Britt Lapthorne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I reckon her family are starting to rival the Corby's in the "how to antagonise a foreign police force" stakes.

By the sounds of things she lived up to her name.  Somehow the Coratians don;t seem to have the same regard for slurries as our local media. 

At least the Corbys still have a live daughter.

And being a pisshead is hardly up there with being a drug smuggler.

A tragic event.

I feel for the family. I hope they get to the bottom of it for the families sake. My girlfriend left just today for a trip to Japan for a week with her sister and I pray that nothing happens to them.

Whilst the media circus is quite distasteful, anyone who is a parent can relate with the pain of the potential loss of a child and the devastating effect that must have on family life. To have a child missing and then found dead must be quite devastating, all the more so when so little is really known about what happened and why.

Maybe they should have taken more concern *before* she became legless with a group of strange men.

How to win friends and influence people:

Ms Lapthorne's father, Dale, in Dubrovnik, said he was frustrated and upset by the lack of information in the report, which he called almost "childish" in its content.

Obituary trawling again or just fishing? Since when did being young and having fun justify a post condoning murder and foreign investigative ineptitude? About equal to my total indifference for any religious practise or ideology. Slurries - if only the entire population would live up to your high standard of morals.

Who says they're inept apart from the family - a line taken hook, line and sinker by the Australian press.

It happens very often that the police are not in a position to reveal everything for fear of blowing an investigation.  they don't deserve to be bagged for it.  It usually blows up in the family's face though when they make their precious out to be Mother Teresa. 

Waiting ......

Matabele link said:
Maybe they should have taken more concern *before* she became legless with a group of strange men.

Saying she was legless is a bit insensitive seeing that she was found with no legs and one arm missing.

When your boys are old enough and want to travel overseas I am sure that you will worry about whether they are safe or not in a foreign country.  I am sure that they will get drunk while they are away because that it what most young kids do. 

I can imagine the grief of her father and he may be saying irrational things but when his daughter has died in such a tragic way it is understandable that he wants answers as to what happened and is frustrated because no-one can tell him. 

Chip & Chase link said:
Mata, you really are a tool sometimes aren't you ?
  yes.

Actually my nephew (who is more like a son given his father abandoned him at 8) is currently doing the whole root your way around Europe high on ecstasy thing at the moment, so I do have an inkling of what is normality.

So far he's stayed away from the Lapthorne family as far as I know.

I thought the Croatian police came out and said that the body found couldn't possibly be hers and the next day said "Oh, THAT body - yep, it's her". If true then it doesn't sound like they had the situation under control. The last thing I read was that an autopsy was not undertaken and that there was insufficient soft tissue for a toxicology test but there was enough for them to rule that there was no trauma prior to death (??) . Now they consider the case closed. I can understand the parents frustration.

If only the rest of us could maintain your, oh so high, moral standards, the world would be a much better place ::)

ya ya I'll run the white flag up on this one.  Let's hope they get to the bottom of what happened so the family can get closure. 

Matabele link said:
ya ya I'll run the white flag up on this one.  Let's hope they get to the bottom of what happened so the family can get closure. 

Knew you were better than that.

Well done Mata.

My only gripe with the father was that he was bagging the Australian Federal poloce for not doing enough. There is only so much you can when you send a cop to another country.

From all reports the Croatian police have been pretty ****e though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4