduct????

I had a fight with my wife on Saturday after Friday night's debacle. I've given her a 16 week suspension as she carryover points and has a history of transgressions for being the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th man(woman) in. lol

Poor David.
Yesterday he had mothers ring him and demand something be done about the violence in Rugby League!

Can you imagine a mother, anyone's mother, ringing the CEO of any organisation to complain about that!

Firstly, I doubt whether you'd get through to Gallop in the first place. If he does answer the phone to a Mrs Neville, then he hasn't got much work to do.

What a load of crap!![/i]

Gallop is such a tool. Fancy calling the game a 'brand'. What is he? And it's a nonsense to suggest that our fight caused the other. It's what all wowsers suggest when talking of banning stuff. And I've tried to get through to Gallop and never succeeded. I should try to be a 'mother' next time. Obviously that works. What complete crap. It seems to me that the Newcastle officials are using our 'brawl' to mask the actions of their guys to lessen any consequences for them.

Just because a bunch of no neck, two headed, buck tooth ferals in some redneck town near Newcastle decides to have a punchup they blame us. Fair dinkum this is beyond anything I have seen in 35 years of watching and supporting the game. The media hysteria that these arseclowns particularly at NEWS ltd is nothing but payback for all the name calling and **** canning of piss weak NEWS journalists over the Brett Stewart fiasco. ****wits like R Wilson etc are in a feeding frenzy. Tell you what take your poison pens (keyboards) and shove them up your ****ing collective arseholes.

OneEyedEagle said:
Well if 6 weeks ago they gave out a 5 week suspension for a kick in the head you would think they would have had problem even before last Friday's game, what a cop out for a Neville trying to big note himself.

Yeah I saw that - the specific example they decide to use undermines the whole point of the article.

While I accept that kids copy the NRL stars and that is a concern, in this case I know there was no influence because I live in the Hunter area and I know all kids up here go to bed at 7.30pm, there is a bear or kangaroo that comes on the telly to remind them.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
While I accept that kids copy the NRL stars and that is a concern, in this case I know there was no influence because I live in the Hunter area and I know all kids up here go to bed at 7.30pm, there is a bear or kangaroo that comes on the telly to remind them.

LOL SER8 seriously they had that when I was knee high growing up at Redhead. It's not still Big Dog is it?

Oh yeah it must be the dog. I usually don't pay close attention because I know I'm staying up late :) (like at least 8.30 lol)

Sorry about the no neck two headed buck tooth feral references to Newcastle SER8 but I was born at Merewether so I know the city well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6