Bring back Brad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Gutherson one of the best fullbacks in the comp?
Gutho has been a fantastic player. Courageous, safe at the back, top level footy nous and leadership. Came back from those bad injuries to rack up 198 NRL games, and counting.
Turns 30 this year and not sure how much he has left at fullback, but won't surprise me if he excels as a clever 5/8 for a few more years yet.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
Now that Arthur is no longer coaching we might see him show up at Brookie as a spectator for some of his sons matches. Would certainly add a bit of fuel to the already building rumour mill.
He already has been when timing allows. I’ve seen him with hoodie on standing at the back of the Bob Fulton stand last season. Watched him in Reggie’s and then stayed and watched 1st grade.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Gutho has been a fantastic player. Courageous, safe at the back, top level footy nous and leadership. Came back from those bad injuries to rack up 198 NRL games, and counting.
Turns 30 this year and not sure how much he has left at fullback, but won't surprise me if he excels as a clever 5/8 for a few more years yet.
You have to admire Gutho for his superb qualities. He has been a tremendous talent .
He has been Strong, skillful , speedy resilient , courageous , tenacious and also a great team leader Leading the Eels with Great Passion .
A great player and competitor that would make an impact in any era

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Our weak players do too.

Let's welcome in new top 30 players, and a new assistant coach too, can only help as well.
This is Seibolds team , He endorsed all those players in our top 30 and he is their mentor and Inspirator
This team is Seibolds baby and he rocks the cradle
This is what some of you blokes on here do not understand
The players are accountable but Seibold is accountable for his players

Sing with me feathered friend @double hoops
Rock-a-bye Sea eagles
On the treetop
When Manly win
The cradle will Eagle rock
When Manly Lose
The cradle will fall
And down will come Seibold
Cradle and all

Bring back Brad Arthur as assistant coach and bring Gutho back home too. Gutho may follow BA back to Brookvale. Put Gutho in the centres and give him the captaincy. We need better leadership.
Wasn’t that the parra model!! Recruit Brad Arthur from Us … get Arthur to get gutho… make gutho captain….

That strategy didn’t turn out too well for them!

Just sayin’

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
No doubt Brad could help out Seibold and would be an asset but I would hate to see our players start waving their arms about after every second tackle trying to milk a penalty, I don't know if he has coached this into Parra but it ****s me seeing their players doing constantly.
The irony is gutho is now being coached by the flog who told him and Nicki Hynes they would never be first graders.

double hoops

First Grader
This is Seibolds team , He endorsed all those players in our top 30 and he is their mentor and Inspirator
This team is Seibolds baby and he rocks the cradle
This is what some of you blokes on here do not understand
The players are accountable but Seibold is accountable for his players

Sing with me feathered friend @double hoops
Rock-a-bye Sea eagles
On the treetop
When Manly win
The cradle will Eagle rock
When Manly Lose
The cradle will fall
And down will come Seibold
Cradle and all
Do you think a lose against the storm will see Manly giving Seibold the sack? @BOZO

Last edited:

DUFFMAN

Bencher
With contract talks on hold with Siebold I wouldn't be surprised if the club has spoken to Brad.
The club doesn't need to panic as Brad is available and there isn't a need to panic just sign Siebold or anyone else.

Can see him coming in as an assistant within the month and taking over in 2026 or possibly 2025 if we fail to make the finals this season.

If Siebold gets us into the finals this year and next year he will probably stay, Brad will get a gig as head coach somewhere in the NRL.

Last edited:

Rocky

Bencher
Is Arthur an upgrade on Seibold? Maybe.....but not by much if he is.

That's the problem. There are no available coaches that make sense.

Manly will have to do something bold, like throwing a fortune at Cleary to get a top echelon coach.

Does Mestrov have the foresight, the authority and the money (from Penn) to do something like this?

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Is Arthur an upgrade on Seibold? Maybe.....but not by much if he is.

That's the problem. There are no available coaches that make sense.

Manly will have to do something bold, like throwing a fortune at Cleary to get a top echelon coach.

Does Mestrov have the foresight, the authority and the money (from Penn) to do something like this?
It is a problem. I'd love us to get the right young coach one of these days (Hannay, maybe, or someone else coming through), but for every Craig Fitzgibbon there are three or four Trent Barretts - and most of those are literally Trent Barrett.

Rocky

Bencher
It is a problem. I'd love us to get the right young coach one of these days (Hannay, maybe, or someone else coming through), but for every Craig Fitzgibbon there are three or four Trent Barretts - and most of those are literally Trent Barrett.
Yep, I get the recent frustration with Seibold. But you only get rid of a coach if you have someone better.

As you say for every good coach that has made it there are more than haven't.

And the golden boys Barrett (he should never get another first-grade gig but maybe the Eels won't have anyone better) and Ciraldo (ok he may still make it) haven't set the world on fire either.

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14
12 6 6 -39 14