Bronco Blair

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
So the Tigers release Blair to the Broncos meaning they are a) still paying Barba, b) have signed Boyd, c) resigned Hunt to an improved deal, d) still have a bunch of veteran rep players and now e) have Blair who was on big coin at the Tigers.

Oh and they had the Clayton's salary cap breach last season which went away because no one wanted to talk about it.

So how exactly does the cap work again???

Loobs said:
So the Tigers release Blair to the Broncos meaning they are a) still paying Barba, b) have signed Boyd, c) resigned Hunt to an improved deal, d) still have a bunch of veteran rep players and now e) have Blair who was on big coin at the Tigers.

Oh and they had the Clayton's salary cap breach last season which went away because no one wanted to talk about it.

So how exactly does the cap work again???

Ask the Bulldogs, they should be able to fill you in.

Ask the Rooters they don't seem to have one.

Further, some of their players aren't even paid the minimum and the player managers don't seem to care if one can believe the article posted earlier on this site. A breach of the player manager's fiduciary duty if you ask me but heck what the hell do I know?

These same player managers seemed to hammer Manly about DCE but different club, different times and different NRL administration in charge now.

All we fans want is consistency, fairness and transparency. Do we get that? I would say it is in the negative.

I am not a fan of Blair; what Manly supporter would be after the brawl at Brookie. However, he was poor for the first year of his Tigers contract, then had a middle of road season the following year, but last year he was quite excellent in a lot of their games. He played a huge role in those big upset wins they had over Souths and the Bulldogs last year. He has started offloading again, and I think under Bennett he could be good for Brisbane. How they've managed to fit him under the salary cap is another argument all together :-/

This really is not funny now.

The NRL are allowing the News limited donkeys to buy a premiership.

The convenient lack of evidence claim from the NRL about their cap breaches is the last straw for me.

The idea of the cap was to make this competition even. We have a divide of rich clubs like the donkeys, drizzle, dirty dogs, vermin and roosters who have all got rosters that stink of being over the cap.

There is zilch reward for building a team from bottom up anymore.

Greenturd and Smith have no clue.

We really need some leadership at the top of our game.

I would suggest when ever a contracted player leaves for another club they are rarely being paid the "true" amount of their contract by the new club

In this case Blair (who is an absolute grub) would have done of his wage paid by the Tigers - not sure how much but Brisbane would pick up, say a 400k player this year for 200k

Snake said:
I am not a fan of Blair; what Manly supporter would be after the brawl at Brookie. However, he was poor for the first year of his Tigers contract, then had a middle of road season the following year, but last year he was quite excellent in a lot of their games. He played a huge role in those big upset wins they had over Souths and the Bulldogs last year. He has started offloading again, and I think under Bennett he could be good for Brisbane. How they've managed to fit him under the salary cap is another argument all together :-/

Agree with all that Snake. He also had a great 4 nations tournament.

He was on around $650k per season at Wests.

Milford almost fills the gap made by Barba's departure from the Bronx.
Darius would be on approx $400k per year.

So even if Blair signed up for about $400k per year, I don't see that the Broncos have lost anyone else and they had cap problems in 2014.

Now they're about $700k over the cap for 2015??

WTF? How does that work Greenburg?

^^^ just realised they let Martin Kennedy go - but he was only on about $250k p.a. so stil $450k above the cap, by my calcs (at least).

Bandit said:
Snake said:

So even if Blair signed up for about $400k per year, I don't see that the Broncos have lost anyone else and they had cap problems in 2014.

^^^ just realised they let Martin Kennedy go - but he was only on about $250k p.a. so stil $450k above the cap, by my calcs (at least).

Back end contracts and Third Party deals maybe. The Thoroughbreds have deep pockets,lots of contacts and Bennett is their Messiah.

Bandit said:
Snake said:

Pretty sure they are still paying a chunk of Barba's salary for two more years as well.

bones said:
Chip and Chase said:
Has there been a bigger dud signing over the last 5 years then Adam Blair at the Tigers ??

Yes. Broncos signing Ben Barba.

They've had a terrible run of recruits with Scott Prince, Barba and Kennedy in recent seasons. Add Joel Clinton, Wallace and Ennis as under-performing 'star' recruits and you can see quickly why they haven't been a genuine force since their last premiership.

Hamster Huey said:
bones said:
Chip and Chase said:
Has there been a bigger dud signing over the last 5 years then Adam Blair at the Tigers ??

Yes. Broncos signing Ben Barba.

They've had a terrible run of recruits with Scott Prince, Barba and Kennedy in recent seasons. Add Joel Clinton, Wallace and Ennis as under-performing 'star' recruits and you can see quickly why they haven't been a genuine force since their last premiership.

Also the dilution of them being the sole Qld club of choice. Now you effectively have 4 in the Broncos, Cowboys, Titans and the Storm, and since the Broncos dropped off, the Storm filled their void as the Qld powerhouse. If Smith, Slater and Cronk had played for the Broncos instead like in the old days when every decent Queenslander plays for Brisbane, every other club would have been playing for second for the last decade...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4