Brendan Elliot on BSB tomorrow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
Just a heads up Brendan Elliot will be on the Big Sports Breakfast tomorrow morning around 7.20am

Should be good to get an insight as to how things are going with Des now in charge as he has certainly kept things under the radar thus far!

Nice - maybe SMS a few questions for Brendan through to Loz and TK +61 419 767 272

For some reason I think Brendan will keep his cards close to his chest - Des likes it low key!

Just a heads up Brendan Elliot will be on the Big Sports Breakfast tomorrow morning around 7.20am

Should be good to get an insight as to how things are going with Des now in charge as he has certainly kept things under the radar thus far!
Thanks for the heads up mate . I am a fan of this guy . I think he will reach his potential with us . Any back that possess good pace has to be in the race

Scoring for the Roosters . Could be Wolfman Mark2

42696_39_2.jpg

Yes, a good interview;

• Des has taken @Ryan advice and decided to get the boys fit
  • Brendan hasn’t been to Diggers yet, also should be music to the ears of @Ryan - drinking culture has gone
  • Turbos are real leaders for the club
  • Elegy is settling in well
  • Des is addressing deficiencies from last year but also looking ahead
  • Brendan preferred position is centre but has been training at wing and fullback as well - sounds as though he will be a bit of a utility role

Last edited:
Yes, a good interview;

• Des has taken @Ryan advice and decided to get the boys fit
  • Brendan hasn’t been to Diggers yet, also should be music to the ears of @Ryan - drinking culture has gone
  • Turbos are real leaders for the club
  • Elegy is settling in well
  • Des is addressing deficiencies from last year but also looking ahead
  • Brendan preferred position is centre but has been training at wing and fullback as well - sounds as though he will be a bit of a utility role
You forgot the standard "toughest preseason he's ever had" response. Although, I think this time it might actually be true.

Definitely a first grade standard back line player and should be a quite handy pick up with his versatility . Must be due for a better run on the injury front and starting with this approaching season hopefully

I actually think he will start on the wing round one......seen a lot of YART's flying around with Garrick, Hoppa, Funa and even Parker but I think Elliott may pip them

I think round 1 backline will be

1.Turbo
2.Taufua
3.Walker*
4.Suli
5.Elliott

with Funa as the smokey

I actually think he will start on the wing round one......seen a lot of YART's flying around with Garrick, Hoppa, Funa and even Parker but I think Elliott may pip them

I think round 1 backline will be

1.Turbo
2.Taufua
3.Walker*
4.Suli
5.Elliott

with Funa as the smokey
I agree. I would actually be more surprised if he wasn’t there given his experience. I can see Des wanting to blood only one rookie - if any - in the backline in round 1.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
So if Hoppa is available:

01.Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

for mine. Suli has to play Under 23's until he forces his way back into the team.

Just remembered we have committee members and blokes that get personal calls from Gorman ..... surely one of them can ring Lyall at home and ask him about Hoppa .... fukken yarts depend on it for goodness sakes .....

Get off your arrses and ring Lyall you lot ......
Office hours are 9 - 5 Mon - Fri . It is after 5 now so I will ring the club Tuesday morning and find out the DOB of Hoppa and let you guys know

Just remembered we have committee members and blokes that get personal calls from Gorman ..... surely one of them can ring Lyall at home and ask him about Hoppa .... fukken yarts depend on it for goodness sakes .....

Get off your arrses and ring Lyall you lot ......
There is a Members Council meeting 6/2 - I will raise an issue and get it minuted- any other questions while we are on the subject?

What beer is being sold at Brookie , what Des has for breakfast??

I haven’t seen anything other than decent pace in this guy.Journey man and if he’s a regular centre we are in all sorts. At wing he won’t be giving us a leg up out of our end on the first tackle that’s for sure.

And Woodsie is right. If Sulis a centre I’m a good sort.

There is a Members Council meeting 6/2 - I will raise an issue and get it minuted- any other questions while we are on the subject?

What beer is being sold at Brookie , what Des has for breakfast??

Make fun of the big issues all you like ..... but when yarts are comprimised .... we have nothing .... we are doomed ....

I would actually also see Elliot more in the category of a Ben Farrar type of recruit for Manly , only having a bit more pace but being able to cover the outside backs or full back role . Really haven "t seen much of his footy career to date [ even allowing for his injury issues ] but the fact that he does possess some genuine pace can only be a positive . Having spent some time in the N R L now and gaining some experience should be of some benefit to the relatively young and inexperienced players in the Manly back line at the present time .

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7