The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kelly scored 5 tries in his 1st 7 games. He's scored once in his past 11 games.

The early signs were even there in those first 7 games...........
He bombed a few certain tries ..........i remember (i think the Storm game) where he was held up over the line when Manly were charging back......................and it was just a sign that he didn't have the natural skills .............90% of centres in the NRL would have scored it.

Round 20 and still we have from Kelly ......
Missed tackles , pushed into touch , out jumped from high balls , out paced by his opposition..
Parker has shown us all today that he is a bigger faster and stronger option and should be given the opportunity after 20 rounds.
Every player should be given a fair ( 20 rounds go ) but no player should be spoon fed
Many young players have been dropped and the ones with the so called potential come back with a vengeance
You don't make better players by spoon feeding them
spoon-feeding.jpg

Round 20 and still we have from Kelly ......
Missed tackles , pushed into touch , out jumped from high balls , out paced by his opposition..
Parker has shown us all today that he is a bigger faster and stronger option and should be given the opportunity after 20 rounds.
Every player should be given a fair ( 20 rounds go ) but no player should be spoon fed
Many young players have been dropped and the ones with the so called potential come back with a vengeance
You don't make better players by spoon feeding them
View attachment 6026
I rate parker. He is a keeper.

I love the footwork of kelly but his hands are pretty woeful and gets caught out in defence a lot

Kelly missed a few again, but had plenty of friends
What worries me is teams that roll through the middle and offer 2nd phase, look dangerous with every set against Manly who seem to allow quick play the balls.
It's easy to blame 1 player, fact is - damage done first half and straight up the guts....mentioned Green in another thread, but damn we missed Api today...

By the time you get to first grade....you be able to ****ing tackle!

I think that of any player.

Kelly could be good one day no doubt, but he was found out big time again today . You can keep persevering but it can be at a cost . He needs to be hooked .

Kelly missed a few again, but had plenty of friends
What worries me is teams that roll through the middle and offer 2nd phase, look dangerous with every set against Manly who seem to allow quick play the balls.
It's easy to blame 1 player, fact is - damage done first half and straight up the guts....mentioned Green in another thread, but damn we missed Api today...

It's funny that you mention we seem to allow quick play the balls. I agree, by the way - so how the **** are we constantly getting pinged for taking too long in the ruck?! There was another bull**** penalty - on the 5th tackle, no less - for it today, when there were 400 worse examples from the opposition that didn't draw a penalty...!

Who goes in for Kelly though. No one is standing out in minor grades. We sooooo need Matai out there.

Gee some of you guys are hard on a first year 21 year old kid. They're not all like Tommy T. Those pushing for Parker. Well he's done some nice things in lower grades and played adequately when in firsts, but I dont think he's the answer at this stage. Thing is we have no one better and I've no doubt that by next year he'll be a level up in performances. We forget too quickly how players need time to adjust to firsts and even a new club. Koriosau was on the nose last year and was Walker. This year they've generally been stars. Sironen has struggled at Wests and initially here at Manly, but was developing very nicely before his injury. He's a kid learning his trade. I'm thankful we've got Kelly because I think he'll develop well. He's been recognised as a talent and that's why opposition players are focusing more on him now. Players often go through dips in form when other teams begin to work them out. Think Pongia (cant get a start now), Cleary (but for his last game has had an average season), Mitchell (struggling to get a game at Roosters). I remember Sterlings first season. He was hopeless. Fulton was average in his first season. The Bulldogs let Thurston go thinking he wasnt worth holding onto. Wouldnt say that now. It may surprise some but players actually have to develop before they reach their full potential.

One player who looks worthwhile and should be looked at for firsts is the U20s winger Anderson. Not exceedingly fast, but very solid, hard running, good defence. He was a class ahead of most players on the field last week. And he kicks goals. Something like Taufua and gets involved in the play, better catcher of the ball and more agile.

Gee some of you guys are hard on a first year 21 year old kid. They're not all like Tommy T. Those pushing for Parker. Well he's done some nice things in lower grades and played adequately when in firsts, but I dont think he's the answer at this stage. Thing is we have no one better and I've no doubt that by next year he'll be a level up in performances. We forget too quickly how players need time to adjust to firsts and even a new club. Koriosau was on the nose last year and was Walker. This year they've generally been stars. Sironen has struggled at Wests and initially here at Manly, but was developing very nicely before his injury. He's a kid learning his trade. I'm thankful we've got Kelly because I think he'll develop well. He's been recognised as a talent and that's why opposition players are focusing more on him now. Players often go through dips in form when other teams begin to work them out. Think Pongia (cant get a start now), Cleary (but for his last game has had an average season), Mitchell (struggling to get a game at Roosters). I remember Sterlings first season. He was hopeless. Fulton was average in his first season. The Bulldogs let Thurston go thinking he wasnt worth holding onto. Wouldnt say that now. It may surprise some but players actually have to develop before they reach their full potential.
Thurston Fulton Sterling ...... Kelly ????
You have very high expectations feathered friend .
Kelly is so slow once the opposing centre gets around him he cant keep up
You cant teach speed . You either have it or not
Thurston Fulton Sterling Kelly ???
Keep on dreaming .
clipart_slapen_animaatjes-290.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8