The Life Of Brian (Kelly)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm of the belief we should persevere with this young man , but gee there were some calls for his scalp throughout the game day thread.

There's no doubt he's being targeted , it's happening every week now, they hardly ever go near Dylan.

He'll grow with the experience , but I do think some on here need to realise the kids 20, and it's his first year.

Give him some time, he's a keeper!

I'm of the belief we should persevere with this young man , but gee there were some calls for his scalp throughout the game day thread.

There's no doubt he's being targeted , it's happening every week now, they hardly ever go near Dylan.

He'll grow with the experience , but I do think some on here need to realise the kids 20, and it's his first year.

thanks Mark, couldn't agree more. the kid's a footballer, through and through

i tend to think barrett's a sticker though, and despite the silvertails comments shown to the players at half time, we're unlikely to see a pre-emptive changing of the guard in team selections based on who's the latest forum whipping boy

I agree, I'd like to see him given the confidence that the position is his with an off season to bulk a little. As you said, for a young fella in his first year in he has been solid and the only way is up. He doesn't hide, if he stuffs up, he does go looking to make up for it rather than curling up in a ball, and i like that in a player.

I keep hearing whispers though that recruitment folks have their eye on a bigger prize. Personally I don't think it's a position we really need to target too hard, but having missed a few forward targets, and not a lot left on the market, the goalposts may have moved.

I agree with Mark, he has talent, it's a steep learning curve, so they just have to keep supporting him and encouraging him to learn it all fast.
He's the best option we have for left centre, pretty simple.

He can only improve so worth persevering with him.Only young and it's a long season for a 20 yr old in debut season.Whilst he has made some errors,you can't blame a centre for a team losing.Besides,the alternatives are hardly reserve grade standard

His effort in belting Brooks into losing the ball towards games end shows he doesn't give up.
Although to give his body a rest and get his confidence up a game or two in the reggies wouldn't hurt him.
But he's part of the future so I'm happy to stick with him.

Remember Matai's first TWO years actually. The guy really struggled hands, break the line and defensive skill wise. Kelly's ahead of that trajectory. The raw natural talent is there. I think the kid needs some confidence, aggression and the want to put his body on the line.

Someone also needs to tell him to grow some corn rose (is that's what it's called?). Use Taupau's hairdresser.

Gotta be careful boys. Some players are inspired in different ways. Maybe dropping Kelly may have the opposite affect of what you want to achieve here. We are winning (and I'm not counting that Panthers officiating debacle as a loss), so don't change what isn't broke.

Trent said at half time, the players kind of assumed they'd just turn up and win. I also feel that they have these next 3 weeks in mind. TBH, I felt we played better against The Panthers than The Tigers. You want your team to lift against the better sides.

It's all looking good imo.

Storm and Rorters will throw all their attack at Kelly Winter and Green. They're our weakness in defence. Quick play the balls today killed us but after the hammering the refs have been giving us it was understandable. Makes a difference if you've got a Scam Smith or whinging Thurston in your side to intimidate the clowns.

Barrett and Bozo over two years have created a game winning "unit" that is harder to get out of than to get into (like the cricket teams of old).
This explains the persistence with Brown and, to lessor extent, Kelly.
They are all playing for each other this year, dropping one of them from a winning side and at this point of the season would be counter productive.

, but I do think some on here need to realise the kids 20, and it's his first year.

"There's no doubt he's being targeted , it's happening every week now, they hardly ever go near Dylan "
@Mark from Brisbane . If you were the opposition coach would you not target him ?
"gee there were some calls for his scalp throughout the game day thread"
@Mark from Brisbane
Don't you think supporters call it as they see it ?
"He'll grow with the experience"
@Mark from Brisbane
We all hope so and until he does we will call it as we see it

Barrett and Bozo over two years have created a game winning "unit" that is harder to get out of than to get into (like the cricket teams of old).
This explains the persistence with Brown and, to lessor extent, Kelly and Api.
They are all playing for each other this year, dropping one of them from a winning side and at this point of the season would be counter productive.
Dropping an under performing player is not counter productive . Sticking with the starting 17 team is counter productive . We have other players outside the 17 that are keeping them honest and to disregard them would be counter productive as competition for the top 17 spots is productive

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4