Bring back Monas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
I just finished watching Warrington Wolves smash the Catalan Dragons in the Challenge Cup semi-final. Guess who picked up the MOTM award? - none other than our Monas. Playing in the 9 his passing game was just sensational. Good to see Hicks again but he got little opportunities because Matt King hogged it and there was Steve Bell on the losing side.

Wolves are off to Wembley for the second year in a row where Monas won the MOTM award last year. If we could afford him and we needed a genuine tough ball distributor to back up Ballin then Monas is the man.

We have enough trouble with the surface of brookie now let alone with concentric circles in it again.

Love it MB, best joke i've heard all year... seriously, we need to stop bringing up players that aren't with us anymore. Let's look forward not back. Sure he might be going great guns in England, but it's a different comp over there. Plus he's getting older, so seriously let's look to the players coming through the ranks.

There is 0% chance is will be back in a Manly Jumper, i guarantee you.

could do worse at minimum wage, he and orford can split 55k and that would be about right.

Couldn't help but make Zoidberg noises while watching that game.

Can't say I miss Steve Bell, watching crab along the field made me feel nauseous. 

i rated steve bell, he was safe as houses, couldnt pass to save his life though, Monas was awesome, no doubting that !

The enduring image I have of Bell was in the 08 GF right on half time. Quinn drops a cheapshot elbow on Bells head and Bell gets up remonstrating to the linesman (1.5 metres away mind you) with a look of disbelief, when no penalty was forthcoming.

Typical melbourne scum player.

Please dont ever resign Monas,he thinks his a halfback
and wont play while Ballin is fit,overpayed and overrated,
in saying that we should have won in 2005,on top till the club
****ed around with his contract which seen us lose the 1st semi
final in a flogging to those parrasites...

Shane link said:
f**ked around with his contract which seen us lose the 1st semi

Fro, do you do grammar as well as spelling?

Shane link said:

That must be a typo ? 2005

We weren't even in the ballpark that season despite the start imo

Did'nt Monas leave us with the excuse that he wanted to play halfback?
Guess Manly were right when persisting that he was a hooker..(league hooker that is)

Dan link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=184588.msg283473#msg283473 date=1281416840]

Fro, do you do grammar as well as spelling?
[/quote]

Some people are beyond help Dan.

Jatz Crackers link said:
The enduring image I have of Bell was in the 08 GF right on half time. Quinn drops a cheapshot elbow on Bells head and Bell gets up remonstrating to the linesman (1.5 metres away mind you) with a look of disbelief, when no penalty was forthcoming.

Typical melbourne scum player.
My enduring memory of Bell was the same game but at the end of the second half. Sailing over to score from Snake's magic flick pass, then buried under the largest pile of bodies I can ever recall seeing on a footie field. It was a great moment and a great way for him to farewell the club, he was definitely a part of taking us to that final step.

I would've much preferred to get Matt King, shame that never eventuated.

My enduring memory of Steve Bell is seeing him buy three jumbo packs of nappies at Dee Why woolies. I swear he walked out of the door sideways.

We were leading the season with him as halfback and captain,the club for no reason whatsoever played his contract around,we went from 1st to 8th,who is to senile to follow?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2