Brookie Oval Workshop - this Sat 19th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Craigm

Council are running another Brookie Oval consultation workshop this Saturday 19th from 9 am to 12 noon.

No one seems to know about it, except probably the residents. We can't let them hijack the process or Manly will be gone and Brookie will be a community garden.

Manly fans need to get down in numbers in our Manly gear like we did last time and make a big noise for an upgrade asap.

We also need to get onto the council online forum and push the case for the Sea Eagles and an upgrade.

http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/topi...ding-options-to-provide-ongoing-renewal-costs

So far it has been mainly the whinging residents having their say. We need to counter that.

Coaches and players will come and go and the Club will always carry on, but I really fear for the clubs future if we lose Brookie. Sure we could play at the SFS, but how long before what makes us Manly disappears and it is no longer the same Club anymore, if not dead.

This is our chance as local residents / Manly fans to have our say about the future of Brookvale Oval.

Unfortunately i can't make this Saturday as i won't be on the beaches but i would encourage everyone who can to get down and make their voices heard.

Craigm said:
Council are running another Brookie Oval consultation workshop this Saturday 19th from 9 am to 12 noon.

No one seems to know about it, except probably the residents. We can't let them hijack the process or Manly will be gone and Brookie will be a community garden.

Manly fans need to get down in numbers in our Manly gear like we did last time and make a big noise for an upgrade asap.

We also need to get onto the council online forum and push the case for the Sea Eagles and an upgrade.

http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/topi...ding-options-to-provide-ongoing-renewal-costs

So far it has been mainly the whinging residents having their say. We need to counter that.

Coaches and players will come and go and the Club will always carry on, but I really fear for the clubs future if we lose Brookie. Sure we could play at the SFS, but how long before what makes us Manly disappears and it is no longer the same Club anymore, if not dead.

If someone could post this on Facebook that would help. There are tons of MANLY supporters on there who may not see this otherwise. Unfortunately I cant as FB is blocked at work. The more people that know the more chance of getting a big crownd there. WE NEED FORTRESS BROOKIE.

I have put it on the MWTS one, would of thought the club would of put it on theirs.

I have posted it to the MWTS facebook just then.

Jonesyv2 said:
I have put it on the MWTS one, would of thought the club would of put it on theirs.

I have posted it to the MWTS facebook just then.

Awesome Thanks heaps! That should get the word out a bit further!!!

Dear Members,

As you may be aware, we are in the process of working with Warringah Council, the local community and all stakeholders in relation to the necessary upgrade of Brookvale Park.

We, as a club, urge you to show your support for our team and help secure the future of our home ground.

We encourage you all to come along to Brekkie at Brookie this Saturday, 19 November from 9am or you can have your say on the Warringah Council website - yoursaywarringah.com.au/brookvalepark

The Sea Eagles have a real opportunity now to work with State and Federal Governments to create an impressive, accessible stadium and we need your support.

To satisfy all our loyal fans' game day experience and for the Sea Eagles to be financially viable for many years to come, we believe the only option in this competitive sporting landscape is the proposed new, larger stadium option.

This includes a new eastern and southern stand with an extra 9000 undercover seats, and would work within a NSW state trust model, similar to that of the SCG Trust or the Parramatta Stadium Trust.

The Sea Eagles genuinely appreciate your continued support, thank you.

Sincerely,

David Perry
Chief Operating Officer
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Yes, pretty average. It was more working out what people's opinions were on funding the maintenance costs as well as what they thought about the State Trust.

Nothing voted on about which design we preferred yet. That will probably be the next one after they nut out how they will fund maintenance and try to get the State to take over the land in a Trust format.

I had a good chat with the Friends of Brookvale lead representative and it looks like they want the same thing we do. Their problems are 2 fold: 1. no units at the Southern end; and 2. the height of the stands can't be higher than the Arko stand at the moment. I agree with them on point 1, not so much point 2 as I don't want to limit our potential.

I believe the large stadium only option is what we all want (except for maybe council). The height thing can be planned out when they look further at the design of the ground.

Finally, I believe the option of a 5 year 5.5% rate rise is the best maintenance choice. Reason is that this money will get put into a bank account controlled by the trust and the $1 million interest that accrues from this will pay the ongoing maintenance costs. For someone paying $1000 a year on rates, this is a rise of $55 a year for 5 years. This is better than paying the other option, which is 1.8% permanent rate rise, or a permanent $18 rise per year. After 16 years you will be paying more to the ground than you would have in the 5.5%.

In saying this, a lot pay less than $1000/ year so these numbers could be less.

It's heading in the right direction but it's starting to drag on a bit. They are hoping to be at the next stage by early next year.

Cheers for the update Jono. I hope the high rise unit option is knocked on the head. The option the footy club is proposing surely has to be the way forward if Brookie is to survive as an NRL standard ground going forward.

The work this year in adding a new bay to Jane Try Stand, has that started yet? They will be spending $3m in revitalisation work this year which is quite a bit of spending (this is the last of the old funding we had left in the pot).

Typically they seem to tender this so late I bet they start in Jan ’12 and out first home game will be in jeopardy to have the ground ready in time.

“Stage 4 works consist to be ready beginning of April ‘12
- Extension of Jane Try Stand one bay to the north - 1400 additional seats
- New amenities - kiosk and toilets
-
- Community Function room

- Removal of structures to northern hill

- Additional seating infront of existing Jane Try Stand

Plus a lift for Ken Arthurson Stand and dual-purpose scoreboard/video screen “

Eagles Nest 08 said:
The work this year in adding a new bay to Jane Try Stand, has that started yet? They will be spending $3m in revitalisation work this year which is quite a bit of spending (this is the last of the old funding we had left in the pot).

Typically they seem to tender this so late I bet they start in Jan ’12 and out first home game will be in jeopardy to have the ground ready in time.

-

All of these just seem to be band aid solutions and probably throwing away good money after bad, especially if they are looking at potentially moving the ground slightly north.
I suppose the dilemma the council has is that it cannot afford the ongoing maintainence of a more developed ground, and should manly vacate the ground then it will fall into disrepair.
I think what they would prefer is that the ground is handed over to the state government and then developed and maintained with state and federal funds, but then I suppose there would be an outcry from certain sections of the council about handing over a public asset to the state government.
I think this will just go around and around and around.

Peter C said:
Eagles Nest 08 said:

-

All of these just seem to be band aid solutions and probably throwing away good money after bad, especially if they are looking at potentially moving the ground slightly north.
I suppose the dilemma the council has is that it cannot afford the ongoing maintainence of a more developed ground, and should manly vacate the ground then it will fall into disrepair.
I think what they would prefer is that the ground is handed over to the state government and then developed and maintained with state and federal funds, but then I suppose there would be an outcry from certain sections of the council about handing over a public asset to the state government.
I think this will just go around and around and around.

big_headed_tiny_dog_chasing_tail_md.gif

They will never move the ground further north Peter, not when they have already invested heavily in refurbishing the Arko stand, not to mention the work under the Jane Try Stand, only last year.

Phantar said:
They will never move the ground further north Peter, not when they have already invested heavily in refurbishing the Arko stand, not to mention the work under the Jane Try Stand, only last year.

I doubt that that they will as well, but some of the feasability studies suggest that funding may only be available by redeveloping the land fronting Pittwater Road.

http://yoursaywarringah.com.au/brookvalepark

Peter C said:
Phantar said:

I doubt that that they will as well, but some of the feasability studies suggest that funding may only be available by redeveloping the land fronting Pittwater Road.

This is one alternative. However, the best option is a rate rise. Whether that be a permanent one, or a 5 year one to build up a fund so we use the interest to pay the maintenance, is up for debate. As I said before I think the 5 year higher rate rise with the ultimate result being that the interest gained from the funds will pay the maintenance is the best long term option for the community and the club.

They've put this option in because not everyone likes the idea of a rate rise, even if its only $50 extra a year at most (for the 5.5% rate rise over 5 years).

As for upgrade funding that will only come from State and Federal funding. This can be done over time though and the stadium extended over the course of 10 years (for example, bolting on extra bays to the stand on the Eastern side every year)

Jono said:
Peter C said:
Phantar said:

This is one alternative. However, the best option is a rate rise. Whether that be a permanent one, or a 5 year one to build up a fund so we use the interest to pay the maintenance, is up for debate. As I said before I think the 5 year higher rate rise with the ultimate result being that the interest gained from the funds will pay the maintenance is the best long term option for the community and the club.

They've put this option in because not everyone likes the idea of a rate rise, even if its only $50 extra a year at most (for the 5.5% rate rise over 5 years).

As for upgrade funding that will only come from State and Federal funding. This can be done over time though and the stadium extended over the course of 10 years (for example, bolting on extra bays to the stand on the Eastern side every year)

Just kidding...If they could link the rate rise with a membership package we would have about 100,000 supporters.:D

Jatz Crackers said:
Jethro said:

For shame Jethro. That looks suspiciously like a bulldog.

Hmmm, yes, it does a bit. A slap on the wrist for me. Ouch !

How about this one then:
catchasingtail2.gif

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8