Brett Stewart our most important player ever?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our attack and defence improves every time this guy steps on the field. He reads the game better than every fullback in the game. The play when Lyon scored wouldn't of happened without him. He did not touch the ball but the defender watching him allowed Jamie to slip through.

He doesn't play tonight, we lose.

The best player to ever wear the no 1 for Manly.

What an important player to the team. Let's hope he can get through next week and wrap him up in off season. We need him at the end of the year. Hiku etc can cover during the year. The Prince plays, we literally win.

When asked who was the key player in our team my response is always Brett Stewart. Like you said The Prince of Brookvale he didn't touch the ball when Killer scored, but he worried the Souths defence.

Peta Hiku has been an unbelievable player for us whilst covering for Snake, but he doesn't attract defenders (this will change) like Snake, plus he doesn't have much of a passing game.

And Snakes defence is the best of any fullback in the game.

Graham Eadie is my alltime favourite legend.....but yes, i believe Brett Stewart has been the most important player for us for a very long time. Maybe only Bob Fulton will surpass him in the most valuable ever.

He's one of he best players I've ever seen, in any position. Over his career he's scored tries that nobody else could have scored - his hands and anticipation are truly extraordinary. As a fullback, there are no weaknesses in his game: he's safe under the high ball, a great organiser in defence, a strong tackler in cover, plus he scores plenty of tries and sets up plenty of others. His passing game is sublime and he can kick effectively when he has to. Sure, he's not as dangerous returning the ball as somebody like Inglis but he doesn't have to be. For a fullback that's a bonus, not a requirement.
Like many of our current stars, I still don't think he gets the accolades he deserves, partly because he plays for Manly and partly - sadly and horribly - because a false accusation dragged his reputation through the mud and the NRL hung him out to dry. But he's better than Slater, better than Inglis, better than anyone.

we will look back in 10 years and think Geez.. i wish we had a player like B Stewart. He won 3-4 grand finals with us.. what an era ;)

Been watching since 1991, and last night confirmed to me that he is the best player I have seen in a Manly jersey. I never thought anybody would go past Cliffy for me but he has done it

Brett and Graham are in my book equal when it comes to the impact they had on their respective teams.

Remember that the Wombat was the Australian fullback for many years and I have never seen a full back who defended like he did. Graham was also a champion goal kicker, he alone was responsible for Manly winning in 76 and he was man of the match in the 78 replay.

Brett is superior when it comes to scoring tries and making them, he has no peer there and he to me is the best buy we have had in the last 20 years without a question, what the hell were the dragqueens doing!!

We have been blessed with brilliant number 1's, never forget Matthew Ridge either he was another great for us.

Brett Stewart will go down as a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles legend but you can't compare players from different eras & positions in some cases.
Question: If Brett Stewart didn't have the likes of Orford, Lyon, D.C.Evans, Foran etc & was playing for Parramatta & J.Hayne was at Manly would he be the same?

Our attack improved considerably last night, thanks to Snake. That isn't to denigrate Pita Hiku, who will be a star in the future, but Snake offers the team that little bit more. A fantastic footballer.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Whilst its hard to compare different eras of RL, Snake has now definitely eclipsed the great great Graham Eadie, but without the goal kicking.

Brett Stewart is the Manly No 1 club player ever.

In years to come he will be mentioned in the same breath as Bob Fulton, Steve Menzies, Malcolm Reilly. We are all priviledged to see his whole career, and we are lucky he is ours. Cherish the memories. I saw the whole Bozo career and his effect influence on Manly was very similar, but Snake has the extra quality of breathtaking speed.

I'll say it again: The Jane Try Stand should be renamed to the "Brett Stewart Grandstand". There should be a huge logo of the Manly Sea Eagle beside a huge logo of a Snake at the top of the stand. The artwork has already been created (by Wolfman ?).

KaZa said:
we will look back in 10 years and think Geez.. i wish we had a player like B Stewart. He won 3-4 grand finals with us.. what an era ;)
Wombat won 4. 1972. 1973, 1976, 1978. The Snake and Wombat are both a class act

Snake is the King cobra. Gutherson will be the next Prince cobra. I'm unsure if Hiku will end up on the Centre or Wing?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4