Breaking contracts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
We hear about players breaking contracts, but what about Graham Annesley? He just broke a contract with the NSW people to move to a higher paying job, and it will cost us - the NSW taxpayers - $300,000 for a bi-election. Sorry to get political but this happens on all sides of politics. Those that break contracts, be they footballers, politicians or regular employees, should be held financially responsible.
What's his reason? Compassionate grounds? Hardly; it's for more money.

moving this to general discussion as only has the most tenuous of relations to football

The Who said:
Dan said:
moving this to general discussion as only has the most tenuous of relations to football

Dan. He is the NSW Sports Minister and a ex rugby league referee.

yes and Bill harrigan owns Oz tag, works on radio and used to referee Rugby League, however his contract would have nothing to do with Rugby League

Well, sometimes the good news is that the opposition usually wins by elections.

But if they want to go, they can't be stopped. Unless you make it a rule that early retirement = seat goes to an opposition party, but that hardly reeks of democracy.

globaleagle said:
Well, sometimes the good news is that the opposition usually wins by elections.

But if they want to go, they can't be stopped. Unless you make it a rule that early retirement = seat goes to an opposition party, but that hardly reeks of democracy.

No. I think the politician who breaks his/her contract should have to pay for the by-election if their reason is for personal gain, as is the case with Annersley. It is understandable if it is for illness-related reasons (or if they are thrown in jail, as should have happened with several NSW Labour members from the previous Parliament). You watch. Following this Federal election we'll have plenty of current Government politicians resigning when they become the Opposition. It's wrong. You stand for election you should serve your full term, or pay the price.

The Who said:
We hear about players breaking contracts, but what about Graham Annesley? He just broke a contract with the NSW people to move to a higher paying job, and it will cost us - the NSW taxpayers - $300,000 for a bi-election. Sorry to get political but this happens on all sides of politics. Those that break contracts, be they footballers, politicians or regular employees, should be held financially responsible.
What's his reason? Compassionate grounds? Hardly; it's for more money.

Afternoon Who - I've just finished work for another day and noticed this thread of yours. Dont know GA's reason to want to leave politics but at least I can say he was honest in his excuse that he just didnt seem to be "cut out" for politics. Although that made me wonder as a fellow who I sit on a Community Board (not surf) with said he was once his Union Rep. Usually, Unionism and Unionists next step is into politics of a local nature if they want to pursue that line. It appears G.Annesley likes and loves his sport to want to take on being CEO of GC Titans, that and he also gets a seachange thrown in. Hope he has good eyesight and the beaches dont weaken it. Lucky devil!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2